“Absolute value for money and personalized service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Roseate Pensione House

Roseate Pensione House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cebu City
Roseate Pensione House
Ranked #32 of 76 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Davao City, Philippines
“Absolute value for money and personalized service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

I learned about Roseate Inn through a travel forum. We gave it a shot since it was affordable. We arrived earlier than check in time but accomodated us anyway. We also asked the front desk if we can take our breakfast for lunch that day since we are scheduled to leave at 5am the next day. They gladly obliged and we were grateful for the favor. Because we have to travel to Bantayan, we also asked for a favor to leave our heavy stuff so that we can enjoy our trip. They also agreed to take he favor. It was sure a great experience.

Room Tip: rooms are a bit tiny
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank sweetchick03

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
CdO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

Stayed here for a day or two I think but was not happy about it. I wanted a single room but the person I talked to said it's no longer available. When I looked around there weren't that much people. I felt strongly that the person lied just so I could pay more. The room also that I was given has no window which made me feel like I'm in a dungeon. I left and transferred to another affordable pension house in less than 48 hours.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled w/ room availability. Choose the room with windows. If there's none availabl...
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank spidan

Travellers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

Absolutely NOT recommendable. I am traveling with my wife to the Philippines since 1995 and never ever something like this happend. We arrived at 30.01.2011 there. When we stayed in one roon and just wanted to change the room to another one beside, we went out. When we came back to the new room, I found that my camera Canon 450d was stolen. We called the police at Fuente Police Station. As of that we lost 2 days there. 5 guys from the police came by for investigation. All was recorded on CCTV. We left "without" the camera as we could see on CCTV. You can see that the hotel boy transferred all our luggage from one into the other room. After he was finished on the video you can see that he is carrying a white towel over the arm and suddenly and only short you can see something black. Towels are WHITE. I am so pissed off. A major also came by with whom I am in contact. We reported it to the criminal office. What I hated is that the Manager lady put herself of the side of the employee NOT their guests. Horrible. I know I will never ever see one cent of my nice Canon worth more than 500 Euro. I am just warning youo ! Bad reputation for the Philippines.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank zcarm
Manila
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2011

Location is pretty central, near restaurants and main road and attractions. Dirt cheap deluxe rooms as low as Php 1,200, but i'd probably shell out more money to get better accommodations. Room is pretty small, bathroom is small as well. They say they can fit 3 people in a deluxe room--if you're willing to have 90% of the room turned into sleeping quarters. Room has a smell and had to finish off half a perfume bottle to drown it out.

Other guests are at home with the facility so don't be surprised if people in undies or nighties walk around.

Free breakfast is a bit of a joke. Portions are small but hey, it's free!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank AdaTheExplorer
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2010

Placed a reservation days before my stay. I did not get any confirmation through e-mail so I sent them a text message. They replied to me after a few minutes. But when I asked them a follow-up question through SMS, it took them hours before they replied. Outsiders enter and go as they please since the security guard downstairs does not ask any questions, nor the receptionist. I asked her for directions on how to get to Ayala and she said that she did not know. It was a good think another receptionist, a guy, was there and he was able to answer my question. But when I asked them how I could get back, they both answered that they did not know. Which was surprising since they both looked like they're from the city as well.

Upon arrival I was greeted by the most unpleasant person (a lady receptionist) I have met during my trip in Cebu. No greetings, just asked my what I wanted and handed me a piece of paper to write down my info. I told her that I will only be staying for a night and she made this "tsk" sound to show me that she was pissed because she still had to make that effort of erasing my name from their booking record. I guess you get what you pay for. The room boy who showed me to my room was courteous and made sure that my tv was working. He would always greet me in the hallway and would always smile.

The room was a standard single room. It could accommodate up to two. It takes an hour before the room gets cold. My room was near the fire exit which the wifi signal did not reach. I was not able to double check on the bathroom before I headed out so, to my surprise, when I came back, the toilet had tissue inside the bowl and some remnants of poop. Plus, the ledge on the mirror, had a strand of hair that looked like "hair down there". It was really gross! I did not have the time to call up the front desk and complain about it since I needed to use the toilet so badly. I cleaned it up myself. I run hot water over it and flushed several times. It took me 5 minutes so I was sure that it was clean enough, for the meantime. After I took a bath, I called up the front desk and complained about the toilet. The guy who answered said that the room boy might have forgotten to clean the bathroom. I did not even hear an apology. I had to ask him what he was going to do. After 5-10 minutes, a room boy knocked on my door and informed me that he was going to clean my toilet. I felt bad for him since he was not supposed to be cleaning toilets at night. He was also nice.

When I checked-out, it was the same receptionist who was at the front desk. I just told her I was going to check out and she called one of the room boys to check on the room. I also needed to pay for the coffee I ordered and when I did not have any small change to pay for it, she again showed me that she was pissed by asking angrily, to the person she was talking to to on the phone, to get change for my one-hundred peso bill. It was already near lunch time and she did not have even coins or twenty peso bills.

The location is okay since fuente osmena circle is a stone's throw away. There's a convenience store and grill restaurant beside it. It's also easy to get a cab.

I really regretted staying at Roseate, it was a waste of money. There are still other pension houses in Cebu. It would be best to check on the pension house you're interested in before you pay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank nijyusan
Bulacan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2009

I traveled with my family in cebu last nov 23 in cebu. I just made a last minute reservation online in this pension. I didn't expect anything but i was surprise to see location. It's in downtown area near ATM machine, churches, etc. It's really affordable because room rates include free breakfast. I got the Family room with paranomic view.

We didn't have have a chance to eat breakfast because we leave early in the morning for city tour. When the front desk call us to take our order. Our city tour driver called us to inform us that we're ready leave for our whole tour. Coffee is quite pricey but all in all i will recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Treatingwriter
Manila
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2009

I made my reservations as early as July of 2009. This was the only pension house that they include breakfast at a very affordable rate. Please check out their website http://www.roseatepensione.com/ and check out their rates. Sir Pj answered all our inquiries through e-mail and confirmed my reservations at once. Come September I follow up again my reservation made last July, and they said that it was already reserved under my name since July. I really thanked them for their efficiency.
I would suggest you get their panoramic view room because it is quit spacious than other rooms. My family got the Family room which has 1 queensize bed and 1 double bed but it eat up the space of the entire room.
Breakfast is just ok. The only downside is that you have to pay for P10.00 for instant coffee or juice. You can also tell them to not include breakfast in your room rates if you like. They can deduct it immediately. And it is ok with them.
In terms of service, the staff and the management are one of the best to deal with. I can guarantee that. You can negotiate with them easily at your convenience. Hot and cold water are ok. They also provide a tootpaste and shampoo. Good condition and cold running AC. Wifi is at the lobby only. The location is also a plus. Walking distance to Crowne Regency Hotel and Tower. Just don’t expect much of this pension house (rooms, building itself) and I will tell you, you will enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family