“Spicy Lechon - A must try!”

Rico's Lechon - Mactan
Ranked #35 of 170 Restaurants in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Dropped by at their resto nearby the airport, as suggested by the hotel transpo service as the best lechon in Cebu. It was indeed delicious! Bought regular and spicy Lechon and asked to packed it carefully as we were flying to Manila. Waited for an hour as I was there at almost lunch time. Spicy Lechon is new to me and it was really good. Highly recommended!

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

This was our first meal in Cebu after landing at the Mactan airport. Very close by. The place was busy and the service is on the slower end. The restaurant and restroom is nice and clean. The favorite part of the meal was the bone marrow soup. Bulalu soup, amazing!! Garlic fried rice is a must. The lechon was okay. We ordered the spicy and regular version. The skin was too chewy but the meat was tasty. The pancit was okay too.

Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

Rico's lechon is well known not just in Cebu but in the Phillipines. They have several branches in Cebu and one is only 15 minutes away from Mactan airport. We ordered rice lechon and baked scallops and all were delicious and reasonably priced. Hope they will open a branch soon in Manila

Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

I'm not fan of pig meat but when you are in Cebu you have to tried. People are saying that Ricos Lechon is the best place to eat this traditional Philippines food. Lechon was OK. We ordered 0.5kg for two and was enough. Crispy but very salty. Meat blended but soft. We ordered also baked Scallops and calameres pritos, Scallops were delicious, really nice. So if you get to cebu Island go and tray eat to this place. Be sure that you do reservation.

Reviewed January 7, 2018

I am Tagalog. I like my litson with the liver sauce. However, I know that the lechon from Cebu does not need any sauce. So, I was open to that.

Coming from Oslob, we chose to be dropped off at Rico's Lechon instead of straight to our hotel. Wrong decision!

We ordered the original lechon. It was very salty and it came cold. The skin which for me should be the best part of the lechon was not crunchy. It has become chewy and very tough I could not eat it. It was a bad experience for us. We also ordered ginisang munggo which was also very salty. However, I like the leaves they put in it (I assume that was ampalaya leaves). The lechon sisig was disappointing as well. I was looking for some crunch and there was none. It also did not taste like sisig to me.

We also ordered the scallops which were dried. The grilled squid was a saving grace and the calamansi juice tasted like calamansi juice so that's good enough for me.