2,055 results
All reviews no tipping policy salt water wall climbing lagoon side fiji restaurant savannah grill mogambo springs firing range kilimanjaro cafe water pools man made lagoon lagoon view room swim up bar poolside room games room day trippers family room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There are a lot of resorts in Mactan, but if you're looking for a place where there are outdoor activities available (aside from diving or island hopping, that is) then Plantation Bay should be on the top of your list.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

As everywhere on Mactan island forget about a decent beach. In this hotel the solution to this problem is a large artificial lagoon. The restaurants in the resort are average in quality but high in the price. For a rather limited breakfast buffet they charge almost 20 USD. The architecture of the buildings - each a bit different - is very good (colonial style). The rooms are also nice, most of them with direct access to either the lagoon or one of the several swimming pools. Good for tourists that like to spend their entire holiday inside a resort. Outside the resort there is not much to discover. A 15 minute tricycle drive brings you to the overcrowded and traffic-stricken Lapu-Lapu town. The adventurous tourist may find a primitive place to eat a roasted chicken or some other basic food. But most will probably rather quickly return to the resort. Of course, this applies not only to the plantation bay but all similar hotels along the Mactan shore.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank PeterJaz
Reviewed November 5, 2018

Don't go to Mactan for the beach, there are much better places around the Philippines. Most hotels have only rocks, or a muddy water, not the wide sandy beaches you dream of. Plantationhas a extra-small beach, which is only used as launch pad for jet skis and other water sports, going to very nice nearby more romantic beaches, reefs and bathing/snorkling spots. Plantation has those huge salt water in the middle of the compound, water temperature almost of a japanese furo, but clean and nice blue colour. 4 dining facilities, with reasonable food and not too expensive for a resort, good surprise. Same for breakfast. We stayed at the Spa rooms, and a had a free massage which was really very well done, relaxing for mind and body. Plantation also sell day cards to use the pools and everything. On Saturday, it became quite full with school kids, seemed to be the spot to be in Cebu! For this, and the lack of beach, I deducted one star, otherwise very nice, and a compliment to all the staff, but in the Philippines I was never disappointed with staff!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank flyingw0lf
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in the quantum villa. The place is beautiful, BUT they have so many restrictions it’s not really worth it. First of all, I paid A LOT of money to rent the quantum villa because it has 4 rooms, a function room and its own private pool so my family can all come and enjoy the place. And yet, bringing guests is so strict and they have to leave the villa by 6pm. Then my nieces were told to be quiet in the GAME ROOM and the POOL??? Do they want us to play like we’re zombies or something? It’s a place for children for goodness sakes! It’s like no one is allowed to have any fun. The last straw was when my one year old baby and nephew were crying in the restaurant and the waitress said they were being too loud and suggested we take them outside. So... they pretty much also kick babies out of restaurants. No wonder the place was like a ghost town on a weekend! If you want to spend a lot of money on a resort just to take selfies or meditate and you’re all alone then this resort is actually perfect for you. But if you want to go and have a fun vacation with your family, especially with kids and kids at heart, then I definitely don’t recommend this place! Never again will I go back to plantation bay.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Mia C
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

We normally don't write too many comments on review sites but this time we believe it to be necessary.

Plantation Bay Resort And Spa indeed is huge. I am not going to comment on the good points, as others have done so and probably even better than I can do.

However, ... I just had the worst experience ever in a restaurant (Fiji restaurant)
We did read comments from other guest on how noisy children could be obliged to leave. Well, our oldest son, just under three, can be noisy and we warned him beforehand and believe it or not, he was very quite.
On the other hand our baby of about 5 months has been thrown out.
Yes they do allow families with babies in, so no not an adult only restaurant, before you ask. And no she was not crying really not.
After we finished our starters (we had to send back the main dish two times in a row as the starters had not been served, so you get a picture of their standards) as well as our soup, somewhere in the middle of our sushi, our daughter was making some noise, not crying.
Quickly a waiter was standing at our table and asked us to go somewhere else.
All that despite at the table next to us a boy, 6 to 10 I guess, was making more noise.
Do you believe they said something to them? No untill I pointed it out.

So couples, adults, please go and enjoy, but people with children and babies please go somewhere else.

I will give you even some advice.
Make sure you have the "Grab" app installed on your smartphone.

This resort is far away from everywhere and if you don't have this app you should be lucky that guest get off in order to catch a taxi, and don't believe front desk will do anything to call a taxi for you, at least that was my first hand experience. Since that day I downloaded the app.

I can tell you restaurants at or near other hotels, like JPark, Crimson, .... love to have you at their tables.

By the way, we stayed 5 days in JPark, and whatever Plantation Bay tries to sell you. Families with babies and children, please do spend a bit more for Jpark, service is better, drinks are cheaper, you have more choice of restaurants and better quality, and breakfast is huge, where Plantations is good too but Jpark is definitally better. And the setting....Amazing!

And a last point of advice ... there is a Metro supermarket in front of JPark. We saw a lot of asians in both hotels shopping there! Even for Plantation Bay I can imagine that the taxi trip, up and down all together around 300 Php, can be quickly earned back.

Just imagine the local shops in Plantation Bay sells baby swimming diapers in plastic bags of 2. You clearly see they have taken them out of the normal big bags and put them in plastic bags. Two diapers sell at 295 Php in Plantation Bay as we were there!

Enjoy Plantation Bay as the fake lagoon setting still remains beautifull, but be prepared.

Date of stay: October 2018