“Asian cuisine with a twist”
Review of Felix

Felix
Ranked #108 of 1,603 Restaurants in Makati
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2018

Felix serves a lot of Filipino food but with a twist, not the typical Filipino food. They add some ingredients to the authentic Filipino food to make it different from the typical. They also serve other Asian food.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed June 24, 2018

My daughter and I were in the area for our usual bonding. Before my dinner commitment, we decided to have light snack at Felix. Years ago, we had an unpleasant experience with this resto that we did not come back anymore for a long time (i recalled 3 items we ordered from the menu were not available, pizza was overdone, mojito tasted synthetic)

But since its the resto nearest us that time and my feet ache from the long walks, we opted to give it another chance. This comeback proved successful this time!!

It was JayVee who welcomed us and led us to our table. He, along with the other staff were very attentive. I specifically appreciate the space planning of the dining area which has enough space for foot traffic. The interiors are subdued and classic. The colors are very relaxing to the eyes. The seats are well cushioned. Opportunity to improve the restrooms. The venue is best for family or business meetings. We ordered Spicy Tuna w Garden Salad, Homemade Goose Liver Pate and Truffle Pasta with Poached Egg and my daughter tried their Florabel Tea --- they were ALL EXCELLENT! My daughter, who is culinary, was just a bit disappointed with the Truffle Pasta, which seemed to lack in truffle taste. But that was overshadowed by the pleasantness of the total experience. We noticed that they renamed some items and revised their menu and I would say, much has improved. Congratulations and keep revolutionizing to cope up with the demands of the new times!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 22, 2018

I have nothing but good words with Felix Restaurant. I called them a couple of days prior to our wedding Anniversary and to my surprise the Manager that I spoke to named Jayvee offered us a complimentary anniversary cake! When we arrived at the restaurant with my 5 year old son and husband, Jayvee assisted us to our table (I requested for a corner table for privacy) He's very accommodating and provided us with the selection of their drinks.

I love the bread that was served to us while we were looking at the menu. The olive oil with tomato and basil or butter is just so good. The ambiance is cozy yet classy, with those high round blue sofas. Love it!! Before we start our dinner, the Manager asked to take us a photo using his phone amused with his gesture but didn't bother anyway but to my surprise after we're done with our dinner they serve the complimentary cake and the simple token - (yes! our Family picture taken by Jayvee) How sweet is that right? :) The little things really matters the most!

Thank you for our memorable wedding Anniversary celebration, Felix! We will definitely come back!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

I was walking along in Greenbelt in Makati and spotted Felix. This eclectic Euro/American type restaurant drew my interest. I stepped in and had one of the nicest cooked seared Halibut I have had in ages. The combination with nice mashed potatoes and haricot vert very European but nicely done for Manila. The wine list is quite good and the Wines by the Glass nice Australian offerings and Italian. The restaurant serves pasta to steaks and fish. The service was spot on and attentive. And the end of meal coffee on time and tasty!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

Visited here with my wife for dinner before heading home for Christmas. We reserved after walking past earlier in the day. A pretty and modern restaurant. Also lots of heavily retouched photos outside enticing us in. Anyway. On arrival, the place was virtually empty and the staff looked a little tired and ready to go home. The empty restaurant meant the vibe was flat and this showed in the food. I said to the waitress i hoped the food looked as good as the photos in the window outside. I had french onion soup with cheese.
Its fair to say that it was too sweet. And the chees was reminiscent of chewing gum. My wife had oyster with again cheese smothered all over. She said it was tasty but lacked the meatiness of the real oyster filling. My main of roast chicken and vegetables was disappointing as the bird arrived over cooked. Pretty sure the re-cooked it from lunch-time as it wasnt fresh...crisp skin and juicy. A bit disrespectful i thought. Side order of roast potatoes werent roasted either. My wife had Sra Bass which was luke warm on arrival and seemed cooked in old oil. At this point it seemed as though we were being served leftovers from an earlier sitting and the staff were ready to get home. So disappointing as i feel they can do better. Maybe the chef had already gone home for Christmas. Shame as the set up of the place looked pretty good and the managers were polite and im sure just wanted to to a good nights work in a full restaurant with happy people.

Date of visit: December 2017