“Quite Corner in a Busy City”
Review of Sarung Banggi

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sarung Banggi
Ranked #256 of 577 Restaurants in Davao City
Reviewed July 24, 2016

This is a good place for buisiness or an intimate evening. It has what Harana lacks, quite corners without screaming children. The food is good, though the menu meat heavy, i suppose you would expect as much from a Steak House. I enjoyed the Bistek Filipino, one of my favorite dishes.

Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

The place was homey and very cozy, the food that we ordered was average but I was not really impressed. However service was great and overall dining experience was good.

Reviewed May 14, 2016

I visited for lunch with a friend who told me this place is famous for excellent Filipino food, and well-liked by locals. At first, i was excited by the pleasant decor, giving a feeling of quality and warmth. We both ordered steaks. The service was polite, efficient and quick. But sadly when our steaks arrived (two different types) they were tough and neither of us finished the plate. Frankly, the presentation was very unimaginative and I was also disappointed by a lack of what I regard as proper table condiments. The steak was not properly seasoned. Nice place, but frankly I can't see why it should be highly regarded.

Reviewed January 10, 2016

Still the best for fine dining in Davao. It was 20 years ago when I first dined here and it is still the best for their line-up of food, which is more on the upscale set of menu.

1  Thank bravo s
Reviewed December 14, 2015

This is a local place, by which I mean it's unlikely to be stumbled upon by casual visitors though it's located one one of the city's main thoroughfares.

Though the menu features so,e local dishes such as beefsteak Tagalog and gum as as well as kinilaw, its primary offerings are Australian and US steaks, with a variety of toppings. And priced between Php600 and PHP1,800.

It's an attractive, if somewhat gaudy restaurant, with pleasant, unaggresive servicd.