“By far and by a long way... the very best steakhouse in Manila”

Elbert's Steak Room
Ranked #89 of 1,533 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2016

Its not possible to adequately describe how good this steakhouse restaurant is ... tucked away in an unassuming building, the clientele here know and love the place.. its not cheap, by any means, but it is excellent and for those who appreciate their meat done properly, there is no better place to head to in the city.

Reviewed May 11, 2016

The place is cozy and it's hard to find. Though the last time I ate here the steak is better before though it's still good now. Service can always be better. I was there very early for an appointment it took the, 30 mins to offer me water. And it would be better also after offering me water they offer me some appetizers or something while waiting.... Going back to the steak it's not as tender as before... But overall it's still one of great steak that I have tried.

Reviewed April 23, 2016

I've yet to have a better steak in Manila than the ones at Elberts - a perennial favorite.
Small but well thought out wine list and the simple formula of soup, salad, steak & dessert is a winner.
Don't forget the duck fat chips - delicious...

It can be a bit of a challenge to find the restaurant - yes - go up the dodgy stairs in the office block behind the Indian restaurant and a lovely surprise awaits up on the second floor...

Reviewed April 17, 2016

Elbert's is a delightfully discreet venue tucked away in a nondescript building. The drab exterior and the slightly shabby flight of stairs leading up to it aren't promising - but ah! the stunning dark wood interior that awaits you!

And the menu! As it's name suggests, Elbert's does steaks and it does them well: only prime cuts of USDA prime beef and nothing less. I had a succulent tenderloin served medium rare, washed down with an excellent vino which my colleague brought along. (Not sure how much they charged for corkage!)

One floor down, there's a cosy gentlemen's bar (ostensibly managed by Elbert's) with an excellent selection of whiskies - the perfect place for a digestif after an excellent meal.

Urban legend has it that there's no signage outside the restaurant because the place is so good, the regulars want to keep it for themselves. So shhh - you didn't hear it from me! <Wink>

Reviewed February 8, 2016 via mobile

I'm a meat lover, and I've had many opportunities to try meat all around the globe. Elbert's Steak House was always a reference in Manila, and I guess it still is. I was able to experience at a number of occasions in past years (2010-2012). Nevertheless in this latest visit after so many years I wasn't impressed. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, but after having been delighted at La Cabrera a few days back, Elbert's seemed to have lost its status as a deferent. Bone-on tenderloin was ok, French fries as well. Nevertheless the amount of meat around the bone was at the lower end of expectations. Salad was abundant but not really top fresh. I would have preferred less quantity but more freshness. Color lower soup was good and in the right measure, not too much not too little. Service was very friendly as usual.