“A very good 5* hotel for business or leisure”

InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel
Ranked #13 of 315 Hotels in Moscow
Roma
“A very good 5* hotel for business or leisure”
Reviewed 4 June 2012 via mobile

I stayed there for 3 nights for business purposes and I really enjoyed my stay.
Rooms are ergonomic and quite large, minibar is free, internet as well even if at low speed (you can have high speed but with extra charge) and bed is veeery comfortable!

Breakfast quality is very good but there could be more variety.

Staff is absoluty friendly and always try to please.

I will go back.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear 'Danysker',
thank you very much for staying with us at the InterContinental Moscow and for finding the time to share your comments with the community here on Tripadvisor.com!
I am very happy that you enjoyed your time with us and that you like the facilities and, almost more importantly, the interactions with my colleagues - I am very proud of their work and it's great to see that their performance is becoming more consistent every day (after all, we only opened 6 months ago) and that you notice it and find it worth commenting on - thank you for that!
We've certainly enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to seeing you back!
Oliver Horn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
Helsinki
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The Intercontinental Tverskaya is your standard 5 star hotel you would expect from the IHG. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. I stay here about 3 times per month and so far I have been very satisfied. The room has one detail that I appreciate no matter how small it may seem. They have a complimentary mini bar in the room. Just a few soft drinks and juice bottles, but in Moscow other hotels can charge you over 10 usd for a simple bottle of coke in the room.

The hotel is comfortable for business. The room has a large working table with plenty of outlets for laptops and mobiles to charge. The internet is free for all guests although it's limited to 128 kb/second. This is fine for email and normal surfing, but if you want to watch movies or video conference then you will need to purchase the faster connection.

Breakfast is very good although I think they could use some more variety. So far they cater to English and European continental breakfast, but nothing really for the Asian diet. I am actually not Asian but I always gravitate toward the raw fish for breakfast when I stay at other hotels. I think if you purchase the breakfast separately it is something like 1500 ruples (45 usd).

The hotel is located on the Tverskaya street which can be noisy and dusty. If you would like a quieter room, then request something on the back side of the hotel on a high floor 9+.

There is a good spa with Turkish baths, whirlpools, etc in the hotel but the prices are quite..."Moscow" for the treatments.

All in all I enjoy this hotel. The staff do their best to make me feel welcome each time.

My only negative I can say is that the lobby is sometimes full of people smoking, but this is quite normal in Russia and happens at all properties (Ritz, Kempinski, Hyatt). Until they change the law here to outlaw indoor smoking, then it is what it is. I would appreciate if Intercontinental would be the first chain in Moscow to make a smoke free hotel. The W Hotel in St Petersburg did this, and it works very well!

Room Tip: try 1120 with windows closed (great view but a little noise) or 1125 with open windows
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank chadmidi
Dear 'chadmidi',
thank you very much for your recent stay with us at the InterContinental Moscow and for your positive and constructive feedback here on tripadvisor.com!
I am very happy that you enjoyed your time with us but I've also noted your comments on breakfast and on the smoking situation: you might have noticed that we are currently doing a random guest survey during breakfast to ask guests for their feedback about the variety of food on offer during breakfast - as soon as that's complete, we will have a look at what our guests want and from looking at the first results, I am quite confident that we will be adding what you are looking for, i.e. a range of Asian food - also because we see the number of Asian guests steadily increasing.
With regards to the smoking situation in the bar, I could not agree more with you - unfortunately, it's a fact of life that many of our guests are smokers and controlling this situation is quite complex. However, as we have seen that many of the guests in the bar are actually guests who are attending banquet events at the hotel, we've now created a smoking zone on the banqueting floor so that at least the bar won't be 'abused' as smoking area for guests who are not really using the bar for anything else. First feedback shows that we have done the right thing and managed to improve the situation.
I am confident that you will see both points considerably improved during your next visit. It was certainly great to have you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

First impressions were excellent, the reception staff and Dmitry the porter were superb.
The room was great and really impressed me.
However when I had a shower the water ran all over the floor, flooding it, I phoned for more towels as i used them to mop them up the water, but I had to phone again and the lady was surprised that they hadn't been delivered. In the end I got them myself hence the three stars as the room rate was so high

Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Donna H
Dear 'Donna H',
thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for your comments here on Tripadvisor.
I was sorry to see that your initially positive impression of us was somewhat 'destroyed' by a flawed interaction with our team. Responding to guest requests quickly is one of the cornerstones of our approach to service and I am sorry to see that this did not work in this particular case - especially when quick reaction would have been necessary. The team and I have noted your comments and we will get better - on a consistent basis.
I hope you will visit us again and give us the chance to show you that we do deserve your five star rating!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We Stayed here for four nights and I can't fault the hotel on anything. The location is excellent next to restaurants and walkable to many sights. The rooms are modern, very clean, tastefully furnished, the free items in the minibar is a great touch, as is free Internet in the rooms, though we were lucky to have plug in computer as the wifi did not seem to work on eleventh floor. The bathroom was great and luxurious. We stayed in a standard room. The bed was great. We did not eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on e food. The concierge was helpful in booking tickets. Everything was perfect, though the hotel is quite pricey. I would definitely stay here again depending on price. We stayed over the weekend period when it was cheaper.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear 'lifeisbeaut'(iful),
thank you very much for your stay with us at the InterContinental Moscow and for finding the time to share your feedback with the travel community here on Tripadvisor. We value each and every comment, but when we get positive comments from a seasoned traveller (you don't get Top-Contributor status on Tripadvisor for sitting at home ...), then this makes us particularly proud!
I do agree that we are not cheap (like most of Moscow's hotels), but the team and I are working very hard to deliver value for the money that you spend with us - and I am so pleased to see that we succeeded to do this during your stay!
Thank you again for your comments - we have enjoyed having you as our guests just as much as you enjoyed staying with us - we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Safe travels where ever your road leads you and all the best from Moscow!
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My arrival at the hotel was marked by being assigned a room with a missable view. It took some effort and firmness to get a different room allocated but after that, the experience was all positive.

The service was excellent, the room well appointed and the cuisine good.

The outstanding factor was one of the front desk executives, Galina, who went out of her way to ensure a great stay. My compliments and warm thanks to Galina. I am certain she will do very well in her career.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Oliver H, General Manager at InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear 'fawziamadni' -

thank you very much for staying with us in Moscow and for taking the time to share your experience here on Tripadvisor.com! We are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us at the hotel and I am sorry that you did not like the room that we initially had reserved for you. I am glad to see that our team could set things right and it's great to see your comments about Galina! We are very proud of her (and her colleagues of course) - the whole team is working very hard to provide our guests with a great experience and I am happy to see that we seem to be doing the right thing!
Thank you again for sharing your feedback - we certainly enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back!
Sao Paulo
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I was very disappointed with my recent stay at this hotel. The design was just terrible, lack of style in every detail.
Breakfast was very expensive and did not meet my expectations.
The room was OK in general, but if you pay for a 5 star hotel you expect much more.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sambagogo
Dear 'Sambagogo',
thank you very much for your stay with us and for your comments here on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the InterContinental Moscow. At our hotel, it's our goal not only to meet customer expectations, but to exceed them and it's always sad to see when we did not manage to reach this goal.
I would love to hear some more detail about how we did not meet your expectation - the design of the hotel is of course a pure matter of taste, but it would be great to get some more information about the rest of your comments so we can actually do something about it. So if you find the time, please feel free to contact me at oliver.horn(at)ihg.com - I'd love to hear from you.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

While there are perhaps better hotels in Moscow, the only one that comes to mind is Balchug when it opened .... At this point (I'm still in the middle of my stay here on Tverskaya) this is definitely the best of all the intercontinental hotels I've ever stayed in. Just to clarify my record: I'm at the platinum level in the Priority Club program (same level at Hyatt, and still maintain Gold at Marriott and Starwood - you may say that I travel for living...), which means that I've been to many of them.
The Club is the best of any Intercontinentals with great food and drinks. Whle hotel is not inexpensive it is a great value for money for Moscow. The rooms are not as big as in some other luxury hotels in Moscow,but very well equipped and very modern. So far, I have been impressed with service, cleanliness and quality of food. I do not wish to comment on price because it seems to be normal in every other hotel to charge $10 for a glass of coke, but as far as amenities are concerned, this Intercontinental is one of the most generous. I was very impressed by the spa. The only one shortcoming here is that there is no pool, but all other services are here. I'm sure I will find something that could complain about in my next week of staying here, but for now this my new favorite five star hotel in Moscow!

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Dear 'yourvlad' -

well, what can I say - headlines like yours make my day! Thank you so much for staying with us in Moscow and for posting your feedback with such a great headline here on Tripadvisor.com.
If you read my feedback to other postings here on this site, in particular to those who are less enthusiastic about their experience, you will notice that my answer has always been that we are working very hard to increase the consistency with which we are delivering great service to our guests. Your comments are showing us that we are doing the right thing and moving in the right direction - thank you! We all know that there will be other comments as well, but for today, we are just happy to read yours!
It's great to have you staying with us and we are looking forward to being your 'home away from home' again during your next trip to Moscow!