“Sneaky Management.”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2020

Food was OK, But the management is 'sneaky' to cut a long story short they gave us a discount on something but added the discount to another dish that we ordered. There was a number of us and we only realized when we got home to check our bill.

Date of visit: April 2019
2  Thank FloroR10
Write a reviewReviews (70)

Reviewed February 26, 2020 via mobile

I’ve passed by this restaurant several times before and I thought it was a filipino cuisine restaurant. Then my brother said it’s a good Taiwanese restaurant!
First impression, the hostess was really friendly and accommodating. Restaurant is clean and well staffed (as in a lot of servers)
The servers assigned to me were James and Jayson! They were friendly, helpful with the menu and so attentive! Great job!!! (Thank goodness I got excellent service this time!)
I ordered a Xian Long Bao, a beef dish, 2 pork dishes and 2 cups of rice. All of the dishes were excellent! It’s almost comparable to that other Chinese restaurant inside the Maison in Conrad Hotel, except this one is more “casual” and less pretentious (especially the staff) but I actually like Lugang Cafe a lot more!
Would I return here? I most absolutely would!

Date of visit: February 2020
2  Thank riav324
Reviewed November 25, 2019

We were only in Manila for a few hours during a layover. We randomly selected this restaurant and boy did we hit the jackpot! The drinks are delicious. I had the red grape shake and the mango, cranberry drink with aloe (I forgot the name). I highly recommend the pork fried rice along with any main course you choose. If you do not eat pork, they have a rice with fried fish instead. Whatever you select, I think you will be happy.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank 5HWT
Reviewed September 24, 2019

Very disappointing and Not Recommended. Although there were plenty of employees on hand the service was nothing short of atrocious. My girlfriend’s entree came first in a pot that should have had a flame under it, we didn’t notice it wasn’t lit and after realizing my meal wasn’t coming we decided to split hers until mine arrived. It was ice cold, the meat hadn’t ever been warmed so we sent it back, sometime later my meal arrived and we shared it while waiting for hers. Seven employees walked by our table and checked our ticket all making pen scratches and inhales on it without one person asking if we needed anything. The food was marginal with all portions coming at different times, service was horrid. With all the fantastic choices in the mall I’m not sure how Lugang Cafe stays alive but I’m sure it’s not on repeat business. The Environment was very loud making it uncomfortable to talk at a normal volume. Our most expensive meal in three week and most disappointing.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed May 15, 2019

We were on our way to our hotel when we decided to have late lunch at Lugang. Lester, our server was very friendly. Food was delicious, liked the atmosphere and ambiance.

Date of visit: May 2019