Lowest prices for your stay
C$71
Randall S
Calbayog City, Philippines

Not impressed

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 30, 2024
Arrived around noon and was told check-in was 3pm firm. Tried to get lunch and dinner in the restaurant but left after waiting over 15 minutes with no service. The highlight was the room had a bathtub and I appreciated the hot soak. The girl at the front desk were curt and very official. I won't be returning.
Date of stay: March 2024
Room Tip: Don't expect to check-in before 3pm.
Trip type: Travelled solo
C$54
C$48
2.6 km from Mandarin Plaza Hotel
View more hotels in Cebu City
All reviews ayala mall convenient location enjoyed my stay philippines staycation bidet
Selected filters
Reviewed March 3, 2024

This was a first time visit to Cebu and the Mandarin plaza was a Great value hotel with good size rooms, location is great with Ayala centre literally a short walk away.
Clean rooms for a short stay we were happy. We would definitely stay here again for sure.

Room tip: At the moment the pool is under renovations. Grab taxi is good choice to use and arrive quickly although in some locations it can glitch
Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2024 via mobile

Staff were so helpful

My room wasn’t sound proof , to the outside street noise - 24/7

My " so called " complementary breakfast , wasn’t value for money - as the chooses are limited .. I couldn’t recommend it , unless you like a light breakfast

Disappointedly , the Mandarin Plaza’s pool was closed when I stayed at this Cebu City Hotel

( the pool’s closer was noted when I was making my booking on a hotel / motel booking app )

Room tip: Pool still closed ,
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 14, 2024

It is ok, nothing special. The room was spacious, but sparse!
The check-in, odd with a large pillar in the way...
The bar...limited...no wine....is this a bar??!!
Even though I was on the 17th floor, it could still hear the noisy traffic below...and the interior floors are all marble/hard tiles, so when people walk down the corridors, it is noisy and most people don't seem to pay attention to others trying to sleep!
The location is good, that's the main positive.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2023

The hotel and all their staff are amazing and ready to assist. Easy check in and check out; the guards outside( JunMar and Miller) assisted in getting Taxis whenever I wanted. Good rooms and very safe. It is a walking distance to Ayala Mall .
Only issue is that if you are vegeterian, then Breakfast has almost nothing for you apart from coffee, salads and bread(if you dont mind eggs). I informed the reception and they said they will inform the Chef and I believe that they will work on it.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2023

Numerous unpleasant things we experienced.

1. Check-in took so long. They have problems with their third-party booking partners. I have paid my reservations online and their system have problems checking with the bookings. The receptionist kept on saying that my booking is not found in their system, like what's next? You want me to fix it? They already have my booking ID and its paid. Terrible service.

2. When I was talking to the receptionist name Joyce and trying to explain to her our reservations, she turned her back on me. Another receptionist name Carl was even trying to defend her and wants to imply that what she did is not wrong.

3. The room we booked says there's a bath tub as part of the amenities. When we got to our room, there's no bath tub at all.

3. The fridge isn't cold. Doesn't produce cold.

4. The staff aren't accomodating. Should undergo more training.

Most likely the only thing that is great about this hotel is the location. We got no other choice but to book in this hotel because other nearby hotels, which are way better, were already fully-booked. Not the #1 hotel to choose should we need a place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2023