“Tea and Macarons”
Review of Twg Tea Room

Twg Tea Room
Ranked #9 of 26 Coffee & Tea in Mandaluyong
Reviewed November 8, 2017

Highly recommended for afternoon tea. Staff are very knowledgeable and can make recommendations. A nice place to sit when there’s a mini concert/event in the East Wing.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed November 8, 2016

We went here for Monday lunch. The place is well appointed with spacious tables. Tables all have full table linen and quality cutlery. Service was courteous and friendly. My wife and I both has the eggs benedict with smoked salmon which was well presented and delicious, served with a lovely salad and dressing. I had a Ceylon FBOP tea and my wife a China green tea. Served in lovely teapots with wide shallow cups both excellent. Unfortunately, the music being piped throughout the restaurant (an eclectic mix ranging from Count Basie through to someone warbling opera) whilst in itself not too intrusive, was countered by kitchen staff who preferred a radio playing pop music. As the kitchen is not sound sealed from the dining area the clash was chaotic making it both irritating and difficult to converse. Worse was someone then doing on and off maintenance with a power drill. The desserts looked appealing, but we went elsewhere for dessert in order to get away from the noise. Lovely place, lovely food, needs more careful management. US$28.

Date of visit: November 2016
2  Thank Bolivarsmoker
Reviewed November 5, 2015

Maybe my pallette is not upscale enough for this restaurant. The food was average at best, but if you take the price into consideration, it feels like something below average. I can say if it wasn't for my decision to order dessert, I would completely regret stepping into TWG. For lunch, I had the Chicken Roulade, and my wife ordered the Seared Matcha Salmon. Her entree was much better than mine. We also opted to share a Signature Salad, because we were both famished. I guess it was silly for us to expect the salad to arrive before our meal, no such luck. So we are at this table for two, and everything arrives at once, but there isn't room for it all. The waiter then began trying to arrange items to fit, when there was clearly not enough room. If it wasn't so annoying it would have been comical. Next as we ate our meal we had no less than two waiters watching our every bite. A tad uncomfortable to say the least. The only saving grace for this restaurant experience was the Normandy Apple Tart and the ice cream that accompanied it. If I'm honest, it was amazing! In contrast, my wife did not enjoy the rock-hard Strawberry Tart. I would say I will never enter TWG again, but if I am ever craving dessert, I'm afraid I would.

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank armanigarcia
Reviewed October 3, 2015 via mobile

Had dinner with the family so we ordered from the main courses and all day dining selection. I enjoyed the ambiance while dining in this place. Food were also good. I really liked their Eggs Benedict! Service could have been better. For a place that looks really fancy and elegant, I expected to have been given better service. But do pay a visit still, I'd love to go back and try their tea sets!

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank dariantoni
Reviewed January 30, 2015

Its my 2nd time at twg and what I love about twg is they do not judge you. The service is great! The first time I went to twg, I had heard about the place from friends. I wanted to try it but I wasnt dressed well that day as I had come from the warehouse so I looked dishevelled and out of sorts but the staff were kind to me the minute I stepped in the restaurant. They guided me through all the teas as I had no idea what to order and helped me choose delicious macarons, we ordered sakura sakura on our first trip. The taste was a bit strong for me. The macarons were really delicious especially the napoleon which is their bestseller. On my 2nd trip, I ordered green tea fujian and secret of wuyi. Both were pleasant and light. The green tea fujian can be refilled with hot water so good for long stays. The secret of wuyi was very smooth and aromatic which I liked.mwill go back again to try other teas.

Date of visit: January 2015