Lowest prices for your stay
US$37
ZenHotels.com
Agoda.com
StayForLong
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2018

Very clean, nicely decorated, very pleasant staff, well-maintained and reasonable price.
However, location is not so good. Breakfast was included and it was good, though very limited choice, especially for foreigners, so we ended up having fried Bangus and eggs both mornings.
A bit slow for check out, I kept telling the receptionist we were in a hurry to catch a ferry but she didn't seem to treat my request with any urgency, just kept saying "wait a while till we check your room". However, a manager was standing there, she called herself and said we could go. However, on balance I would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KendalVisayas
Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

Very good and accomodating staff. Hotel is clean. Good breakfast selection and servings.
Highly recommended. Room size is ok, comfortable and clean. Would come back again given a chance. Congrats to the management for having such a polite and helpful staff.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jesfer M
Reviewed January 2, 2018

The staffs are very friendly, the rooms are very clean and the breackfast servings and quality are excellent.

The hotel is located just in the other side of the local market. If you like buying fresh items (fruits, seafoods, fish as well as the most Iloilo cuisine "Batchoy" ) you have them all inside theLa Paz Market. Try the "haluhalo" and locally produced and brewed coffee (also inside the market place).

The airport is just 15-20 minutes from the international airport and the SM City / Smallvile Complex / Gaisano City are just 5-10 minutes away. There is no shortage of taxi in Iloilo City and the cost is very reasoable.

Room tip: Choose the room at the top level (7th floor) to get the good view of the town.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jguzon
Reviewed November 4, 2017

Let me try to be fair in my review of this hotel. I've been here several times in the past and I remember having pleasant, no-frills experiences. You really cannot expect more from this hotel though, as this is a "quick-business" hotel where you usually stay overnight. Staying here for more than three days can perhaps frustrate you, but I haven't tried that before.

When I returned two months ago, I found the building paint refreshed, but the rooms are kinda the same but dated. My colleague who stayed in another room complained of getting asthmatic allergies from the room and tried to have her room changed but the hotel couldn't give another room.

On the positive, the people of the hotel were still courteous and accommodating.

Just a constructive advice. You need to "clean-up" your room and re-fresh them a little. Good luck.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank TonyL732
Reviewed November 1, 2017

What I can say outstanding about the Grand Dame Hotel is its reliable internet wi-fi access. You cannot have this with other high-end hotels in the city. Location is near the La Paz Market, where the famous Madge cafe and Netong's are located. Hotel is clean. Staff are nice and courteous. Breakfast is delicious. Buffet dinner is also outstanding.

Date of stay: August 2017