“Brought back memories of France”

D&B Duck and Buvette
Ranked #47 of 536 Restaurants in Mandaluyong
Cuisines: French
Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

My family had lunch in this restaurant at Shangrila Mall and it was a good decision to dine here. The food we ordered were excellent and brought back memories of my trip to France. The duck confit was excellent. The salad and the beef was mouth watering. The dishes were all flavorful. The vanilla ice cream in the cart was delish. I will go back again to satisfy my cravings.

Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

Just had coffee and dessert. Coffee took 15 minutes and dessert creme bru tart took forever. They didn't cook it coz it's a cold dessert with ice cream. So what more for the mains. Service is poor.

Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I had lunch at D&B yesterday.

We ordered the following:

Drinks
House Lemon Iced Tea - one of the best iced tea I've tasted
You should order this. It's really house blended and not just the instant iced tea mix

Starter
Crispy Potato Pave & Salted Duck Egg - cubes of fried potato layers topped with salty duck egg and creme fraiche

I got interested with this starter as I am into the salted egg craze these days plus it was recommended by the waiter.

The verdict is it's just so-so. You can skip this and order another starter. I can hardly taste the salty duck egg. It's overpowered with the creme fraiche

Mains
8 Hour Angus Briskets - slow roasted melt in your mouth black angus beef served with roast garlic potato mash and roasted mushroom sauce

This is delicious! Must-try

Confit of Pork Belly with Egg & Rice - crisped belly, confit in duck fat, poached duck egg, raspberry & balsamic reduction, garlic rice

This is also good. But between the two, I'll order the brisket again.

Dessert
Earl's Cheesecake - homemade cheesecake made with fresh madagascar vanilla beans, earl grey tea

This is absolutely a must-try!
Texture is excellent aside from the taste
For those who love earl grey tea, you shouldn't miss this.

1  Thank MsConGenieality
Reviewed June 6, 2016

Great French cuisine at affordable prices! Duck and Buvette will certainly not disappoint anyone especially with their Duck Confit and Beef Burgundy!

Reviewed May 25, 2016

Met up with some friends for lunch in D&B. It was my first time to eat there so I let my friends order. For 4 people, we ordered Truffle Roasted Cauliflower, Maple Candied Bacon and Lemon, Cafe Provencal sourdough pizza, D&B Crispy Half Duck Confit, and Slow Braised Beef Burgundy. Servings are for sharing. All the dishes were good, but the duck was the best. Waiters are quite knowledgeable with their menu. Desserts and coffee were also of excellent quality. We had the French ice cream sandwich and the Creme Bru-tart. Would love to go back for the food.