Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Marty ..
Ballina, Australia

There are better value for money local hotels

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 26, 2024via mobile
Staff were so helpful

My room wasn’t sound proof , to the outside street noise - 24/7

My " so called " complementary breakfast , wasn’t value for money - as the chooses are limited .. I couldn’t recommend it , unless you like a light breakfast

Disappointedly , the Mandarin Plaza’s pool was closed when I stayed at this Cebu City Hotel

( the pool’s closer was noted when I was making my booking on a hotel / motel booking app )
Date of stay: January 2024
Room Tip: Pool still closed ,
Trip type: Travelled solo
  • Algotels
    C$64
2.5 km from Mandarin Plaza Hotel
View more hotels in Cebu City
All reviews ayala mall convenient location enjoyed my stay philippines staycation bidet
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2024

It is ok, nothing special. The room was spacious, but sparse!
The check-in, odd with a large pillar in the way...
The bar...limited...no wine....is this a bar??!!
Even though I was on the 17th floor, it could still hear the noisy traffic below...and the interior floors are all marble/hard tiles, so when people walk down the corridors, it is noisy and most people don't seem to pay attention to others trying to sleep!
The location is good, that's the main positive.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2023

The hotel and all their staff are amazing and ready to assist. Easy check in and check out; the guards outside( JunMar and Miller) assisted in getting Taxis whenever I wanted. Good rooms and very safe. It is a walking distance to Ayala Mall .
Only issue is that if you are vegeterian, then Breakfast has almost nothing for you apart from coffee, salads and bread(if you dont mind eggs). I informed the reception and they said they will inform the Chef and I believe that they will work on it.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2023

Numerous unpleasant things we experienced.

1. Check-in took so long. They have problems with their third-party booking partners. I have paid my reservations online and their system have problems checking with the bookings. The receptionist kept on saying that my booking is not found in their system, like what's next? You want me to fix it? They already have my booking ID and its paid. Terrible service.

2. When I was talking to the receptionist name Joyce and trying to explain to her our reservations, she turned her back on me. Another receptionist name Carl was even trying to defend her and wants to imply that what she did is not wrong.

3. The room we booked says there's a bath tub as part of the amenities. When we got to our room, there's no bath tub at all.

3. The fridge isn't cold. Doesn't produce cold.

4. The staff aren't accomodating. Should undergo more training.

Most likely the only thing that is great about this hotel is the location. We got no other choice but to book in this hotel because other nearby hotels, which are way better, were already fully-booked. Not the #1 hotel to choose should we need a place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2023
1  Thank RacelleP
Reviewed July 1, 2023

Great hotel very well run
Good quality everywhere.
Great staff
Good breakfast
Clean rooms
We enjoyed the first stay so returned.
I can recommend this hotel to any one wanting a pleasant stay in central Cebu.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2023 via mobile

We stayed at the Mandarin Plaza for 3 nights at the end of our trip to Philippines. We booked two rooms and they were on the 16th floor. The views were great and it was very quiet.

Beds were comfortable and the rooms were really clean. A lot of the TV channels were not working so we were limited in what we could watch however the wifi was sufficient and we could utilise our phones for entertainment.

Breakfast was good however a little expensive if it is not included in your room.

We paid an extra 1000php per night for an extra trundle bed and then an extra 50% of the room rate for late checkout of 6pm due to a late airport departure.

The staff were very lovely and accommodating. Location is very close to the Ayala Centre and we walked there in less than 5 minutes.

Room tip: It is difficult to get to the hotel quickly during rush hour traffic so plan extra time if you are heading to or from the hotel after 4pm
Date of stay: March 2023