“a dining experience like no other!”
Review of Buddha-Bar Manila

Buddha-Bar Manila
Ranked #88 of 1,664 Restaurants in Makati
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located at Picar Place on Kalayaan Avenue, this establishment is impressively spacious, with two floors, numerous balconies and an outside terrace with a pool, offering local and foreign clients the possibility of enjoying diverse atmospheres. Buddha-Bar Manila highlights Asian culture, with an audacious, subtle and constantly innovative menu. Here, one can enjoy refined and exotic cuisine that has delighted the palates of its visitors as well as a different atmosphere each evening, thanks to diverse theme-based events and parties.
Reviewed November 26, 2012

when i learned that buddha bar has already opened in manila, i was very eager to visit the place. i've heard that the other branches abroad are the top destinations of the famous personalities like Madonna, JLo and more. so when i decided to have a dinner there with some friends, i've never thought that it would be one of the most memorable dining experiences in my entire Manila life.

when we went inside the place, it was like being in another mystical world away from the toxic metro. the ambiance is so chic and very stylish. we were assisted by the receptionist to our table at the 2nd floor promptly. we ordered some of their specialties. the food was quite pricey but very reasonable. it was very impressive, very imaginative and well put together. after dinner, we had a few drinks at the rooftop.the roof deck is an open area and is really a wonderful place for late night drinks as it has wonderful lounge where you can just sit and relax. everything went really well that night and we really enjoyed the experience. we will definitely go back soon!

kudos to the management and staffs who were very attentive to our needs and very prompt with the service!

Date of visit: November 2012
3  Thank Steph L

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Alright, kudos to the franchise owners, they really make it a point that the atmosphere inside the restaurant takes top priority. And you'll be really amazed once you step in their temple-like bar: candles everywhere (Stevie Wonder shouldn't be dining here alone), a gigantic Buddha statue right in the center, elegantly-arranged tables. In short, it has everything you would expect from a 5-star dining experience. As far as the food is concerned, well, I could get the same quality from North Park or Hap Chan. We ordered the Black Pepper Beef with Basil and the Five Spice Chicken; for dessert, we had the Trio Creme Brulee, which was really good! It comprised three flavors: chocolate, vanilla and coffee. At first glance, the prices actually seemed okay considering that you're surrounded by fancy interiors and the like. So, we were expecting a bill of 1,000+ pesos, service charge already included. To our surprise, it was PhP 2,400!! Why was that? They even had taxes on drinks separate from the high service charge and some other tax. All in all, what we paid for various taxes alone amounted to 600 pesos. We could have eaten at a 5-star hotel for that amount, and I'm talking about buffet here!
The MOST annoying thing while we were eating was the exaggerated attention we got from the waiters. One of them even served us their special FINEapple juice, funny. How fine can an apple be if it's not pineapple? Jokes aside, it was really irritating that 3 waiters were observing us while we were eating, making sure that they fix every single detail like putting the table napkin on our laps (hello? that's a private part of my body, I can do it alone). They even took our cold towels even if we haven't used them yet. Three of them even came back to check whether we used them or not. They took our plates even though we were not done with our food. And whilst we were chewing on our food, they looked us straight in the eye.
Care is okay, but too much attention is annoying and is a big faux pas for restaurant service.
Waiters should make sure they're there when you need them, NOT when you don't!

Date of visit: November 2012
3  Thank MatthiasK730
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Good place to hang out with your friends, stylish, chic casual, mostly brad spoil kids here.

For a drink that s a nice concept, for sure that's nothing new after Paris, Washington DC... But a real chance for Manila 10 years to late. The owner(s) really invested money, a huge building, a lot a waiters and bar tenders, friendly and proud to be there.
A bit expensive for dinner and for some common dishes and nothing special in your plate. And for dinner that's really too noisy.

Date of visit: June 2012
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I keep on traveling from europe to asia and when i come to know that BuddhaBar is in Manila, even on my last day in the country and my Flight is early in the morning i was so excited to be here since I've been to BuddhaBar Paris and Dubai . Coming to this place from my hotel in makati was so difficult because of the heavy rains and flood so i decided to wear shorts. When i arrived at BuddhaBar the bouncer and lovely receptionist informed me about the DRESS CODE POLICY and i was so disappointed with myself however I insisted and requested for a Manager presence. The manager arrived and spoke to me and explained the policy very promptly with professional manner however I i told them my situation and they understood. They let me entered this chic and trendy stylish bar with the arrangement of i'll be seated at the corner where nobody can see me. My friend and i was so thankful to the management and their attentive staffs for letting us experienced the SUPERB and AUTHENTIC dishes with the MOUTH WATERING cocktails. Again I would like to extend my warmest greetings especially to the Management Team!!!! Your the BEST.....

Date of visit: September 2012
4  Thank Stanley D
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Heavy rains closed the up top outside bar, so we opted to imbibe in the ground floor bar. Moving upstairs for dinner, we opted for some sashimi and sushi from their lengthy menus of both. My wife had the raspberry sake cocktail while sake I chose from among the several options was nice and dry served cold in an ice bucket. The mesclun salad implies young tender shoots of multiple types of greens but these were all senior citizens – truly fresh, green and crisp, but a bit too heavily salted for my taste. Then came the highlights of the evening, the blackened sesame tuna and the red curry vegetables. Both were exceptional, rich with flavor and texture – so good we fought to see who would enjoy the leftovers the next day. But wait, my wife’s barbecued ribs were also excellent and sufficient in number, so much so that a few made it to lunch the next day. There were many temptations on the menu that beckon for another day. The wine list had a smattering of offerings from several climes; ditto the sake and spirits menus. Service was generally excellent and the staff well trained, although they did seat a large, noisy group next to us initially before moving the mob to a more distant corner. Yes, it’s dark with lots of ambience and style, and the music was an eclectic mix of Asian and western tunes that contributed to the texture of the experience.

Date of visit: September 2012