“Art-filled walls and delicious Negrense food - what more can one ask for?!”
Review of Aida's Chicken

Aida's Chicken
Ranked #222 of 1,579 Restaurants in Makati
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

This only branch of the original Aida’s in Manukan Country, Bacolod is in many ways better than the original (purists will of vourse say the Inasal in Bacolod is better!). It has AC, more dishes outside of it’s main Cicken Inasal and because it’s owned by Toto Talusan, it has an interesting paintings and artworks all over the restaurant. We had bulalo, special fried tilapia, Ilonggo Express ang Inasal of course washed down by cold, tart and sweet kalamansi juice. We were stuffed but the dessert offering of frozen and avocado ice cream were just to tempting to refuse so we had them too! We will surely return to this restaurant whenever we have Bacolod inasal craving. I just wish they also serve fresh oysters lime the original Aida’s.

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

The best tasting bacolod chicken i have ever tasted in metro manila. Staff was also really helpfull, sad thing about it is that the place needs a little bit of retouch but overall would recomend it for bacolod chicken lovers.

Reviewed June 5, 2018

In the busy streets of Makati lies a restaurant with mouth-watering Ilonggo dishes. My boyfriend and I are eating in Aida's Chicken frequently. My favorite dishes here are the Kare-Kareng Pata, Paksiw na Tilapia, and Kansi. I couldn't help myself to have another order of extra rice. Will definitely go back here on a payday to try their other dishes.

If you want a freshly cooked viands or meals, go to Aida's Chicken at their opening time, when you are the first customer.

Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

It's location is a bit dark but the food is superb. The cansi was so good that I could've finished the whole order if I wanted to. They serve the usual chicken inasal bacolod style which is always a happy type of food for us Bacolodnons who are visiting Manila.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

My date and I took a short stroll in Makati which we haven't done in years. Kind of missed Makati. We visited Makati Cinema Square to check out the art exhibitions (would you believe that).

After that, we had lunch at this unassuming restaurant inside Makati Cinema Square named Aida's Chicken.

We ordered the Spicy Bangus with Bagoong and Okra, which was said to be good for two. We both loved it! The bangus used in this dish was "daing na bangus" (milkfish marinated in vinegar, peppercorns and crushed garlic, and then fried until golden) smothered in coconut milk, sprinkled with siling labuyo and siling haba. Okra and tomatoes were incorporated in this dish.

Ang sarrrraaappp! :) Mapapalaban ka sa kain dito at mapaparami ka ng tubig. We ordered three cups of rice, anyway.

Nothing really tops a dish with gata and sili. I love spicy things too. Is it because I'm part-Bicolano? Or is it because of my zodiac sign (I don't believe in horoscopes, siguro nagkataon lang, but it's enjoyable to read them) who is known daw for having preference to anything spicy? Even my Bicolana Nanay doesn't like spicy foods but she makes a mean laing.

Anyway... even my date liked the dish. He said he loved the gata. I had a runny nose after taking most of the chilies But it was ok! The free soup was also good.

Place was a bit dingy. Good thing the bangus was boneless (and it should be!).

The eclectic oil paintings gave the place a lot of character. So that's why this restaurant's light was a bit muted. Many museums and art galleries are illuminated that way.

Aida's Chicken, we found out, received lots of customers compared to neighboring restaurants. Most of the customers were office workers who came in for lunch. But there was little wonder about it. Their food was good (if only a bit pricey to my standards).

Many say that their star dish -- the inasal -- is way better than the "mainstream" inasal. Hope to try that someday. :)

Aida's Chicken is quite a hidden gem in Makati's foodscape. :)

(Rating: 4.5/5 rounded off to 5)