See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 26, 2015

my whole stay in cebu was very nice! except to this place. Staff is not considerate.
wifi is only in the lobby. the floor is full of cockroaches. the aircon cannot cool the room. the bathroom faucet is dirty. water dispencer is only in the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2014

When I arrived at the hotel from the airport around 12 at midnight, what gave me the chills was the surrounding area of the hotel....it is good value for cebu city , the air con in my room worked well, hot watershower worked , large bed with good sheets , tile floor , good loc

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Aaquib B
Reviewed November 13, 2014

It was really awful. The room's floor was full of bugs, we killed in the first hour dozens of them, then I asked to be changed to another room and they showed me another one, saying that it was probably because that room had been not used for some time (what???). When we opened together with hotel staff the room door, again a bunch of little things run all over the floor to hide...

But what was even worse was, that we also noticed in the hotel that activity unfortunatelly quite common in some cities in Philippines, hold by sonofthebich unscrupulous tourists...

Staff just didn't care anything s and the rest you can imagine.

Worst experience in one month trip around country.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joan18112013
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Well, just like the rest of the people here, I was a bit hesitant at first to stay in this hotel. When I arrived at the hotel from the airport around 3:00 in the morning, what gave me the chills was the surrounding area of the hotel. To people who are used to city living, since the hotel is located downtown near the oldest street in the Philippines, this place may not suit you well.

But since I had this budget traveler in me, I still went on to check in. And to my surprise, it wasn't as I was expecting. They gave me room 1413, a BIG ROOM on the fourth floor (by the way, the hotel has three big floors with i think has at least 20 rooms per floor, just a guess). For P600 per night, I wasn't expecting that big of a room considering it wasn't even a starred hotel, I think. It was also a good thing that they allow you to check in after 4:30AM without additional charges, so I was on my bed at 5:00AM but since I got too excited, I slept about 9AM.. heehee.

The hotel lobby is situated on the second floor of the building. Floors 3, 4 and 5 are where the rooms are located. They have a very small elevator which can carry at most six to seven people. The hallways going to my room are clean as well.

About the room I got, it was about 25 to 28 square meters, with toilet bath and sink (before i arrived I was thinking the shower would be above the toilet, but it wasn't. For P600 per room which is good for two people already, this is a steal. Too bad i was traveling alone so I had to pay the whole amount. And since it was a room good for two, I got two sets of towels, soap, shampoo and tissue paper everyday. Room cleaning is done everyday as well even when you're not around. But you may also request room cleaning done only if you're present.

And another thing I was surprised about is that each room is accessed by key cards. I was expecting an ordinary key but seems like they are also at par with technology when it comes to doors. And since my room was at the back end of the hotel and not fronting the streets, I got a very good sleep every night. Remember the room 1413.. haha. But sadly, wi-fi can't reach my room so I had to go to the lobby just to surf the net. But good thing I bought my on pocket wifi. Sun Broadband Pocket Wifi has a strong signal in my room since I'm on the fourth floor.

As far as location is concerned, there are surrounding malls, though not that extravagant, but will do for people like me. You won't get hungry since KFC, McDonald's and Jollibee are everywhere, aside from the street food stalls if you're into it. Supermarkets, drugstores and 7-11s are also just stones away, just don't travel at night alone carrying any shoulder bags coz that place is known for petty thieves, so i heard.

The hotel is just a ride away to Crown Regency Hotel, SM City Cebu and the Ayala Center. You can just walk to the churches, Magellan's Cross and Fort San Pedro (which I find boring, it took me just 10 minutes to roam around the fort and I went out already).

Going to the other islands would also be easy since the piers are not that far away. For a brisk walker like me, I could probably get there in about 20 to 30 mins, but you can also just take a ride across the hotel for just P8.00, which is generally the amount of a single jeep ride in Cebu.

Room Tip: If you're going to stay in this hotel, don't mind the surroundings. It's the inside that counts most. Choose rooms 1408-1420 so you will have a good sleep and away from the noise on the street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank GNOBGNOB
Reviewed November 30, 2013

cockroachs , smoker's smell , and an area that is absolutely crazy , the city's madness is right at the front door of this hotel ! BUT inspite of all that ; it is good value for cebu city , the air con in my room worked well { too cold } maybe , hot watershower worked , large bed with good sheets , tile floor , good lock on the door , inside room = no dog,rooster or street noise .
good value as the owner spend a great deal of money on these large rooms. large tile bathroom CR . : no refrigerator may be a problem for some people but they do have hot and cold drinking water in the lobby . BUY 3 n 1 coffee , bring a cup .
This is an ok stop over one or two nights , one week max. ( i would think) .
cockroachs are a BIG PROBLEM ! But one can get byegone insect spray from the maid ..
If you do not have the budget for 1000 peso a night room near ayala than this is not a bad option.
FOOD = on sansianko street OUR PLACE REST. has great fried potatoes (home fries)
metro colon super market is close for bread and 3 n 1 coffee etc:
jollibee and mc do in the area; get old quickly . go to ayala mall ;14 D jeepney for better food :

Room Tip: Difficult to find , get their phone number so you can call them for directions.. located between colon and sansianko street on Jones ave ! on right hand side walking toward sansianko street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo