“Location ok ,thats the as good as it gets”
Review of Elegant Circle Inn

Elegant Circle Inn
Ranked #82 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 12 January 2017

Really bad place when I stayed rooms like prison cells , really really noisy, could not believe it when hotel staff started dragging trolleys around at 04,30 am cleaning the empty rooms for arrivals later that morning , plus at the back 6 am out door restaurant started blasting music out while staff cleaned it ,, problem here is the rooms are not insulated from the corridors and when group bookings arrive late at night , you would be better off sleeping on the street ,, hotel staff not helpful at all , worst Hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in some right dives around Asia, Best advice is only stay here if you have too or want to pay for top end room

Room Tip: if you choose cheaper room get it at the bottom end of the corridors , less foot fall passed your do...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 January 2017

We had a quick layover in Cebu coming from the provinces, and we needed a short place to stay. My parents only know about this place because the location is great, as well as the price. It's across the street from Fuente Circle, which happened to have a concert the night we were there. Also in the area are late night restaurants open, such as Chowking, Pizza Hut, and McDonald's.

Check in staff was very friendly and helpful. Fortunately, they had rooms available, even though we didn't make a prior reservation. Since we were checking out before breakfast started, which is included in the price, they offered to pack the food for us so that we can enjoy our meal as we travel.

The bellboy was kind and brought up our baggage to the room.

The room itself was very bad. There were small roaches on the floor and a few bugs found by the restroom. The air conditioning seemed to stop in the middle of the night. The pillows were flat and not very comfortable. The one amenity I did enjoy was the hot water and shower pressure. I had my first good shower in a few days. None of the rooms have windows that look out, instead they are high windows close to the ceiling that are frosted and can open for fresh air. The hallways echo, so it is easy to hear people talking and walking outside when passing the room.

There is also free parking at the back of the hotel, which is very convenient for a very busy area.

This place needs to be remodeled or kept well. Aside from the location and the friendly staff, I don't recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Booked for 3 nights ,,,,choosed a elegant deluxe room big and nice view over the fuente osmena circle ,,near to everything ,Mangosquare and pubs restaurants ...the breakfast isnt worth writing about ,just a simple egg and a toast and a small hotdog ,so we skipped it the last mornings,thw aircon remote had some issues stopped working in the night,are you here for nightlife this can be the one,maybe little overpriced for the biggest room about $75-$80

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

It was nice that my friend and I were accomodated immediately as we arrived without reservations. The lovely front desk were corteous but I was irritated when my common american last name was mispelled. Located at Fuente Osmeña, the circle was full of life. I often stay here for the past 20 years due to its central location. Their food is good but paying too much for the quality and quantity. They have updated their rooms and have reasonable room rates. I enjoy staying here although their wifi is the weakest among other hotels within the area.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

As we reached the hotel for the final booking as we booked online, the FO staff made me upset because she is not that accommodating & the way she talked to us seems sarcastic, maybe it is really her personality & it made me uncomfortable for the rest of our stay, we are already fully paid online so it will be hassle & inconvenient to us if i decide to ask for a refund & transfer to a different hotel, but in fairness to the rest of the staffs, they are all nice & accommodating.
With regards to our room accommodation, it was a simple room but cozy & nice, bathroom is nice & always have hot water & aircondition is working well. Only i can clearly hear the noise from outside like people who are passersby talking or running in the middle of the night, even those walking with high heeled shoes i can hear those very clearly.
WIFI was Very Good for the first 2 days of our stay, we stayed for about 16 days, so the remaining number of days was already a problem with the connection, most of it No Wifi Connection. The FO staffs are making the same excuses everyday when they should find ways how to fix their internet connection.
I don't know exactly how many rooms they have, but when i needed a hairdryer, the housekeeping staff told me,this after 4x of calling them to make a follow up because i waited around 9:15pm until 10:05pm because for the first 3 calls the staff said " OK Mam, will send it to your room" & i waited, & when i made the 4th call the staff said No More available hairdryer because they only have 3 of those & all are already borrowed. On all the hotels that i stayed just in this hotel that don't have this amenity to provide when they should have because it is a necessity mostly for women who used to take a shower in the evening.
Another thing though i was able to speak with the housekeeping supervisor & don't really knew if she took an action on it because one time as early as 5am there was this roomboy who just openned our door through his keys while we were still sleeping & made us got up quicked. He was not able to enter our room because i double locked it, but still it was not proper. There is a doorbell on the side or he can use his fingers to knock first but he did not, he was shouting from outside if the tv is working while he was openning our door. The explaination of the FO staff as i called them right away after the incident was Flimsy, she said the roomboy made a mistake because it was not in our room number, it's on a different room number who called them to fix the tv. My point is if somebody called them from the room to fix the tv then the more that he should knock first because those guests are expecting somebody to come, but why that roomboy did a sudden openning on our door using his duplicate key? I don't know, i hope the management will pay attention, conduct investigation & make really necessary actions because it was not an ordinary incident, we don't really know what are his motives on doing it. He was not successful in doing it to us but possible in some other guests.
For the restaurant, we just need simple breakfast & simple foods, so it was OK. Food in the hotel restaurant is overall good. Another thing is Only i cannot understand Why FO staffs will keep on saying Complementary Breakfast? I don't think it's Complementary Breakfast because for me it is included in my fee under room charge, meaning i still paid for it. I don't think hotels are giving Complementary (FREE) breakfast to guests otherwise they will get lost of their business because breakfast cost much also.
Last thing, Hotel is in good location, very accessible for everything.
Only, Management needs to conduct frequent Good Customer Service Seminars to all employees in the hotel so that they are always reminded on how to take good care, managed, handle, accommodates & pay attention to the guests needs & wants because that is what they work for in the hotel & restaurant industry, GIVE FULL GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE TO YOUR GUESTS THE WHOLE TIME REGARDLESS OF RACE, GENDER & AGE.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

its not my first time stay on this hotel i think its my 5th time still good service very cold room but again damage aircon remote Very looowwww wifi connection, i hve a good sleep a comfortable bed the.front desk dont know.how to charge my debit card i need to pay in cash... grrrr. but its ok still recommended hotel in cebu

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

We've been checking in this hotel many times because of good location but this time it turns out bad. Misleading & different informations by the front desk. Hotel is good for 2petsons only even theit suite rooms. Not good for family accomodation.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family