Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Paranaque, Philippines
Very enjoyable botique hotel
Review of St. Mark Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 17, 2020
I've stayed in this hotel a couple of times during business trips to Cebu, which I vist very often. The rooms are small(-ish) but very comfortable and "homey". They have complete amenities for the traveller in the rooms (Wi-Fi, good sized refrigerator, TV with a lot of cable channels to choose from) and for the religious, a church right across the street where you can hear mass daily.

The breakfast buffet is "sufficient" and the staff in the hotel are super-helpful.
Date of stay: February 2020
Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony...
Trip type: Travelled on business
    C$46
    C$73
2.6 km from St. Mark Hotel
View more hotels in Cebu City
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2019

We were due to stay here for 3 nights. The first night we had no hot water. We reported this to the hotel, but they could not fix the problem. They said an engineer would be needed the next day to solve the problem. The next day, the "engineer" arrived and said that the problem could not be fixed. They suggested another room, but that too had no hot water. Senior management were not to be found. The reception staff were forced to try and manage the situation whilst management stayed away. Eventually I forced myself into the back office to insist that the managers took responsibility for the situation and not leave the poor front staff to deal with it. The solution offered was to bring buckets of hot water to my room. I did not feel this was acceptable, so I asked for a refund. The hotel front officer manager, Ms Christine Vildozola said it was not the hotel's policy to provide refunds. From our point of view, the situation was untenable, so we left the hotel and moved to one which does have hot water at our own cost.
Other points. The roads around the hotel are dark at night and beggars and homeless people surround the hotel. If you walk anywhere, you will have to pass these unfortunate people each time. It can make one feel quite uneasy and unsafe. We had breakfast one day. These is tailored to Filippino guests so European guests may feel the choice is quite limited.

Room tip: There are no good rooms. Avoid this hotel.
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Maz2009
Reviewed October 22, 2019 via mobile

the place is near within the city and church and school.as well as the supermarket, has an easy access the food taste good and its staff very couteous and accomodating its room is very clean and comfy and its affordable you can bring along your friends and family

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2019 via mobile

The Good:
No check-in issues. Two small water bottles and a working security safe were provided. Good WiFi and good selection of TV channels (with an updated channel guide card). Limited Buffet Breakfast, with fresh pancake and egg service, is included. Location is good for Fuento Circle area.

The Bad:
Damage deposit of Ps1k cash required. TV premote controller required new batteries. Just one tiny soap bar and one small shampoo were the only CR amenities. Lots of lighting, but never enough light. Buffet Breakfast walk-in charge is an astounding Ps455++, so be careful who you invite for breakfast.

The Ugly:
Entrance door bumps into wardrobe door and CR door bumps into towel rack! Who designed the space?

The Tip:
Ask for a room on the 3rd floor perimeter (not odd-numbered rooms with windows looking to interior).

-- end --

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank SaranganiDiver
Reviewed September 13, 2019

I wish I would have booked somewhere else! While the staff are "smiles and act nice" like the previous reviewers have commented - It is all FAKE and not genuine. As soon as you have a problem the smile goes away and they say they will address the problem but they never do.

We were traveling with an infant for his Christening and he needed a bath however there was no hot water. We contacted the front desk and they did NOTHING! After numerous complaints about no hot water from us and observing many other guests actually Yelling at the staff they sent someone up who turned on the shower... waited over 15 minutes with the water running COLD.. then said.... there's no hot water! He then said he would go look at something but never came back and we NEVER got hot water.

When we asked to speak to management they had us wait but the management never came out to speak with us. Either the manager does not care about their guests including infants and their moms. or they do not like foreigners, or their staff is not actually relaying the issues and complaints to them so they are unaware.

I also know many hotels have artificially high ratings on review sites by having people post positive reviews. I can say that over the past 5 years I have been staying at St. Mark's they have been in the past a 2.5 to 3.0 star hotel. After my last stay I would say they are actually maybe a 1.0/1.5 to 2.0 star at most. If management doesn't even care enough to meet with guests who have serious and legitimate issues and who are being very professional and not even yelling then how can they even hope to fix the issues they have???

For the money... there are DEFINITELY better options in Cebu City.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2019

Stayed 4-7 July

Overall their staff are very welcoming, greeting you whenever you walk in and out of the lobby and the breakfast room. But don’t expect anything more than the smiles and greetings. Here’s why:
1) to save them work, as I’m only staying for 2 nights, I told the receptionist they don’t have to clean my room but to replenish the drinking water and coffee sachet. When I returned during lunch time, only the 2 bottles of drinking water were replaced. When I left the hotel at 2pm, I reminded the receptionist for the coffee sachet. I returned at 11pm and still not replenished I gave up.

2) the tv went blackout at around 11+pm. Called the reception and they sent a man to check. He meddled with the remote controller and switched some channels and told me there’s something wrong with the cable tv. I replied I already knew. He said he will inform the reception to contact the vendor. 30 minutes gone and I called the reception, her reply was the vendor Sky TV is not working at nights. There sure an emergency number or hotline to call. Right? I suggested to reset the receiver and her reply was “there isn’t any receiver”. So I watched local tv channels without understanding local language :)

3) last straw - the next morning the only lift was under maintenance since I went for breakfast till the time I checked out. I can understand the lift needs maintenance. Its ok to carry my luggage to walk down 5th floor too. Only disappointed to walk past 3 of their staffs one after another, and none of them offered to help. As usual, they greeted with sweet smiles.

4) WiFi is intermittent. I switched it off after day one.

Overall, the room is clean and comes with a balcony. It’s nice. Everything else is very basic. The sound proof Is no good. Breakfast spread is small but they taste good. The chef is always ready to cook you an egg or pancake. They are nice.

Date of stay: July 2019