See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This facility is not far from the greenbelt shopping area. Lots of restaurants nearby. Super friendly staff always eager to please. Each room has a standard water heater so sink tub and shower have hot water. Over sized rooms and bathrooms. Handicap friendly facility and free laundry machine available that I found great. I loved this hotel and will be back as I travel often to manila. I find this the best value for the money. Rooms are clean and well serviced. Great restaurant inside the hotel, best hamburger I've had in Manila so far. Found everything on the menu great. Can't go wrong here. This is a serviced residence not many short stay hotel customers and the hotel is so quiet we just loved it so much.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Camper505252
Reviewed December 14, 2013

As I travel every week on business I stay in a different all the time. .I don't often write reviews as most hotels fall into the OK category..I do however write a review if a hotel is very good or very bad..I am pleased to say Greenstone falls into the former of these.

Located in an affluent area of Manila you feel very safe..with lots of restaurants nearby for foodies. .but if you want the more (seedy)..or should I say the more lively part of town..P.Burgos street. .that is just a $2 taxi ride away.

The hotel rooms are very big,clean with beds so comfortable you don't want to get out..which you can do if you want to laze around and watch lots of different movie channels on the flat screen TV. The staff are without doubt the best part of the hotel..super polite,very helpful,good english skills, great people who will take care of you. Breakfast buffet was Ok..nothing to extensive the usual mix of cereal,bread etc..but they will cook you an omlete fresh.

For Manili this hotel is considered pricey..but I would say it was good value.

The only down side is there is no room safe(management please note)..which is a pain..and the lifts (elevators) could do with a referb..

All in all a good place..I will stay again if they don't put prices up.

Date of stay: December 2013
2  Thank Mark H
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel about 5 years back when it was actually managed by Somerset. There have been no change in the building but amenties have been reduced. You will not find basic toiletries like toothbrush / paste.

I tried to keep the temperature of my room AC to 26 but could not do so and eventually have to switch it off. In breakfast do not expect much. Basically good for non vegetarians, not a lavish one but basic.

Check in and check out process is really slow. Overall there was nothing much to look for. Only plus point is that it is in business district of Makati and next to Indian/ French restuarant and Mini Stop/ 7 Eleven.

Room tip: Prefer rooms on higher floors above 20
2  Thank Rakesh37
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Very centrally located in Makati convenient to many essential amenities like mini markets, laundry, restaurants, office supplies, print shop, Alexa's Deli and Wine Bar (free WIFI), banking, Saturday Farmers' Market at Valasque park and Paseo Centre. E-Jeepnies (electric) runs along H.V. Dela Costa to Landmark for 8 pesos. We requested a unit facing the back away from the main road. The result was a huge one bedroom on the 26th floor, very clean although showing its age a little. The living room area is large enough for ballroom dancing! TV & DVD included but limited TV channels available, although a good mix of news, sports, cartoons and local Filipino channels. Kitchenette utensils are for two persons but we're sure additional could be provided.The only missing kitchen items are wash cloth, detergent & dish cloth which would have been a nice added amenity. Pool and fitness centre are on the 6th floor. There's a jacuzzi pool, change rooms with showers and lockers and a sauna in the men's side only. During our stay, no pool towels were available. Full buffet breakfast is included from 6-10AM off the lobby. Dry cereal, fruits, hot dishes, omelet counter, juice, toast, etc. Excellent service. We rate this as a 3.5. Certainly no complaints.

2  Thank conscom
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed here for 9 nights. It is close to everything one would need…within walking distance actually, but it feels slightly removed from the hustle and bustle. I stayed in a large spacious one bedroom apartment which while perhaps dated a bit, was comfortable and clean. I particularly enjoyed not dealing with the crowds and activity of a larger hotel with the many tourists and business people. The relative solitude was welcome. The breakfast was plentiful and appropriate with local foods as part of the choices, and the staff were most helpful in every way and extremely courteous. I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: I stayed on a high floor and the internet was sometimes spotty but when I spoke to the front desk they always fixed the problem.
2  Thank KerryBMoody