“No Diving During Low Season”
Review of Agta Beach

Agta Beach
Reviewed September 24, 2015

Fisinshed diving at Leyte Beach Resort (not Southern Leyte Divers), in Malitbog. Took a 5+ hour van trip up to Biliran Island to dive at Agta Beach Resort. While checking in, my wife asks, "What time is the first dive tomorrow?" The receptionist looks up, and says, "There's no diving ... it's low season." I run outside and grab the van driver as he's turning around. Meanwhile, the receptionist fiinds a divemaster ... they don't have a boat, but a friend of his suggests we rent a boat for 3,000 peso and take a ride to another island. We had been emailing the resort about three weeks prior, announcing our arrival ... the person handling those emails ... up in Manila, and has no idea what's going on at the resort. Took another 2+ hour ride back to Tacloban, which leads to another review.

Date of experience: September 2015
2  Thank Thomas D
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Visited this little beach resort with wife and extended family.
For 1500 peso' were able to hire a shaded concrete picnic style table area for the whole day. we had about 20 or so in our group and I can honestly say you could throw half that again under this and still have room to move. A very western style toilet and shower are included for the sole use of those who rent it.. Luckily we got there early as there is only one ( first in - first served)
There are other tables available located along the small beach front should you miss out on the big one.. There is a small cafeteria that serves most meals that would find in places like this.. The only fault I encountered with it was when I wanted to have some fries with beer, they came to me as if the had been cooked 3days earlier and reheated.. They had No taste and was as rubbery as an old boot.. But apart from that it was a perfect day.. They also have over night cottages for around 1000 peso' .. They include air on and tv.. Did not stay so can not comment on quality..

I would recommend this little resort for those who are travelling through and just want a swim and a break. And also for those who wish to take there family there for a days fun swimming and just relaxing..

Date of experience: August 2013
2  Thank Des_Josie49
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We'll be back oct this year for 2 weeks! yeaaahhhh!!!

Date of experience: April 2011