“This hotel is a total con” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Fraser Place Manila
Ranked #29 of 82 Hotels in Makati
the hague
“This hotel is a total con”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

I booked this hotel based on the reviews I read on Trip Advisor, but especially based on the images I saw on the hotel website. It looked great. However, upon arriving in my room I was surprised to find that the room looked nothing like the images on the website. My guess is that the images are from when the hotel opened some twenty years ago. (I have no idea how old the hotel was but the furniture looked like it was from the 1980s.)

I stayed in a large apartment and it was dreary, worn out and had a musty smell. I was reluctant to enter the kitchen after seeing a large cockroach there on my first night. The breakfast is basic, the pool on the roof OK. The lobbies of the lift do not have any air conditioning and therefore they are hot and smell of stale trapped air. My friend stayed at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residents around the corner it was new, cool and cheaper!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank narkuta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

This was a dreadfully disappointing experience in a dilapidated room with unacceptable service standards. Easily the worst staff I've come across inthe Philippines. Expect 1 star quality for a 5 star price.

This was the worst hotel I’ve stayed at for sometime and I’m even more shocked because I believed the positive comments about Fraser Place on Tripadvisor.

What no one has mentioned on this site is that the Fraser Place has a combination of newly renovated rooms and half renovated rooms which are effectively old and shabby and worth less than half of what you’ll get charged. I assume the positive comments are by people who were lucky enough to get new rooms.

Some of the particular low points were:
- Staff just walked into the room without knocking on two occasions. Apparently safety and security is of no concern to the Fraser Place. There was never an apology for this behaviour.
- Check in was incorrect and took ages. Staff checked the wrong parts of group into wrong rooms despite specific instructions
-Or room had a broken toilet which and did not get fixed the whole two days we stayed there despite repeated requests.
-Taps in the bathroom and kitchen leaked continuously
- Aircon was dusty, noisy and broken and would stop randomly in the night
- No drinking water provided in the rooms (a first for me anywhere in the Philippines). Expect to be charged for absolutely everything.
- Curtains dirty and dusty and didn’t close completely and much of the furniture was old and damaged.
-Staff in the lobby were nearly always fooling around at front desk and doing nothing to help guests.

I can’t imagine how anyone could consider staying longer term in a serviced apartment of the quality we stayed in. Only consider staying here if you’re willing to take the gamble of getting an old shoddy room for the price of a new one.

I will do my best to avoid staying at any Fraser property again after my experience at the Fraser Place Manila. For a better value option I will stay in the Ascott or Somerset properties or for the same price the Mandarin Oriental where the service is immaculate.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank talltaff
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

Its located right in a nice and quiet area in Makati. Its such a beautiful place right when you walk into the building. Fraser Place uses the security card system to only allow access to the floor your flat is in, making it unlikely for just anyone to turn up at your door so that's an added bonus for higher security. Do note that not all serviced apartments or hotels in Manila have this service. This place is extremely spacious as well and complete with all the amenities in every single flat. Staff are alert, very attentive and highly professional. The standard is very high! Its no wonder why so many guests locally and internationally check into Fraser Place. I highly recommend it here.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kmgk
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

When we arrived at Fraser place we were first impressed with the area but that was soon overtaken by the welcome and the rooms. We had booked a 2 bed but for some reason received a 4 bedroom, it was huge! They are equiped as well as anything I have ever stayed in, a real home from home!

We were so impressed that we cancelled our reservation at the Peninsula Hotel the following week and rebooked Fraser Place.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pcs10557
Taguig City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2010

I really feel at home and I want to live there forever after I got the experience of staying in Fraser Makati. I will buy a room there someday because I never got this kind of feeling since then. I felt that I am so safe, so comfortable, so free, so at home. I really like their kitchen, the washing machine and the dryer; they're so magnificent. I also love the view outside the building and I enjoyed the wash rooms. The crew are so hospitable and courteous and that's one of the things that I consider in going back there. I hope other people can experience the athmosphere and ambiance in Fraser Manila because it will become one of the most unforgettable moment of their entire life. It seems that a person really is missed 90% of his/her life if they havent gone in Fraser Place. This is the best Hotel for me in the Philippines! The most quiet one, peaceful, safest, most beatiful, most accommodating, the very best! Thanks Fraser! Am gonna but a unit there and am gonna stay there forever!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank renzoaugustoiii
Salvador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2010

Stayed with my parents and wife and we all agreed that Fraser Place was excellent. For $150/night we received a huge apartment that felt like a hotel room but came complete with fully operational kitchen, two en-suite bedrooms and huge living room. So much better than a hotel. Breakfast was delicious. Highly recommended for family groups.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 00Gringo
Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2010

We stayed at Fraser Place overnight for New Year's. I booked it 2 months in advance so I got it at 60% off. We got a 2-bedroom apartment and it was bigger than I imagined. The living room and dining room were spacious and so were the Master's bedroom and the second bedroom. Everything was complete in the kitchen from chinawares, to cooking tools, down to the apron and the dishwashing liquid.. It really was more like a home kitchen.

Service is exceptional. Everyone is so courteous. Even the guy who was polishing the floor asked if we've already visited the gym and sauna area and set aside what he was doing to take us there.

Their pool isnt that big. Then again, there arent a lot of people who swim at the same time anyway.

Only thing I didnt like about Fraser was their food. If you're not in a rush, might as well cook your own breakfast.

All in all, it was a great stay. Great location, great rooms, great service and great price (because it was on promotion). Thumps ub for Fraser Place.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family