“It's a bar/restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2017

Nothing big about this place. If you're looking for pub food, then this will do. Philly Cheesesteaks are awesome, probably one of the best in the area. Wings are pretty good too (nice variety of sauces) and the fries are always crisp. Nachos used to be good; now it's more chips than anything else. Inconsistent is probably the best word to describe it.

Reviewed July 12, 2017

We dined here at around 5:00 PM on a Wednesday, and there were no other customers in the restaurant table area. A few came in after us, but at no time did it approach a condition that I'd describe as even slightly busy. So I was very disappointed that with no distractions or excuses, our server still managed to botch our dinner orders.

It's not like we ordered anything complicated. My order: cup of French onion soup, beef on a weck with fries. My wife's order: cup of French onion soup, ham and cheese sandwich special. So what arrived at our table? Everything but the soup, which should have preceded everything else. Aside from an apology, the server offered to keep our food warm while the soup was brought out, but we didn't want to be re-served the same meals after they'd spent 15 minutes under a heat lamp.

The manager came by later to ask how everything was, and suppressing the irritation I was feeling, I simply said "Okay, except for the mistake with the soup." She apologized and simply said that she hoped we were enjoying everything else. Now, I've eaten at other restaurants where a botched order has triggered not just a verbal apology but also an offer of a free appetizer or dessert or comping of one of the meals, but that was not part of this restaurant's approach to business.

As for the food we did get, it was quite good. My sandwich had plenty of thinly sliced roast beef (though not rare, as is the custom for beef on a weck), and the au jus for dipping was tasty. The kimmelweck roll was softer and a bit smaller than I remember having it in Western NY but still passable. The steak fries were pretty good, crispy and not limp as sometimes happens with this cut of potato. My wife reported that her beef and cheese sandwich was very tasty.

Parker's is definitely a pub, however, and if you are interested in a quiet restaurant atmosphere, this isn't it. All of the chairs, booths, and tall chairs I could see had hard wood seats, no cushions, so this is also not a place you'd choose for comfort.

If you are okay with the pub atmosphere and don't want anything much in the way of fancy entrees or high quality service, you can get a good meal at Parker's.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

We went for a quick bite and pre-planned on burgers. he had a a cajun burger with cajun spices, pepper jack cheese and jalepenos and it was said t be very hot...it was mildy so. I had a Dewey burger with mushrroms, swiss and bacon. I asked for medium but it was closer to well done and rather dry. Menu is large and that may be an issue for the kitchen. Staff was friendly and accommodating. It was ok, average

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

We have been to parker's three times. First time was great! We had good service and good food. So of course, we go lets go there again. Second time we go food was awful and we our serve wasn't very friendly. The third time we waited 45 minutes to be seated even though there were empty seats around and servers were just standing around joking and talking while there were a ton of people waiting for serves. We finally get seat and then we wait for another 45 minutes before someone comes over to even greet us and take out drink order. Our server was just awful and very rude and the food ended up being gross. And it was just a terrible experience. Honestly, will never go there again.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

My wife and I ate dinner here and both meals were very good! I had the pulled pork sandwitch with fries and she had the salad sandwitch wrap. They had a good selection of beers here also. It was a warm evening so we sat outside. Very enjoyable experience.