“Business Trip”

Ranked #13 of 309 Hotels in Moscow
London, United Kingdom
“Business Trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Great hotel, very cold and bright lobby. New property that opened in Dec 11 but needs a lot of training of their staff. The sheets on the bed are very rough

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GTAUH
Oliver H, General Manager at InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear 'Ralph2178',
thank you very much for your visit to the InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya and for your comments here on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to see that your ratings for sleep quality and staff service are far beyond what we are trying to deliver and I am sorry that we did not achieve the surroundings for you to be comfortable in. As we are a new hotel, customer feedback is important because it shows us where we are doing right and where we need to improve - there is loads of positive feedback already, but comments like yours motivate us to work harder to make sure that we consistently achieve great results.
I would hope that you visit us again and I am sure that you will already experience a meaningful difference in the interaction with our team.
Oliver Horn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Brand new hotel, was formally inagurated on 16th Feb. Fairly large rooms. My room did not have a great view as it was facing the back and i could only see another building across a small street. Well located, walking distance from Red Square and Kremlin, 3 minutes walk to the metro, next to TGIF. Service overall was excellent especially in the recepton. Service at Breakfast was spotty - a couple of days it was good and a couple of days the waiters forgot our orders or delayed getting them. Maybe i should put it down to inexperience. Nice gym with good range of brand new equipment. Spa has also opened though i did not use it. I found the room rates very high but I am not sure how it compared with other hotels in Moscow.

Room Tip: Try to get a Tveskaya Main road facing room for a better view
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank arunkmurthy
Oliver H, General Manager at InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Dear 'arankmurthy',
thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback about staying with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked in particular the service that you experienced from our team at the front desk. However, we've also taken note about your comments about the breakfast service - and together with the team we are working hard to ensure that our guests have a consistently great guest experience. I am glad that overall we managed to leave a good impression with you and would certainly love to welcome you back to the hotel!
Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Great hotel!
Everything is new and clean. Very neat and lovely.
The room was spacious enough not to jump over the bags.
Very godo (but expensive) breakfast.

Dear 'thelastfisherman',
thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion of your recent stay with us. I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and the interactions that you had with our team. I am obviously a bit lost to react to the "tasteless design of the hotel lobby" - if you'd like to share with me in a bit more detail what you mean, we might be able to do something about that; feel free to contact me at oliver.horn (at) ihg.com if you'd like to give me some insight into that opinion.
Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback - we are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!
Windsor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Lovely hotel in the centre of business Moscow.
The only thing we didn't like was the tasteless design of the lobby.
The rest of the hotel was great. Service was OK.
Breakfast was very very expensive!! Nice though

2 Thank thelastfisherman
Fussen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Finally, a great hotel in Moscow!
The location is central (about 20 minutes to Red square down Tverskaya), but the street is very busy and noisy, and you feel like in the middle of a melting pot (and Moscow is a real melting pot). The room was comfortable, but I didn't like the bedding.
Metro is close, not more than 5 minutes on foot.

2 Thank Folcaster F
Oliver H, General Manager at InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear "Folcaster F",
on behalf of the team, thank you very much for your feedback after your stay with us - we of course very much like to be described as "a great hotel in Moscow"! It's great to see comments like yours because they show us that we are on the right track to create a great hotel that's loved by our guests - but of course I am concerned that you did not like the bedding. If it's anything specific that we might be able to adjust, please do feel free to contact me at oliver.horn(at)ihg.com and we'll be happy to look into it - we have a large selection of different pillows available and can also change other aspects of the bedding for you.
We obviously would very much like to have you staying with us again and look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again for your feedback!
Derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

The hotel was only a few minutes walk from the metro, and in -25 temperatures, it had a great warm feel on arrival. Staff were working hard to keep the entrance areas snow and ice free. The lobby was nice and airy, with a large lobby bar on the left, and reception on the right. I felt safe in the hotel with security on the outside, the inside, and down by the spa. The hotel was only 6 weeks opened, and looked the part.

On entry, the bell staff were quick to offer assistance. At reception, I was greeted by a very friendly and smiling Anna. All of the reception staff spoke great English, which put me at ease, as my Russian was poor. I was checked in, recognised as a long-term loyalty member, and Anna offered to show me round the club lounge. The lounge look great, and I chose to use it during my stay. I was then taken personally to the room, Anna explained the features and my bags were delivered by the bell boy. There was no awkward pauses waiting for tips, and the staff left the room with no indication they were tip-expectant - which I liked.

The club lounge was very nice - smaller than some I know, but quiet and sophisticated. Free alcohol for 2 hours in the evening, hot/cold snacks, soft drinks and hot drinks throughout the day. Royal Ambassadors receive a small discount on the lounge supplement if not already in the room rate - I'd say it's well worth it.

The bedroom was a good size, well decorated, big bathroom with Elemis toiletries, and the mandatory laptop safe. I was only on the 5th floor - views were OK, and I can only imagine the views from higher floors. The windows kept the ridiculously low temperatures outside, and I was very warm inside. The bed was comfortable, and I did oversleep on the second morning. The minibar was stocked with complimentary soft drinks and beers, with spirits and champagne on request. The spirit prices were fairly steep, so I steered clear. An iPod dock was next to the bed.

There was free wifi in the hotel, although this is only 128kbps. Paid for access is 4Mbps, and is recommended.

I didn't use the bar or restaurant during my stay as I was out and about, although I did have a look round - good menus, touch on the expensive side. If you have lounge access, it makes no sense to use them.

I used the gym and sauna during my stay. The gym had 12 items of cardio and 6 weight machines, along side free weights. Free water and towels were supplied, and the changing rooms had water and toiletries available (deodorant, hair mousse/spray, body lotion). The running machines had the in-build iPod and MP4 connections, and the nice thing was that the gym was for guests only and wasn't sold to members of the public.

My only negative comment would be the sauna. The spa area was well decked out. Twice the sauna was superb, twice it was cold, and twice it was closed. The steam room was always very steam, but after a few hours in -20+ temperatures a sauna was the preference.

A special thanks to Ekaterina and Nahezeshka (apologies for the spelling) in the club lounge, and Anna on reception for making my stay superb.

I will most definitely return if in Moscow. Small tip - when you exit Tverskaya metro, look for the Nokia, Pepsi, and BEKO rooftop signs. Walk towards the BEKO sign (keeping on the opposite side of the road), and it's a few minutes walk.

Room Tip: If you would like a view over the front, theres a bit of noise (but I slept though it). If you'd...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank youngsterdave76
Oliver H, General Manager at InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Dear "youngsterdave76" - on behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you very much for your comments; we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. As we are still the 'youngest' among the Moscow hotels, your comments show us that we are on the right way - and that is a great thing!
We have noted your comments about the sauna and you are absolutely right, we've experienced some trouble with the control unit of the sauna after it's installation, but I am quite confident that we have now 'mastered' it.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel during your next trip to the Russian capital!
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

I’m a business traveler, so I spend a lot of time in Moscow. I tastes a lot of hotels, but this one is perfect!!! Smiling and helpful stuff, great rooms, everything new and comfortable. I will recommend this place to everyone I know!!! You are the best!!!
Thanks a lot!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Paull S
Oliver H, General Manager at InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2012
Dear 'Paull S' - thank you very much for your comments, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again. All the best from Moscow, Oliver Horn