City Garden Hotel Makati
US$164
US$138
US$214
US$109
New World Makati Hotel(Makati)
US$114
US$119
US$83
US$80
Trip.com
Artina Suites Hotel(Makati)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$29
Hotels.com
US$66
US$63
1,087 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantred light districtswimming poolbreakfast buffettop floorfront desk staffstar hotelcentury mallwifi connectionsuperior roombars and restaurantsfront officechecking outnight lifehome away from homebusiness districtgym
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I've stayed at City Garden Hotel Makati at least ten times in the past few years. The front desk staff are "service oriented" and kind. Room are complete with all the amenities like at a luxury establishment, and feel of the hotel gives you more comfort that you are retiring to your own luxury apartment unit which is a welcome thought for anyone who spends a good amount of time traveling for work. Worth my money and time!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cez0126
Reviewed March 24, 2012

The hotel. Vary clean staff nice. The rooms vary clean with hard wood floors not dirty carpet. Shower was great. Not like the Manila hotel that cost twice as much this one had 2 beds. So my wife and I did not have to sleep with our 8 year old. Only 8 to 10 mins from the Hard Rock. Not far from the vary big S.M mall. There gym and massage are vary nice. Overall a great hotel worth the money and I plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank 1,579
Reviewed March 24, 2012

As a frequent visitor to Manila, i tend to stay at different hotels each visit, i have chosen this on this time as its in the area where i lived a few years ago. I am only here for the one night before moving on to Boracay, and it has every thing i need. The hotel its self have lived up to the comments i have read before, The service on arrival was first class, the room, bight airy and well stocked. I was surprised that the price for the mini bar items are very reasonably priced. Not sure if i will use the bar and pool as off tomorrow morning, and yes i would recommend this hotel, if you are staying in Manila for a time, this is a great base in a great location.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank markis1md
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed in here for 4 nights in an Executive Deluxe Room, the room was smelly (smell of smoke), we've asked to be moved but was told the hotel was full, and never heard from reception again, till our check-out, which is a disappointment, as per the comment below.

Overall, I would say that the hotel is average, good location but service and food is a different story.

Pro
1. Good Location, 10-15mins walk to Ayala shopping precinct, don't take the taxi, the ride will take you longer than 15mins due to traffic.

Cons
1. Breakfast is basic for a hotel
2. Check-out time is ridiculous, 30mins really? And they sent a man to check the room while we were changing and was knocking furiously.
3. For a busy hotel, they only have 2 lifts and are very slow and narrow.
4. The hotel is next to the red-light district, so lots of seedy character around the area after 9pm.
4. Hotel staffs are not that as friendly as you expect, what happen to the Filipino friendliness?

The hotel has potential, specially its location but until they improved their services and train their staff, this will remain an average hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoke room in advance
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank fo2x
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Overall, it was a pleasant stay but I honestly have to say what a dreadful check-out it was! Let me elaborate:-

1. First of all, I did not even get a receipt for my payment! They are are basically charging me blindly and this is very disappointing.

2. It took forever for me to get my receipt (which I did not even receive) to be generated. I paid 10% and still need to pay the leftover 90%. Is that so hard to calculate? It is in the confirmation details on the website!

3. I ordered for an early breakfast on the 20th February 2012 and CLEARLY indicated the number of orders to be 2 with the information that I wanted corned beef instead of bacon but what was given to me was ONE order of breakfast and BACON instead of CORNED BEEF. The housekeeper was kind enough to explain that there was no corned beef but had the cheek to lie to me and told me that it was beef bacon! I double checked on that matter and founded out (which I asked the people on front desk to help me check but never gotten any feedback) that it was pork bacon which really, really distraught me. FYI, there are some people who do not eat pork!

4. On top of that, the front desk person had the nerve to ask for 200 pesos for slippers that I did not even use? I admit, it was out of the plastic where it came from but once I saw the plastic lock clip it had, I just left it under the table and never utilized it. The issue regarding the slippers would have easily been handled if there was a CLEAR indication that a charge would be implemented if the slippers were used. I highlighted the word Clear because there might be an indication, but I am sure as hell did not see it!

City Garden Hotel. please buck up regarding your service. I had a great time at the hotel, the service was nice but the last day (22/02/2012) really dumb it down. I will still recommend thehotel to my other friends but sadly, a word of caution will be added to the fold.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple