“Give me steak!”

Ranked #15 of 1,533 Restaurants in Makati
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Makati Shangri-La, Manila, the premier destination for luxurious accommodation and world-class cuisine, presents Sage Bespoke Grill, a restaurant with a new dining concept that showcases premium superior steaks, seafood and bestselling comfort food in a relaxed setting amid the bustle of the city. Sage Bespoke Grill is set to redefine casual dining with traditional grilled meat and seafood specialties that can be tailored to one’s unique preferences. Cooked in a Josper Grill, which combines a grill and an oven in a single machine, your chosen dish can be grilled to perfection at Sage Bespoke Grill without the risk of overcooking, preserving its juiciness and texture to make it gastronomically balanced for the palate.
Reviewed February 26, 2016 via mobile

I ate at this restaurant twice. First time, I had tenderloin with 2 sides - corn on the cob and grilled asparagus. That was one of the best steaks I have eaten for a very long time. Chargrilled, nicely crisped at edges, well marbled and just the right juicy texture when you bite into it. Seriously good steak. For dessert I chose their signature banana sticky toffee pudding - with pecans and salted caramel ice cream. I was so full after.
On a separate day, I ate lobster bisque. There is a mini skewer with a chunk of lobster meat resting on the bowl of lobster bisque when it's served so you get a taste of lobster before you get to the soup.
If I visit Manila again, I'm definitely heading to this restaurant for the tenderloin.

Reviewed February 14, 2016

Since the Sage Bar, one floor lower is a bar mainly, you should not mix up with the restaurant one floor higher of same name. (We had a reservation for this excellent restaurant, but first dropped into the bar... Never mind! It is also good!)
Our five course dinner was great and we enjoyed it very much. Service was - like usually in Shangdi-La - Extremely good.

Reviewed February 13, 2016

Nice place with good quality ingredients cooked well. Good wine selection and nice dining area, Prices are high but as the quality matched you get what you pay for so a fair deal. Recommended for dates or special occasions. Will return.

Reviewed February 3, 2016

Pricey but good quality meat, well cooked and well presented. Modern steak restaurant within the Shangri-La hotel so it wasn't cheap, but neither is La Cabrera restaurant across the square - the fact is that that it is a restaurant aimed at wealthy locals, tourists or business guests. The wine list is extensive with offerings to suit all tastes and budget. Overall a very enjoyable experience. Worth a visit - I would return

Reviewed February 3, 2016

After a long day with meetings I have enjoyed a relaxed 'After Business Dinner' with a partner. Nice location with perfect service and very good cuisine incl. wine card.
We enjoyed a very nice evening in relaxed atmosphere. All in all a very good experience which we will definitely book again during our next stopover in Manila.