2,298 results
All reviews west wing the executive lounge cru steakhouse new wing resorts world grand ballroom close to the airport glass wall breakfast buffet room attendant newport mall mango five star hotel free shuttle international airport naia terminal long flight
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Only had a short overnight stay, but very pleased overall.
Friendly and informative staff. Well spoken and polite.
Close to airport with free shuttle bus to and from all terminals. However only on an hourly basis.
Next to the casino and high end shopping mall.
Nice large room with all expected amentites. Bit expensive, but you do get what you pay for.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank rontMelbourneAU
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night and got on early domestic flight the next morning. Disappointed with the published free airport shuttle. Only comes "on the hour" which we "missed" when we arrived and also early the next morning even though we rushed to be in the lobby at 5 min before 6am! I was then told you have to in the lobby 15 min before the hr. It was hot and stressful dealing with the taxis when we therefore first arrived. The hotel itself is contemporary and the rooms especially bathrooms looked new with modern amenities. The staff was helpful (except for the shuttle of course). Since we left early am, we did not eat their breakfast or check out the rest of the hotel. It is expensive and may have been more worthwhile if we had the time to enjoy their facilities. Location was very close to the airport. Taxi should be less than 100 pesos but we had taxi drivers asking upto 1200 pesos.

Date of stay: June 2012
1  Thank Sticksnstone
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Nice room... great location, adjacent to a high end mall and modern casino in manila...
close to Makati depending on traffic..
close to the airport depending on traffic...
Very secure place... security and dog sniffers prior to entering the hotel vicinity/entrance..
Very nice modern spacious gym...
Stayed overnight...
Its a 5 star hotel in Manila.. it doesnt feel like a 5 star hotel though... maybe 4 or 4.5....

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JSanico
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed here when we first arrived in Manila. They had a free shuttle service going to and from the airport. The shuttle bus was waiting for us, I'm not sure if it was perfect timing coz in their website said that they only loop around every 40 minutes. Anyway, it worked well for us.

They scanned everything before you get in the hotel. I don't understand the extra security but I was okay with it. It's false security IMO. Check in was long. VERY. VERY. LONG. We upgraded to their executive for P1200 per person and had access to the lounge and a choice of free breakfast at the lounge or the huge breakfast buffet on the main floor.

The main buffet had Filipino, American, Japanese, Chinese food. They also had a huge selection of pastries, omelette station where they would make your egg (any style) for you and one of the servers would bring it to your table. There was a couple of servers offering drinks and hors d'oeuvres. Great selection of salad and they even had fresh honey right out of a honey comb!

Anyway, they offered light dinner and all day drinks and they closed at midnight at the lounge. They also had two computers at the lounge which was handy coz WIFI was TERRIBLE in the room AND the lounge. The best signal was at the lobby.

They also had a concierge at the lounge which was helpful especially when I was looking for third party laundry service. They, of course, said that they weren't liable if the clothes were damaged but the laundry service did a great job with our laundry. We had 20lbs of laundry for around $10 because it was a rush job. It should have only been $5 and including pick up and drop off service. I think they charged P25 per kilo. I'll see if I can find the receipt which has the same of the laundry service but the concierge can call on your behalf. But again, this is outside Marriott and you use their laundry service at your own risk.

The room was very nice with a bathrobe and two disposable slippers, LCD tv with American, British, Australian, Japanese and I think Chinese channels. They had the best sheets I've had in a hotel, not sure how many thread count it was but it was thick and smooth. I wonder if they sell it at their online store.

The bathroom was large and minimalistic. They had toothbrushes, toothpaste, bath salts, lotion, soap, shampoo etc. but they didn't conditioner which was strange. Good thing I brought my conditioner. The bathtub and in the shower was a nice touch but it wasn't functional. The first night we were there the floor drain was clogged and the unknown something underneath the tub was floating around in 1" water, it was gross. I was worried the water will overflow to the other area of the bathroom that I jumped in the tub and rinsed off in the tub instead. If I had known, I would have worn my flip-flops! We told housekeeping about it and they fixed it right away but still, it was gross and I didn't know what was underneath the tub or surroundings and I had my bare feet in that water, disgusting!

Their pool and lounge area was nice but the pool was not heated but it was nice to jump in the pool on a hot and humid day.

As for the location, there was definitely better located hotels in Manila. We also stayed in Crown Plaza in Ortigas (see my other review) which had a better location but if you want to be close to the airport this is the place for you and you don't mind paying more for international standard accommodations. Also, the hotel was connected to the casino and many restaurants and high end stores. I felt like I was in Vegas walking along those high end shops.

There was a Shakeys Pizza and Kenny Rogers across the street if you want to grab something to eat but taxi's were cheap, I think we paid around P110 to go to Mall of Asia.

Update: we stayed here another night and had perfect Wifi on the 8th floor and the bathroom configuration was better than the last time and they covered the floor and bathtub with tiles so the water doesn't seep underneath the tub so it was much cleaner. They had hair conditioner as well.

I would have given this hotel a 3.5* but can't justify giving it 4*'s with all its issues.

Tip: If you have time, check out Fort Bonifacio High Street, they have great restaurants and outdoor shopping. We were there at night and it was truly magical! There was also Green Hills if you want to knock off items and you enjoy haggling.

Suggested items to bring/buy:

-travel Kleenex (double as toilet paper and facial tissue). Often times there were no toilet paper in the bathroom.
-travel sized hand sanitizer
-travel sized febreeze
-travel size liquid soap. As mentioned above, sometimes there were no soap in the bathroom.
-travel size shampoo and conditioner

You can buy most of the above items anywhere in the Philipinnes and they are extremely inexpensive.

Date of stay: February 2012
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Anoini2
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Marriott Manila for a business conference. We travel to Manila frequently and have watched this hotel being built and initially would not have chosen it because it is not in the middle of the city and shopping. However, after staying here, the little drive to Makati and other places is worth the service and everything the hotel has to offer. There are shops and restaurants open in the Newport complex next door and for the gamblers, this hotel is great because the casino is next door as well. The rooms are well appointed and very comfortable, but the best part of the hotel is the excellent service fom the staff. The staff were always friendly and helpful. Another bonus here is that it is extremely close to the airport and therefore has an airport shuttle that runs on the hour 24 hours. Although we try to stay primarily in Marriott properties when this hotel was first built we did not want to stay here because of the location. Now, after staying here this first time, we will try to book this hotel whenever we are in town even though we would have to drive to the main shopping and eating areas. Our stay here was that great. Another bonus is that the cafe in the hotel has an amazing array of food for breakfast and lunch. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with this fabulous hotel.

Date of stay: June 2012