“Excellent service!”
Review of Hotel Jen Manila

Hotel Jen Manila
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stayed here over Eastern. We used their pick-up service from NAIA airport, we had some difficulties finding their car service (its is to the right after you exit the airport) but once we found them we where given cold bottled water and helped in to the air-conditioned new car. The driver was in radio-contact with the hotel during the drive to the hotel and drove very nice, just excellent service. Trader's hotel is using Avis for transport service.
At the hotel we where helped with our luggage and escorted to the reception on 19th floor since we had booked a traders club suite.
The room is the best one we ever had in Philippines, beating for example rooms at Sheraton Hotel in Stockholm or SAS-Radisson in Nice.
The staff was really eager to help us with everything we requested, from extra fruits to getting us sim-cards for our mobiles.
We used the car service daily, always new fresh cars with excellent drivers.
Definitely a hotel we will return to in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kjell G

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stayed at here during a week long business trip to Manila. First and foremost the staff are generally excellent here, the rooms are modern and comfortable and the food is good. On check in I was allocated a twin room on the 12th floor with view of Manila bay. The room was good - comfortable bed, complimentary internet, excellent shower. The only downside was my noisy neighbours - I was separated from the next room by a door which offered little in the way of sound insulation. The hotel seem to be popular with Japanese tours and visitors and a real benefit of this is the excellent Japanaese restaurant. Having tried it once I had dinner here 3 nights. Renet the sushi master prodiced some excellent tuna and sea urchin (Uni) sushi. Highly recommended. The main restaurant also had a very good breakfast buffet where James and the team couldn't do enough to help. I booked the hotel transport to the airport - which again was excellent, and cost 750 PhP which I though was reasonable. There are a couple of downsides (1) the leisure facilities can definitely be improved - the fitness centre has limited equipment and the pool seems to have only 1 or 2 sun beds - and most people have to make do with the cushions provided - which are a poor substitute (2) The surrounding area has a lot of people living in the street and is poorly lit at night - better to use taxis. Next time I visit Manila I will stay at the Traders Hotel again - the Japanese restaurant is too tempting to miss

Room Tip: Facing Manila Bay from the higher floors are good; avoid adjoining rooms where possible as the sound...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JohnandBettyBangkok
Reviewed 27 April 2012

After a slightly extensive research for a sleep-over for a next day domestic flight, I opted for comfort/"safe bet" over cost. Happy I did from what I read on alternatives. Airport vicinity hotels are rough to operate and Traders did well, if not mind blowing. Evening shift receptionist (forgot his name (welcome me on April 10th) welcomed friendly, efficiently and unobtrusively, acted smoothly pro. Room on 27th floor had a kitchenette and a spectacular river & city view with balcony. Except for the one flawless receptionist, rest of Staff most very nice though a bit average (chatting, a tiny bit too slow, even a touch over-familiar a few times (and I stayed only one night). Room was 'corporate' design, i.e. well thought, comfy bedding and great bathroom & amenities. Bar food average though cocktails very good. Seems to be the safe, comfy option for a long stop-over in Manila unless you wish to hit downtown, which I did not. I will certainly return next passing by Manila. Even if I was charged $18,00 for a 4-5 minutes (I think) for a regional domestic phone call. And charging for wifi access, these days.......? Not cool! Safe bet though.

Room Tip: High river view floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Very impressed with Traders Hotel. We originally had a 1 night stay booked here followed by 2 nights a few days later. We were annoyed to arrive at the hotel to be told there had been a mix-up with our booking and they were having to move us to another hotel along the road. But as an apology they offered us a suite on our return visit. And what a suite! It was huge with 2 large rooms, a dressing room and 2 bathrooms. Bigger than our own apartment! And the service was exceptional. We were escorted to our room for a private check-in by the manager and from then on the service was exceptional from all the staff, especially at reception. We thoroughly enjoyed our staff and were reluctant to step out the door. We are Golden Circle member and regularly stay at Shangri-La and Traders and we were not disappointed. The location is good, close to the Bay and Mall of Asia and just a short trip to the international airport. Also Intramuros and Fort Santiago are fairly close. Breakfast was good but could be improved. Security is excellent. Will most definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed here in last December with my wife and son . Had never been to the Philippines before and I know how good Traders are so decided to stay here. The hotel itself is perfect. Buffet breakfast excellent and some of the staff truly exemplary in their service levels ( james in the restaurant). Looked after my son as if he is was royalty. Room was large , bathroom amenities par for the course with Traders ( excellent ). Overall the hotel was excellent. However as oer the title of this I do have a probllem with its location. Literally within a 2 minutes walk from the hotel we were beseieged by aggressive street children. I am ok with this as is my wife but they were targeting my 10 year old son as well which is not on. On one of the nights we stayed sounded as if there was a gun battle taking place outside. The hotel is great , the serice is excellent but idf travelling with young children please do be aware of the location and the street kids

Room Tip: Higher the better and aim for one of the hotels facing unto the street. If you can get a balcony eve...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank prw1970
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Can't fault this hotel. They have the most incredible customer service. We booked a Club Floor which we consider great value. Also booked a transfer from the airport and were met with cold towels and water. Restaurant buffet was great, rooms were clean and very comfortable. While in the Mall of Asia down the road, an employee from Traders recognised my partner and offered assistance around the mall - now that is customer service! Oustanding! We had high expectations as we have stayed many times at Traders in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and love the place. We certainly weren't dissapointed. Lovely view over the Bay.

Room Tip: Club Floors great value.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NicoleBrisbane
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The airport transfer is perfect. They have a station at the airport very safe and sound!
The security is eye-catching, the staff are very nice, the breakfast is good, the swimming pool is fine but the gym satisfies even the professionals. Late night dinners delivered to my room where fantastic. I tried both asian and european meals: very good!
It's 5 minutes away from MOA (Mall of Asia) and baywalk, Close enough to the airport.
The only negative point is the print costs at the "cafe.net", they charged me 100US$ for printing 55 pages half of which were black & white written papers!!! Also, at nights I could hear the music from a club nearby but just a slight noise.
Generally, what you get at Traders Hotel is worth your payment. So I will definitely go back there but won't take large number of prints at their cafe.

Room Tip: Street side have a very nice view to the sea, MOA, etc.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Aaraam79
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
3.2 km away
Hotel 101 Manila
#13 of 33 in Pasay
1 km away
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

Been to Hotel Jen Manila? Share your experiences!