“Grub is Good, Really Good”

Prison City Pub & Brewery
Ranked #3 of 122 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Description: Brewpub in historic downtown Auburn, NY. Featuring house brewed beers, 20+ draft beers, and specialty brewhouse plates.
Reviewed October 21, 2016

We were part of a large group and I don't think they were prepared for such a volume of diners. We waited longer than a normal wait at any restaurant, over 45 minutes. Thankfully, the company was good, so time flew by and our appetites were suppressed by cordial chatter. However, once our meal arrived - it was worth the wait. My son ordered Fish and Chips and the fish was cooked to perfection. Glistening, delicious and plentiful! My husband ordered his favorite Shepard's Pie. He said that the taste was spot on and the only complaint - needed more mashed potato. I ordered the Chicken and Waffles. Wow! The waffle had a perfect slight crisp to its soft texture. The chicken was fried perfectly and the sauce - was literally the topping on the cake. Best Chicken and Waffles I've ever had. Price was very reasonable for the quality of food. As this was a brewery, unfortunately I don't drink, so I can't review that. The drinks did look really interesting. There was also a wall of games and toys to keep the our youngsters busy and happy. Drawback, the hostess was a bit flustered. Not sure if it was because of the size of the crowd. She literally moved us out of the booths, I guess to put regular diners there (so you see how service got rated lower, we Are regular diners too) and some of us had to sit on these narrow bar tables. There was never an apology for our long wait. Or a thank you for making us wait so long. Oh well, the food was great.

Reviewed October 20, 2016

went for lunch b4 a golf tournament , food was excellent , beers brewed right on premises. Though i'm not a beer drinker , the others raved about it . All 4 of us had awesome meals too ! service was great !

Date of visit: September 2016
2  Thank mike t
Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch as we were attending an event in the area. Had the soup and sandwich, cheese and broccoli soup was good and the grilled ham and cheese was on Texas toast. Sandwich was thick with ham and very tasty. Friends had the Mac and cheese with pork and a hamburger and they said it was very good. Fries with burger was so-so. Service was good. Definitely would go again!

Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

Was traveling thru Auburn for business and decided on Prison City Pub&Brewery for dinner. They had a sizable selection of micro brews as on would expect and a decent liquor selection as well. Had 2 of the micro-beers with my dinner special. Smoked brisket over Brussels sprouts, hazelnut and bacon hash, with sweet squash /apple compote and a blue cheese crumble, topped with a balsamic glaze. It was fantastic!!!! And I don't even like Brussels sprouts!!
Catherine was very friendly and helpful. Very pleased with my dinner choice and plan to go back in next time I'm in town.

Reviewed October 9, 2016

I was doing some sight seeing and stopped in for lunch. As I was a "single" I choose to sit at the bar and ordered from their. Very helpful staff, decent food, good service. It was a pleasant atmosphere and you could tell many come in for the wide range of beer selections. I would recommend as an easy stop for a bite and a brew.

Date of visit: September 2016