“Know what you're getting into and you'll be fine here”

Makati Palace Hotel
Ranked #71 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 30 December 2011

What they say is true. The Makati Palace is alright. If you know what you're getting into it's not a bad deal. The breakfast buffet is pretty good but if you order breakfast from the regular menu at other times it isn't great. The room I had was clean and I felt safe in the hotel. The location in relation to things to do in the city is pretty good. However the street immediately outside the hotel is an eye opening experience for children and those who think that everything is rosie in the real world. There is plenty of prostitution evident and other unsavory behavior as well. In the daytime it isn't a hassle but after 6:00 p.m. it is bothersome and potentially dangerous. Mind you, this isn't the hotel itself, just the neighborhood. Knowing that you should be o.k. I've stayed in worse hotels. It isn't the Shangri-La but the price isn't bad either.
Don't change money at the hotel because the rate per US dollar was about 6 pesos less than we found it a small city block away. And the taxi service at the hotel is overpriced as well however the drivers are friendly. Use them for good, safe service but not for a bargain. They wanted 600 pesos to go to the airport and we got a cab on the street in front to take us there for 300 pesos and it was just fine.

Room Tip: I booked through Agoda and they had several rooms listed to choose from.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve T

Reviewed 20 December 2011

Right in the heart of Makati's entertainment district Makati Palace would have been very impressive 20 odd years ago but is starting to feel a little dated....however they more than make up for the hotels shortfalls with very friendly and helpful staff, big rooms and very convenient location for entertainment.

A few negatives;
The showers water pressure was poor at best and the sound from the nightclubs below was a little loud at times. This was particulary bad one night during karaoke night when one of the patrons who thought they could sing would not leave the mic alone despite the desperate pleas of the rest of Makati.
Also having to pay for the internet is a little annoying and no safe is a little 1980's. These days I believe it both should be included as almost everyone has a use for both.

Apart from this though I had a pretty enjoyable stay and the cheap price is very attractive. I would come back despite the shortfalls as i believe you get for what you pay for.

Room Tip: I was here for work at Aegis and the taxi ride is around 76 pesos one way and all the cab drivers kn...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We had a big function at Makati Palace Hotel and despite so many perks made(some of which we did not even ask for) , delivery of services was disappointing.
The bathrooms were dark and after the first 20 users, filthy. I kept asking the banquet people to ask someone to maintain the toilets but no one bothered. Service was so slow for our special guests, considering their food was plated, to spare them the buffet queueing.
Replenishment took such a long time,our guests just lost interest. Maybe because some waiters were eating our buffet food in the pantry room. Free flowing coffee , a perk, never made it to the buffet area. Guests who ordered coffee were instead charged. Embarassing!There were so many waiters but they all looked lost or just did not care.
Maybe this hotel is a perfect hideaway but re-consider when thinking big functions.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I booked on-line mid-disaster in another hotel, where I forfeited 3 pre-paid nights in to come to Makati Palace. So I wasn't in the mood for problems. From the moment I arrived everything was great. Great staff, great location, great hotel for the money.

The restaurant was good to.....good food, good service. I cant imagine what more you could want for about $75 Aussie dollars a night? I have already booked my next business trip in January to stay at M.P. I want the same room....same experience all over again!

The only neg was no free wi-fi but hey....it is a bargain hotel so I didn't mind paying, just a little hassle arranging it.

All in all, I loved t!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SmithersinAU
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Very nice hotel, good, clean rooms, outstanding breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Naidah Y
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Hotel was full on my first night so I was given a room that smelled like an ashtray.
I requested to be transferred and the front desk staff moved me to a non-smoking room the next day. The non-smoking room was very spacious and I also liked the bathtub. As of the moment, they do not provide free wi or internet .

Room Tip: request for a non-smoking room as early as possible.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank VagabondinManila
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Was just good enough for the price.
We stayed only 2 nights and it was just ok
I would not recommand it with the family as the hotel is in the middle of the red light district and surronded with lots of gogo bars !

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family