All reviews bedroom apartment flat screen sea view island hopping infinity pool cebu city relatives wifi guests taxi mactan resort
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

The reviews and photos on TripAdvisor were spot on. Very nice 2 bedroom apartment with a large balcony overlooking the pool and sea. Very comfy beds, easy chairs to watch flatscreen tv if you're stuck indoors. Excellent service, friendly staff and a decent restaurant attached, but room service's warm salad wasn't great.
Location sucks. Cannot walk anywhere, and the armed guards in front and back of the hotel make it a bit unnerving.
The entrance is closed by a 5 meter high wall at night.
It takes quite a while to call a cab when you want to go out, but I guess it is good security.
Nice place!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank japanmike
Reviewed May 2, 2017

I decided to stay in Nordtropic due to quite the exclusivity it offers to its guests at a reasonable cost. I would like to thank Zel for taking care of my reservation from my time of booking.

A few points on the ff.:

Arrival. Arrival was warm though the Front Desk Agent shouldn't anymore informed me that the 3rd person I paid for was not endorsed, there is a more subtle way to address that as guests don't normally want to hear internal issues. Also, it would help if you inform your guest what time breakfast is as well as the restaurant, beach & pool operational hours before you direct them to the person who will assist them to your room (which in our case didn't wait for us so I had to peek at an open door to check if he was there, good thing I entered the right room).

I didn't mind if the spare key was not found right away but updates every 3 to 5 mins. would go a long way rather than have guests wait in their rooms and not sure if they would be given keys or not.

Minibar fridge was quite a downer, there will still stains.

During our stay. It was sweet, we (I was with my mom and aunt) loved how quiet the resort is. I must say that your infinity pool is the highlight of the resort; great that its heated at night so guests who don't like the cold so much (like me) would enjoy the bask.

Your heater does not work in the lavatory, rainshower and faucet though; only with the handheld shower, which could be checked.

Food was great! Breakfast was okay though your bacon could be improved - you know, great breakfasts entail crispy bacon - a good jump starter for a wonderful day. Service at the restaurant was really nice!

I would want to note how your beach is well maintained and how fresh your bed and bath linens are! Well done!

Departure was a breeze! Will definitely come back.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Joan O
Reviewed February 7, 2017

This is a late review. Stayed here last August 2016.

We were a family of 5, 3 adults, 2 kids.

You will encounter a rough road before you reach the place.

Nice infinity pool.They have one for kids and one for adults. Although beach is just "so-so" and small shoreline .If you are into the beach and the sand, I wouldn't really recommend this place.

We booked the Standard Suite, 2 Bedrooms. Loved our room , you feel homey. People are nice.You can cook for an additional charge but we didn't bother since we preferred to just rest . They give you mineral water bottles for free each even if you just sit in their lobby.Other hotels, they only provide like a specific no. of water and charge you for the rest. Very generous I must say.

Loved the breakfast, they got big servings and the rest on the menu is affordable.

Customer service is just great! :)

We booked this place last time because it was no. 1 based on reviews and sad to say they are now in no. 10 on B&Bs. I hope they can still make up to it.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank To'nee B
Reviewed December 24, 2016 via mobile

Here are the pluses:
- Huge 2 bedroom suite that can accommodate 6pax, perfect for families
- great kitchen facilities, allowed us to cook our own food (for a minimal fee)
- beautiful infinity pool
- private beach
- clean rooms, white sheets!

But what really won us over is their customer service. We accidentally broke one of the plates and they didnt even ask us to pay for it.

Will definitely stay in this hotel again.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank janicee2016
Reviewed December 23, 2016 via mobile

Worst experience of my life..The manager at the hotel tried to charge me 1000 pesos because I entered the pool area for 10 minutes..After I refused to pay he threatened to call the police until I paid him 500 pesos so I could leave..
DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL !!!!

Date of stay: December 2016