Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$183
Agoda.com
Eloisa Royal Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$67
Dulcinea Hotel and Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$55
US$262
Orbitz.com
2,735 results
All reviewsibiza beach clubmovenpick hotelsails restaurantchurrascothe executive loungemactan islandbedroom suiteprivate beachocean viewbreakfast buffetnice beacha bit priceyupon checkisland hoppingother resortschopardlobby
Reviewed September 17, 2017

The hotel's facilities are so-so but the ambiance is great. The staff were very nice and attentive. Clyde Urgello of the executive lounge helped us a lot during our 1 week stay in the hotel. He was very approachable, upbeat and attentive to our needs. We love him. He easily got to take care of our needs in the hotel. I am very thankful of my experience. Ariel and June(bartender) were very caring and accommodating to us too. I gotta admit that the staff are welcoming and very friendly that made our experience great! The prices of the restaurants and room were high though. Security is tight too that we feel our stay is safe. P.S kudos to the people in this hotel but they should at least not given us a misinformation that we will have free breakfast from booking the hotel online. It's not a good way to fool your customers and give them expectation. Please do improve on that or else more people will complain and may not come to your hotel anymore. The view of the beachfront was worth it! The beach and pool are good and wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
HRainfroy, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Dear mashijihi,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Cebu.

It is such a delight to know that you had a great time during your visit, and that you found the services and facilities all to your comfort and convenience. Likewise, it is good to know that our team was able to directly address your concerns and needs.

We have read your comment on price point. We wish to share that our rates for dining are maintained within the same rate as with other stand alone restaurants of the same level / category, as well as with other outlets that are managed and located in international chain hotels in the area.

Regarding your comment about the breakfast, we wish to share that we have various room promotions and packages offered on the website which cater to different stay requirements, including breakfast and dining privileges. Our packages offered via other online booking channels also show in detail all the inclusions for each rate option. Guests may opt to include breakfast either upon booking or by advising our team during the actual stay period.

Thank you, once again, for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We wish you wonderful days ahead.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

I had one of the best, relaxing time in Movenpick Mactan, Cebu. Visited the place to enjoy an off day and be pampered with great view, food and service. I enjoyed every minute of it. World class staff service. Really good coffee. Well done!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear cydel21,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Cebu.

It is wonderful to know that you felt the warm and friendly hospitality in our hotel, and that our team was able to directly address all your concerns and requests. We are happy that you were able to fully enjoy your visit and that you were able to make the most out of your stay by enjoying all our facilities, offers, dining specials, and leisure amenities.

Thank you, once again, for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcome you back in the resort.

Reviewed September 16, 2017

I've been wanting to go and stay at Movenpick for the longest time and I finally had the chance last week when we I attended a conference at nearby Shangri-La.

The hotel is lovely, modern and well-kept. I love the vibe and the contemporary beach feel it has. I stayed for four (4) days and I've tried and experienced a lot from the facilities.

What I Love

- I love that the hotel is very modern and contemporary compared to other hotels in Mactan. The property is big but it still maintained a personal-feel.

- The rooms are nice and it's also huge. I appreciate that there's a separate closet room. The bathroom (with tub!) is also a nice touch. The Mini Bar is also filled and has choices.

- The Ibiza Beach Club is really cool. I've spent two days working there during Happy Hour and it provided me a nice ambiance and relaxing feel. Best seats are those near the banks. Place starts to fill at 6:00pm.

- The whole resort is very nice and are picture-worthy! All the rooms has balconies.

- Customer Service is good. Transportation to and from the city are also well taken care of. Even taxis are easy to find.

What I Don't Like

- The room lock system is so bad! My card key was demagnetized several times during my stay (3 or 4x I think). I had to go down several times to reactivate it. Very very hassle.

- The toilet has smell. I was bothered by this several times so I make sure that I shut the bathroom door at all times. There's definitely something wrong with the plumbing since there were also some noises at night.

- The walls are thin! I was bothered several times late at night or very early in the morning by noises coming outside or in the floor above mine.

- Breakfast selection can be improved. But I love their eggs!

I'd love to stay again in Movenpick but I would probably request for better rooms to avoid the above comments.

Room Tip: Get the room with the pool and sea view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
HRainfroy, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2017

Dear AbbieReal,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Cebu.

Regarding your comments about the bathroom and sound, we hope you were able to escalate these concerns to our team during the time of your stay. It is through the guest's feedback and requests that we are also able to identify areas that will need attention and assistance.

We have read the comment about the keycards and we share in your concern on this. We wish to add that keycards usually get demagnetized when placed with electronic devices such as mobile phones.

Do trust that we have noted your comments and insights about the breakfast selection and we appreciate that you have brought these matters to our attention. We have discussed these with our team, for proper assessment and action. We value feedback such as yours as these help us assess how we can further enhance guest experience in our hotel.

Reviewed September 16, 2017

Paying premium for average hotel. Rooms are small. No air-conditioned lobby. Bed mattres is very bad and not comfortable. Airport pic up never showed although I paid for it while booking. Hotel is located at remote area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jaffar A,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Cebu.

We have noted your comments about the room size, the lobby area and the hotel's location. We wish to add that our hotel information and photos are posted on our website, social media pages and other online booking channels --- all of which provide an overview of our facilities, design, amenities, services and offers. These serve as a guide for guests, prior to making an actual booking with our hotel.

Regarding your comment on the lobby, we'd like to share that as we are a Green-Globe certified resort hotel, we fully utilize the natural sea breeze and air to cool up the area.

On price point, we wish to clarify that our rates are maintained within the same range as with other international chain hotels in the area.

Our hotel is located in Mactan Island, alongside other premium and international chain hotels. Our location is recognized internationally as one of the top ten island destinations around the globe. It offers a lot of opportunities for leisure and adventure, as well as for those looking for venues for corporate activities and social events.

Do trust that your comment on the airport pick-up is duly noted and we're currently investigating this with the booking channel involved, to trace any endorsements made to our third party car service provider.

Reviewed September 15, 2017

3 nights in this hotel, the staff is super friendly and helped me for early check in (12am). The room is small, and i learned that the aircon did not just to make it cool, but dry. When the balcony is open then condensation happened. wet on the floor, table, headboards, mirrors. be patient when waiting the lift to arrive on your floor, be more patient if you have the upper floor. breakfast is good, and at peak hour, you need to wait to be seated, don't worry, the staff is very kind.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Andi D,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Cebu.

It is wonderful to know that you felt the warm and friendly hospitality in our hotel, and that our team was able to directly address all your concerns and requests as soon as you arrived at 12.00am.

We have noted your comments about the room size and we wish to add that our hotel information and photos are posted on our website, social media pages and other online booking channels --- all of which provide an overview of our facilities, design, amenities, services and offers. These serve as a guide for guests, prior to making an actual booking with our hotel.

We understand that you were checked in during the time the hotel was on full occupancy, which would explain the number of guests using the lifts / elevators.

We have read your comments about the breakfast service. We wish to add that we have a signage at the lobby which serves as a guide for guests on the expected volume of guests at various points during breakfast time. This is to better ensure our guests are well-informed, for everyone's comfort and convenience.

Do trust that your other comments and insights are duly noted and discussed with our team for proper assessment and action. We value feedback such as yours as these help us assess how we can further enhance guest experience in our hotel.