“Delectable cuisines! Great Service! ”
Review of Lugang Cafe

Lugang Cafe
Ranked #106 of 635 Restaurants in Pasay
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2016 via mobile

Great ambiance, yummylicious & healthy food & fantastic service! The MOA Branch was high caliber in terms of customer service - they are equally footed like a 5 stars hotel service. Attentive staffs & very personalized from the time you walk-in and be seated to your table, upon ordering and down to refilling your drinks. My Mom & Siblings are happy & satisfied eaters. Good job MOA Branch!

Date of visit: March 2016
Write a reviewReviews (70)

Reviewed March 5, 2016 via mobile

My husband I and love trying places in Manila. After reading an online blog that Lugang Cafe is one of the best Taiwanese restaurant in Manila my husband and I finally tried this place out at the MOA location. If I could give this place 0 zero star for service I would. Given that there was a 15% Service Charge tagged on your bill and the rest of Manila doesn't charge a service charge I had expected better service.

The place was 3/4 full when we were seat, it took 20 minutes before our waiter came to take our order, and 30 min wait for food. There were 4 other tables that came in after us that received some of their first dishes before ours. We ordered 4 dishes but had 2 of the dishes packed for take out as the food was mediocre at best. After waiting 15 min for the waiter to pack our food they never came back. The restaurant already half empty at this point there should have been no excuse for the poor service. We complained to the manager who was inexperienced in handling the situation and didn't know how to respond. It took another 10 mins before they could locate our missing taking out.

There are many other restaurants that has better food and service than Lugang Cafe. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed February 23, 2016

My place of work is a mere 5 minutes walk from Lugang and so my wife and I have been frequenting this restaurant for about one year now up to three times per week. Service has always been poor and complacent but the food is what we have kept on coming back for. Today, they over extended every bit of goodwill we could possibly come up with and hence we will never return.
Our order consisted of only three dishes; fried rice, vegetable and sweet and sour fish. The server advised us of the cooking time of 30 minutes. After 45 minutes all we had was our vegetable and as usual the staff could care less. When we asked about our order, they sent a trainee to tell us that we should be aware of the cooking time!!!
After almost one hour, the rice arrives and we are told that it is not what we ordered but if we are willing to wait, they will change the order, are you serious!?!? My lunch time was over by now. I tried to address the Manager who equally could hardly be bothered beyond the usual: “I’ll check..”
In the end and with lunch break in overtime already, we had lost our appetite and decided to leave without having eaten. The Manageress, decided to still present us the bill (less a 20% discount). I advised here that we came for lunch and not for a discount and that I would not pay for dishes I did not consume.
What a shame, hopefully this place will not be another case of “killed by it’s own success!” They are too busy to care about their guest because there are more of them lining up outside.
Good luck for future good business but definitely without me. I have no intention to return and fortunately there are so many other food options in the vicinity.

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank Travel542
Reviewed February 10, 2016 via mobile

Had dinner by coincidence here in the MOA. Best dumplings ever, good and pretty fast service, all at a reasonable price. they said it would take 20 minutes to get the food, it took less, though the place was packed. Taiwanese dumplings, try m, different from the Chinese ones.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed February 4, 2016

We had the thai style clams, fried dumplings, and peanut noodles and were blown away. Such a good Asian fusion restaurant at a mall!!

Date of visit: January 2016