Green Gate Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Lapu Lapu
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Cesario(Lapu Lapu)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This was once a very nice house , and in some respects still is but it s been left without any maintenance and looks very shabby and dated now , and to take it back to its former glory will take some work ! My room was large ,( the good bit ), but the furniture was very old and scruffy ! The air conditioning unit was the very old style right next to your head and was so noisy I couldn't sleep with it on !There were large damp patches on the bedroom and bathroom ceilings and in the bathroom the decorative surround was hanging off the wall ! The bath and the shower looked like they had not been cleaned properly and the shower controls were not working as they should , the shower was either boiling hot or cold ! The breakfast was rice ,egg and a few pieces of pork and a cup of coffee ! That was it !! I was asked if I wanted another cup of coffee and had one each day I was here , I also asked for some toast with jam ! But on my last day I was given a bill for the extra coffees and toast !! That was a first for me as I was paying for bed and breakfast ! The location is in the middle of the island so you need transport everywhere !, I asked if they had a cycle I could borrow , but they didn't have one , There is nothing here, it really is in the middle of nowhere ! They charged me 400P for an airport pick up , and I got my own the taxi to Cebu city 200P . The cost of this place was 2500P per night plus extra breakfast costs ! This was my most expensive place I booked while I was in the Philippines . I feel bad that I can't say anything nice about this bed and breakfast as the staff where lovely and I had a nice talk with the owners . But this is a review site ,and I would like to have read my review as well as all the other five star reviews they have received from other guests before I stayed here .

Room Tip: Probably only stay here if you need to be in this location
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Boeing737man
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Loved my stay here. Grant and Violet are super nice and super helpful! Grant setup diving with a couple of quick phone calls. Violet whipped out great meal after great meal. The facilities were clean, well kept and reasonably priced. The house and rooms are awesome, really fun. Waterfall into the pool, private decks, firm mattress.. what's not to like???

This is THE place to be unless you're determined to pay hundreds for a tiny white sand beach. If that's your idea of a bargain, then go... Otherwise, stay at Green Gate, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Grant and Violet provided us with everything we needed to truly experience the Phillipines. I would not have had half the experiences I did if it wasn't for them! If you eat there makes sure you have Violet make you the ribs! We will be back...in NUMBERS!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Perfection!
If you wanna see what a mansion would look like to Filipinos, come here. Well, at least to me it was. It was really great. The place was big, green, and quiet.

No TV's but the owners are there so part of what you're paying for is mingling for entertainment. If you're not a friendly chum then there's always the pool and the garden to keep you company

Big ole Ozzy is also around to entertain you. This lion of a dog wouldn't mind having pics taken of him, just make sure the owners are around coz he's quite intimidating.

Violet and Grant are the nicest couple I've ever met. They're like family members you never knew you had. No one else could make you feel more welcome.

I'll definitely be back for more

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Our family of 10 stayed in green gate for 2 days t'was memorable and satisfying coz' of its privacy,being very green, serene and spacious. The friendliness and accommodating attitudes of the host, violet and grant as well as as the staff is something to treasure. The rooms are neat and spacious the veranda and the landscaped green garden is breath taking. I recommend Green Gate to anyone dreaming of a peaceful atmosphere, great personal services and a very reasonable cost. The 10 minutes drive to the airport (now that the roads are concreted) is a plus.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family