“Gelato Heaven :)”

Gelatomania
Ranked #13 of 17 Dessert in Davao City
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Buonissimo! Best gelato I ever had, with unique flavors blended by the owner himself. The price is real worth it. Plus, we were lucky to meet and chat with the owner, "Cesar from Roma". Excellent food and service.

1  Thank Joo_an0721

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I have tried several flavors of gelato in this restaurant. Except for one isolated instance when the gelato was a bit grainy, everything was top-notch and authentic. I don't know if they revised the recipes or changed the source of the milk, but the gelato is now a lot better: it seemed more creamy compared to my initial visit. Definitely something to go back to again and again, if I crave for authentic gelato.

There are a lot of reminders that one is in an authentic Italian establishment: my favorite Italian liquors are on display (Amaretto, Limoncello). Next time, I will order a shot of Limoncello to go with a mild flavor such as vanilla ice cream. I miss that pairing, and I am glad I can indulge in such without leaving Davao.

Bravo and congratulations, Signor Cesare! I'm glad your gelateria is in Davao!

7  Thank Michael D
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised to see an authentic gelateria in Davao City. The flavors pay homage to the country, too, with inspiration coming from familiar favorites such as leche flan. The Italian owner is quite innovative in coming up with new varieties to tempt customers: The last time I was there, he came up with Japanese-inspired flavors: Black Sesame Seeds. I partnered this with Zuppa Inglese, very creamy gelato with the flavor of licorice - quite a nice pairing indeed. Tip: even if one orders the smallest serving (Php 70), one can request for two flavors so you know what you'd like to go back for next time.

It's a pleasure to re-visit the place periodically. Other than the gelato flavors, which is quite considerable on its own, one can discover new things: a velvety smooth decadently luxurious chocolate liquor, for instance. I am amazed at how rich the mouth-feel of this very luscious dessert liquor feels like. "Chocolate liquid heaven" is what came to mind. And to top it all off, after the generous serving of gelato, paired with the divine chocolate liquor, I tasted the newest offering: Peach tiramisu, served with a drizzling of Peach liquor.

A visit loaded with pleasant surprises, indeed.

I would like to try the savory line-up next time - the Lobster Pasta sounds very tempting.

An authentic gelateria, with a comprehensive and evolving savory line-up of pasta, pizza and homey Italian stews, all partnered with Italian liquor - and some of which, such as the chocolate liquor, are made by the owner himself. I think I found a new favorite place in Davao!

5  Thank Good_Food_Bounty
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I tried gelato in paris. Rome and turkey. Its almost the same. Its just the milk that is the difference but its great flavors. A bit oricey for davao standards but your paying for quality.

1  Thank Gordonchef
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I passed by Torres St. in Davao City and I found a sweet-tooth haven, the Gelatomania. I like the array of nicely prepared gelatos, colorful, with twists. The one I tried is Marcapone because I like it so whitish and invitingly smooth. It was heavenly! I will surely visit again and bring my laptop. They're also wifi ready.

1  Thank Ms_Roux_Foodie