“Excellent amenities”

Plantation Bay Resort And Spa
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 31 August 2017

There is so much to see and do at Plantation Bay. The pools are massive and impressive. Everything is very clean and feels very safe. The spa is a great place for a massage. The spa amenities were tranquil. We got a 1 bedroom suite and it was very large and had 2 entrances to get to our patio which was about 10 steps away from the lagoon. The price per night were well worth staying at this resort. They do have a lot of policies regarding noise levels so our 8 year old were shushed a few times during our stay! But they were polite about it. I'd return for a second visit when we come to Cebu again!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Plantation_Bay_Cebu, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Katherine P,

Thank you for bringing your family to us, and occupying four rooms! Happy extended families like yours are among our most satisfied guests.

We're happy to learn that during your three-day stay, everyone from your group took the time to try our various leisure activities and facilities. You even booked a treatment at the Spa and found the experience relaxing.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Efren P. Belarmino

Write a ReviewReviews (1,904)

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I think security in the phillipines is quite decent so to enter into this resort, you gotta go through the gates where guards will take the drivers ID (if you're coming in by taxi or uber). So if you want to go out to the market or anything you need to get a taxi or a car. The staffs there are wicked friendly and helpful, very professional and I love how they just put a smile on and greet you. Pool service is 24 hours except between 8-10pm, that's when they do the cleaning. I'm not sure how clean it is actually. There's also a 24 hour cafe. The beach was okay, sort of smaller than the pool. Definitely more of a family or couples vacation. Also, if you get the Lagoon View room, all of them are on the 2nd floor but still a beautiful view. If you want the pool to be out there in front of your balcony I think that's lagoon side room. Paddle board is cheap, I think for 30 minutes it's either 60 or 100pesos. Also, they provide free shuttle bus but definitely have to be there in time because they leave on the dot and won't wait for you for even one minute. There's a coconut bar there too and fresh coconut is 100pesos, did I mention how friendly the staffs are? And they play great music!! This resort is more for a quiet peaceful relaxing place so if you're shouting and being obnxosious, they will tell you to be quiet. Also, for a 5 star hotel, im surprised they didn't provide toothbrush and there weren't any snacks in my snack bar... unless I was blind?

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jen P
Plantation_Bay_Cebu, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Jen P,

Most of our rooms feature balconies that open directly to our expansive saltwater lagoons or freshwater pools, and we're pleased that you highlighted their 24-hour accessibility in your review.

Plantation Bay is one of the very few hotels in the world that proactively and strictly defends our guests' right to peace and quiet, and it's always nice to meet a guest who appreciates our effort at speaking up against the incivility and discourtesy of other people.

Dental kits and mini-bar are upon-request amenities. We do provide a mini-fridge, but instead of stocking it with items that most guests don’t want, we give our guests the option of using it to store drinks and snacks acquired elsewhere. Still, for those who prefer a mini-bar setup, we are happy to oblige with their preferred drinks and snacks.

Thank you for your review and photos.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Place to be at! In my opinion, you can get the room near the pool and still enjoy your stay... there's just too many things to do for families here or even for romantic vacations! You should try the spa and that luwaw dinner on the beach on weekends! When you arrive, they drive you to your room in a cart and outright feel that you will have a blast!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Plantation_Bay_Cebu, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Mad_Madarang,

Thank you for the high praise!

We're glad to hear that you found Plantation Bay an ideal resort for families and couples and that you were so satisfied with your experience at the Spa and our themed dinner buffet that you're recommending these to our readers. Thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

My family and i went here to have a family vacation for 1 day. And i do love the place. It feels relaxing and they have lots of things to do inside the resort. They have the kalesa riding, fishing, kayaking etc.

Stayed: August 2017

Dear Choyce C,

We are glad that you had such an enjoyable vacation here, and that you took the time to list some of the many family-friendly activities that we offer to our guests.

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I booked a room for my nephew's birthday. We enjoyed the different activities the resort was offering. Bicycling,arcade, kayaking and so much more. They also have their own transportation that you can use to roam around the resort.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Dear Bea I,

Thank you for sharing your photos and mentioning that you and your family enjoyed our many activities and facilities. We appreciate your kind review, and wish your nephew an advance happy birthday!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Plantation Bay was the second resort on my first trip to the Philippines. I arrived and was greeted by the staff immediately. Check in was a smooth and easy process. The ride to the room was really cool because you get a sense of how big the resort is and you see quite a few places on interests on the way.
I stayed in the Lagoon Side Room and very impressed. The room was very clean and relaxing with a huge bathroom. The balcony was very nice as well and had a fan which added to the comfort. I spent each evening on the balcony just relaxing and using the internet before the dinner. I tried to stay off my phone as much as possible, but the wi-fi worked great without any problems.
The lagoons were massive and even when it was peak time for the pools which typically was after breakfast, there was still places to set up for the day of fun in the sun. The staff were always friendly. I enjoyed the other activities as well such as the segways and the firing range. The staff were very safety conscious at the firing range, but made it a great experience.
The variety of restaurants was a bonus. I ate at all of them. The different themes of each restaurant were very inviting. Again the staff were very attentive and provided great customer service. I even attended their luau. My first as well, and the food was really good and the entertainment was even better.
My experience there was great. I thoroughly enjoyed myself just relaxing and doing different daily activities there. I can’t say enough of how professional the staff was and how friendly they were. I highly recommend Plantation Bay.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Darius W
Plantation_Bay_Cebu, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Darius W,

All our staff were delighted to help make your stay comfortable, and we're happy to know that you appreciated our efforts and enjoyed your stay so much that you're recommending Plantation Bay to everyone.

It's nice to know too that during your three-day stay, you took the time to explore the resort thoroughly and discover for yourself what makes it one of the world's most distinctive resorts. Thank you for mentioning that you found our rooms spacious and clean, the Wi-Fi fast and reliable, and the Hawaiian Luau dinner show entertaining. When you visit us next time, check out our Spa too!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Very Beautiful and Well-Maintained Place :D My kids enjoyed especially the kayaking. Service is Awesome. We booked for a Lagoon View Room and they upgraded us to a One bedroom Suite. Recommended for family with small kids :)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JewelDsouza
Plantation_Bay_Cebu, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear JewelDsouza,

Thank you for choosing to spend your anniversary at Plantation Bay!

We are pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed our facilities and activities, especially the kayaks. The resort is truly unique and offers a wide variety of activities that appeal to guests of all ages.

Thank you for the review and recommendation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
8.9 km away
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 92 in Cebu City

Been to Plantation Bay Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!