“Affordable hotel around Lapu Lapu!”

Dulcinea Hotel and Suites
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 16 January 2017

I stayed here for 1 night. I can say that the experience was awesome. I attended the Sinulog during that time. Great place and location. Just in front of Gaisano. Near the airport. Breakfast is good (they have choices). Then free shuttle just message the property 2 days ahead of your trip. The room is great too! Clean bathroom, big space, i like the interior design. Has a very good wifi connection, the bath tub is huge :) Definitely gonna recommend this hotel to my fellow travellers.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

This is not a 5 star hotel. This is a good place to freshen up, rest, sleep and recover until the next leg of your flight. It is a mere 10 minutes from Mactan airport.

Rooms are very basic, and relatively large for the rates that they charge. Unli water is available at the lobby from a standard water dispenser. Staff is friendly and helpful but the front desk person last night needs a little more training.

Complimentary bfast is also equally basic but not that bad. Our bed and pillow were a little too firm, than what I prefer, but due to exhaustion, I fell asleep fine anyway.

Overall, this beats sitting around at the airport or attempting to sleep on the benches any day. Until mactan airport gets its own capsule hotel, this nearby hotel will do anyday.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2016

It was a very nice hotel at a reasonable price, but there is no elevator and it is on the 3rd floor. I was going back to the U.S.and my 2 checked bags were big and heavy. Also the stairs are not inside, so it was a hot humid climb. I did have a spacious room with a nice view of the harbor. The service was good. It was also across the street from Gaisano, which is like a Philippine Walmart, so my wife was able to stock up on a few things she cannot get in the U.S. Also, this Gaisano is the only place in the Philippines where I've been able to find and purchase a map.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank durangdude
Reviewed 29 July 2016

I traveled with my twin daughters to Cebu. It was my nth time but it was the first time for my daughters. My plan was to give them a tour of Cebu City and Mactan on the first day and to spend the next 2 days in a nice resort. So I booked Dulcinea which offered FREE airport transfers to and from the airport. They also offered to rent a car for us for the tour. And YES! THERE'S FREE WIFI and connection is good too!

First the pros: The staff are friendly and accommodating especially Mylene and Dyn at the reception; the in-house driver, Bernabe; Rommel and Apple of housekeeping! The rooms are clean, the beds are wonderful, the bathroom -newly renovated, I think. Our room - Superior De Luxe - a King size bed, an extra single bed, a refrigerator, air conditioning, hot and cold shower, dental kits and toiletries. We were promptly fetch by Bernabe and Apple at the airport and in less than 10 minutes we were at Dulcinea. Room rates are inclusive of breakfast.

Now the cons and why I call it a hostel:
1. The main lobby and the rooms are on the 3rd floor and there are no elevators. Not (very) Senior citizen and handicap friendly.
2. It doesn't have a restaurant and/or bar, though it's very near Gaisano Mall which is just across the street (Quezon National Highway). A branch of McDonalds is also across the street. There's a convenience store at the first floor.
3. We were assigned to a room with leaking aircon, but were promptly transferred to another room - 306. Everything was good until the next morning, when some of our things got wet because of the water (again) coming from the aircon! WE informed the staff about this and that they should do something about it, considering that they were given a certificate of excellence by Trip Advisor in 2012? or 2011?
4. Will not allow early check-in, which is understandable.
5. I informed the reception that we wished to be brought to another resort the next day instead of the airport. The resort is about 25 minutes from the airport and we were charged an extra Php500.00 - well, it's still acceptable, at least we didn't have to commute from the airport to the resort.

After our day tour, I saw Mylene again (she was already off duty) and I asked about the plans of Dulcinea after learning that it will soon be renovated by it's Korean owner. She informed me that elevators will soon be installed and that the first and 2nd floors will become part of the hotel after the lease of the tenants expire. Well, I guess it will soon become a 3 star hotel after all! I hope the owner's plan pushes through!

6. I almost forgot... we heard scratches in one side of the wall and in the ceiling, when I asked about it the next day, we learned that cats sometimes enter the building - but I don't know how they manage to go up the ceiling and in between walls! Actually there is notice on the 2nd floor (fire exit )about stray cats!

Room Tip: Ask the reception for a room with no history of leaking aircon - or least - asked to be transferred...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Sunnyskies100
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

I've stayed here last dec 2011 with my husband. It was clean except that the ac in our room isn't working well because a water leaking from the ac or bathroom in the other room upstairs so I'm so disappointed when this happen 4 yrs ago so i think they do upgrade this hotel hopefully. inspite the draw back its really a good location because it's convenient from the airport and mall across the hotel and they also offer airport pick up. The view outside the window is the mactan bridge. Breakfast is just ok. Helpful and friendly staff.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ainee W
Reviewed 23 July 2016

the Positive- The bed size and conforts. The room size 30sqm But not 60sqm like the advertize on Bokking.com, The view, the aircoon quite and perfectly orientated away from body, (after i ask then to adjusted my way) Staff friendly!

The Negative- Room 305. The Toilet was a smelly disaster, Due to the fact that the plumber didn't do properly the sink drainage a problem common in The Philippines. The average Maintenance man/boy in the Philippines are not trained, have no experience at all,and do not have a clue what they are doing, a common seen. No elevator, the BF. was below average, Stay 2 nights. , the hotel is only 6 years old and look like is 60 years old. i have give my Free valuable advice on how is easy to fix the problem of the smell. I hope for their on sake they will take care of. I might be Wrong,But due to the fact they didn't offer to change the room,I feel that all the rooms have same problem.

Room Tip: free wifi when work!. Good luck
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Antonio G
Reviewed 16 July 2016

A year on since my previous stay and review, and 6 years on since my first stay here ... Things are not improving:

A year ago they fluffed my free airport transfers that they so readily advertise, they cited that they needed 2 days notice, I paid for taxi transfers ... So this year I provided them with 10 days notice and still their driver couldn't make it to the airport on time ... Sure my flight arrived 18 minutes early but I delayed myself buying some credit for my internet and my cell phone, I then hung around for 10 minutes until and beyond my notified arrival time and, whilst many of the other hotel transports were present, Dulcinea's transport nor driver were anywhere to be seen.

Dulcinea is NOT a hotel because it doesn't have a restaurant, it is rooms only, within walking distance there are only fast food takeaway outlets, of a Filipino standard, in the mall opposite, a famous American burger joint some 5 minutes away or a quite appalling, supposed, Japanese restaurant some 3 minutes away.

It seems every time I've stayed at Dulcinea they've made a mess of things and the "Hello Sir's" each and every time one walks past reception become tedious when they can't even organise an airport pick-up ... I'm back thru Mactan Airport for a night during September, for that night I'm giving Goldberry Suites & Hotel a try, a full service hotel where at least I'll be able to enjoy a meal and for a lesser price than I've been paying for Dulcinea.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
0.7 km away
The Bellavista Hotel
The Bellavista Hotel
#20 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Dulcinea Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!