“A real gem in the Finger Lakes”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Auburn
Lakeside Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Auburn B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2011

This was my second visit to Lakeside. This time I brought my daughter and we had the most fun we have had in a long time. I had raved to her for two years about how wonderful my visit had been when I stayed there. She said I wasn't exaggerating. The welcome upon our arrival was so warm that we felt as if we were visiting relatives we hadn't seen in a while. Our room had a huge private bath and both were meticulous. Even the sheets and pillow cases had been ironed. There was a beautiful view of the lake from our windows. Breakfast at Lakeside is always the most bountiful and delicious of any B&B's I have visited. Local attractions were close by and we especially liked the MacKenzie Childs Factory. If you are looking for a relaxing, gracious respite for a few days, look no farther. Make sure you set aside some time to just sit down by the lake and enjoy the moment. I promise you will not be disappointed. We will be back next year. Sincerely,
Misty & Dee Doonis

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank VirginiaYork

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Having stayed at many bed and breakfasts over the past 30 years,it's rare to find one that is just about 100% perfect.A beautiful home on the shore of the lake,a delightful room,modern bath,home baking,a wonderful and a charming hostess is what awaits here.The setting and service is A+.My wife and I are looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I cannot believe there are many places to stay in the Finger Lakes with a better setting than this.A great find and what a pity we could not stay longer and the weather was a bit unkind.An ideal base to explore Auburn,Skaneateles and the surrounding area.We had excellent dinners in both at restaurants recommended by Judy

1  Thank chrisboswell
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I take my daughter for a weekend get-away every year for her birthday. I coldn't find a more beautiful perfect home in the most georgous setting on the Lake ever! Judy is the most gracious hostess, fun to talk to, immaculate housekeeper and a wonderful chef in the kitchen. The aroma of bread baking woke us up in the morning and that was just the start to a delicious breakfast in the most wonderful breakfast room with a fantastic view of the lake! My daughter and I so enjoyed talking with Judy, our hostess, and Gary and Linda who were spending their 25th anniversary there. We felt very lucky to have found such a perfect Bed and Breakfast Inn in the middle of the Finger Lakes, a region so unique and beautiful, it must be seen to appreciate it.
We wish Judy and her husband all the best in the world and we can't wait to come back.
Traudi

Room Tip: One bedroom has twin beds (for children!)
  • Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 25 May 2011

We were looking for a weekend get away to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary.
We selected the Finger Lakes and after some research, found the Lakeside B&B based on what we saw and read on TripAdvisor.
It was exactly what we were looking for.
We called Judy (the owner) to ask some questions and decided to book it.
When we arrived Judy showed us around and was very warm and accomodating. She is fairly new to the B&B business but is doing a great job. Her home ia beautiful and she is all about making her guests feel welcome and comfortable.
The room was very nice. We had the Queen bed room with the private bath. Very comfortable bed....nice bathroom (great shower)...and nice view of the lake.
She serves you breakfast every morning...in a large patio room with an absolute great view of the lake. Starts off with fresh fruit....yogurt....coffee/tea...juices...and fresh bread...which you smell the moment you open your eyes. We then had blueberry pancakes one morning...and French Toast the other day....both were really good !
We then usually went out on the back porch or in the chairs down by the lake to read or just relax and let the food settle. (There's an awesome hammock too!)
Plenty to do in the area...we hit a bunch of wineries which are just a short drive from Owasco Lake....and also visited Skanetateles(sp?) " Skinny Atlas".....
Lots of little shops there and plenty of places to eat...we ate at 1820 House which is outside of town a bit....food was really good....but decor and condition of restaurant was a let down....a bit rustic. Every one told us Moro's Table right in Auburn is the place to go ...but it was closed Sunday.
Best Wineries are.....Goose Watch...Swedish Hill...Montezuma(they sell vodka made from bee's honey) and CJS Winery. We liked CJS because the owners took us in the back room and showed us the whole process. Great people. Smaller operation but worth the stop.
Back at the house....you have alot of privacy....rooms are very quiet and Judy is available for questions...but she gives you lots of space and "run of the house"
They have the absolute best property on the lake....and the home is immaculate.
It looks like something out of a magazine....but you still feel comfortable and welcome there.
All in all....it was a relaxing and very enjoyable weekend....I would highly recommend the Lakeside B&B for anyone looking for a "get away".

Room Tip: Room with Queen bed, private bath and view of lake
1  Thank Jintsfan
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at Lakeside B&B. The owner was especially welcoming and we enjoyed the lake view, especially over breakfast. The room was relaxing and comfortable. We would definitely come back again when in town!

Reviewed 6 October 2010

First of all, the picture on the website homepage fails to capture the real beauty of the Lakeside b&b and its setting. It is a sacred space. Indoors everything is quality; everything is clean. Spacious and comfortable are fitting description. I walked to the water's edge at 11 P.M., and the next morning I sat by the shore for a spell. A precious meditation. And Judy served a tasty breakfast as we relaxed over coffee with two other guests who proved to be delightful. We'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
5.2 km away
7.4 km away
Skaneateles Inn on 20
Skaneateles Inn on 20
#2 of 7 in Auburn

Been to Lakeside Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!