“Decent stay at a good price”

Lancaster Hotel Manila
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Mandaluyong
Boulder, Colorado
“Decent stay at a good price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

Overall we had a nice stay at the Lancaster, we stayed here two nights at both ends of our trip to Negros. The hotel is clean and the rooms are in good shape as well. Service was nice and always with a smile. On our second night, we tried the restaurant downstairs after getting in late and not wanting to venture out. Food was good and the service was excellent, I had the pesto seafood pasta which was fantastic.

The breakfast that was included was average, nothing spectacular but it does have a great view of the city since it is near the top of the hotel.

We booked our hotel through Kayak for a good rate, but after our first night I inquired about the second night and of course was quoted a much higher price. We later booked again through the internet and received a good deal. The quoted price from the front desk was $120 USD, which I don't feel is a good value. If you can book for under $80 USD, I think it is worth it.

Cab fare from Aquino Airport was around 250-400 PHP, so quite cheap. The metered taxis are a good deal if you don't mind a little adventure. Depending on traffic/time of day expect anywhere from 20-45 minutes.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nlasure

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Palawan Island, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

I stayed here for business for a short period of time. i was impressed with how the rooms were shown in their website, got quite disappointed when i got there. The room was quite complete, with kitchen, bathroom, 1 bedroom. The overall design and flow of the room needs major improvement.

The staff aren't impressive either - upon arrival up to departure, i don't recall any memorable experience. (sad) -

On the other hand, the location is very strategic to malls, business offices and major transportation.

Yes, i will return to this hotel but will sure have to check on other places first.

Room Tip: You can rent their van to bring you to nearby places or even the airport for quite an affordable rat...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Iloilo City, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

I checked in around 8pm. I just finished a business meeting and had to fly back home the next day. I stayed with them in Mactan last year and since that was an ok experience. I decided to stay with them again this time in Shaw Blvd. My room was 1209 and I had a great view. I availed of a promo so I payed lower than what I did in Cebu. Upon entering the room I decide to take a shower. I immediately noticed that one of the towel had faint stains on it. Since I always bring a towel [a medium sized one] I decided not to use the one they provided. Instead, I placed it on the floor to dry my feet. It never occured to me to have it replaced. I don't want to bother the staff, that was no biggie, I wanted to rest. I then woked up exactly at 6am when they're already serving breakfast. They serve their buffet breakfast at this floor called M1. The staffe were noisy - they were playing love song tunes which was weird. Cebu was better than this. After the meal, I got back to my room, took a shower then checked out. The female receptionist told me that I have to pay for the stained towel! I told her why? "because that's the policy Sir". I told her "did it ever occurred to you that it was stained when they placed it there?" She just said, "we don't do that sir, we make sure we have fresh and clean towels". I told her to bring the towel and we'll inspect it. It was brought down and it was clear that it was an old stain. I then asked two of her colleagues to weigh in. They just looked at eachother and said nothing. It was obviously an old stain that was washed several times. I had to tell them to use their common sense - I was very upset because they were clearly not using good judgement. I told the staff to keep the towel, I'll pay that goddam 500 pesos and promised that I'll never use their hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
13 Thank josefidel

Travellers are raving about these Mandaluyong hotels

Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

I needed to be near the Asian Development Bank for a week long conference and saw this hotel on the net which was cheapish, nearby and had a gym....wrong wrong wrong.
when i arrived, "oh sorry sir our gym is being renovated you can use the gym at the shopping centre nearby" what time does it open "10am sir and it closes at 8pm'. Impossible times for a business traveller.
The room was ok but the floor was sticking and the cleaners didnt manage to get it clean over the week i was there. Not going ask why...
The worst part of this stay was the food. breakfast was simply disgusting. The bread disintegrated in your hand and the condiments were curdled. A overheard a french guest asking a staff member how he expected to eat this @@@@. She was totally correct.
The location looks good on the net but it is a disaster. You have to walk through foot deep potholes to get the the shopping centre nearby and the traffic is a nightmare. It is also through a major bus interchange and it isnt safe.
Pay the extra money and stay on the other side of EDSA.
Equal worst place I have ever stayed...HOPELESS.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank StevePeters64
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Pros
Clean room and bedding
Internet in room, but only a LAN cable (wifi in lobby)
Pool on roof, but not that nice
Decent restaurant

Cons
Kind of in the middle of nowhere
Staff was a little slow and unhelpful

Summary
Average hotel. Clean enough.

I'd recommend this property to friends who need a place to stay in Manila for 1-2 days max on the cheap, but you can probably find something similar closer to where you need to be.

Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank rickeddy
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Very nice Hotel, front desk to the rooms, clean helpful and the rooms were very up to date. However the dining is nothing to brag about, very small eating area and the food, so, so. Breakfast buffet was very weak, but the hotel is within walking distence of large shopping malls and many very nice rest. I would go back.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank 541
Surrey, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

negotiate your rate by asking for company preferred rate, just give them any company name in your home country or your own if you have one. your rate will be almost cut in half. breakfast buffet is included and is very good. polite staff and safe place to stay

Room Tip: ask for company rate if you don't have one make one up
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank fastphil53
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandaluyong
1.4 km away
1.4 km away
The Exchange Regency Residence Hotel
1.0 km away
Richmonde Hotel Ortigas

Been to Lancaster Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!