“Central, Spacious, but not Luxurious”

Novotel St. Petersburg Centre
Ranked #33 of 364 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 11 December 2017

We spent 3 nights at Novotel Saint Petersburg with my siblings. We had a nice stay, although the dinner menu is not close to a high-quality hotel restaurant's, it was more like simple local food. Unfortunately - as we experienced with most of the Russian people we met - the waiters don't speak English very well, some of them couldn't answer basic questions (for example: "is the tap water drinkable?"). Nevertheless we got a huge room, that was very clean and comfortable. The hotel's wall was designed with much care and a modern taste that we really appreciated. We had a great time, and we would like to thank your flexibility.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms in the main building come with a huge balcony
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Dorottya V
Novotel_Centre, Front Office Manager at Novotel St. Petersburg Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.com. It is a great pleasure to know that you loved your stay with Novotel St. Petersburg. In Novotel we do not have pretensions of being a luxurious hotel, for sure we are a casual style business hotel of modern and ergonomic design which refers to our cuisine as well. We are happy to know that you stay was comfortable and experience was positive.

Best regards and looking forward to welcoming you back in Novotel!

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,321)

Reviewed 8 December 2017

I have been in many Novotel in Europe as I am a consultant. Being Platinum member gives me enough confidence on exposing my opinion about several Novotel structures. I would say that in this case the property was fine but the environment was not very welcoming. I haven't received any upgrade as far I could have noticed. More over I didn't feel the staff was friendly and welcoming. I posted them a question about "Good morning offer" for breakfast but I received the answer only at check-out time when I did already breakfast at full price even though was not very expensive. While at breakfast, staff asked me if I was having a credit open and even after I confirmed to them and pointed them to the front office staff the outcome was a double check and consequently excuses. Even though this didn't hurt me I didn't recognised this behaviour as professional. Finally when I came back to get my luggage, although I don't expect the staff to bring me the luggage, at least a bit of nice mood and attitude is always great to show and not only opening the door and expect that customer recognize his own luggage. So the final outcome is that the property was almost in the standard of other Novotel in Europe, even if I have been in Novotel of higher rate, but the staff and environment is below the expectations and the level of other Novotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank GuidoEsposito
Novotel_Centre, Manager at Novotel St. Petersburg Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear Guido,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Saint Petersburg Centre. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
Concerning upgrade, unfortunately on those dates we did not have availability to provide a full upgrade with higher category room. But the room you stayed is also not a usual room. This room was created in the frame of Accor MyRoom project. Its a room designed by the member of the team, Alexandra, who is inspired by ballet. And because it has some personal touch we use it also as upgrade for Le CLub members. Its the pity that reception did not explained it during the check-in.
I understand what you mean in you comments and please rest assured that we will take the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Alla Ignateva
Operations Manager

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I was sent here by my local contact since the hotel is in the city center, really 2 minutes away from the underground. Modern structure, nothing missed, excellent staff, gym of the roof and wonderful breakfast. Just the Wi-Fi is not constant in signal...

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Novotel_Centre, Front Office Manager at Novotel St. Petersburg Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Fabrizio!

Thank you very much for your comments! It's always a pleasure to get a positive feedback from our guests. I'm happy that you loved your stay with Novotel St. Petersburg centre and I will definitely share your compliments with the colleagues of mine. Hope to see you soon in Novotel again!

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Bit of an odd set up with rooms in separate building, the hotel nonetheless is well situated at the back of Nevsky Prospeckt and is surprisingly quiet. Strangely the toilet is completely separate from the bathroom and the room was small to the point of snug. The restaurant was in the other building just across the road. Access is possible via a bridge but only on certain floors. Food is buffet style for all meals, and OK but nothing special. There is a very modern bar area by reception with the most uncomfortable modern sofas. A perfectly functional hotel whose main advantage is it's location, ideal for all of the eateries and shops on Nevsky Prospeckt

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean T

Dear Jean,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Saint Petersburg Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We've just finished our renovation in the bar area and I'm really sorry to hear that you find our sofas uncomfortable. You should try the arm chairs next time, they're much cozier for sure. There's also the 'a la carte' of menu in our restaurant which I strongly recommend for we've completely renewed the concept and the menu recently - there's a lot of new things to try.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

The hotel is just off Nevsky Prospect and is very quiet. The staff were helpful, especially the concierge Tatiana. The rooms were clean, a good size and functional - very warm but it was possible to turn off the heating. Breakfast has a good selection and food was of a good standard. As in many Russian restaurants used plates are removed very quickly and this was a bit of a problem if you were breakfasting alone as you would go to get a cup of tea and return to find the food you had just brought back removed - this happened to me 3 times on a 5 day stay - it would be great if there was just a postcard or something on the table with 'finished' on one side and 'not finished' on the other which you could use! But this is a minor detail in what was overall a good stay.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Victoria C
Novotel_Centre, Front Office Manager at Novotel St. Petersburg Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Victoria,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! It's good to know that you had a comfortable stay.

I hope that one day you come back to St. Petersburg and choose Novotel again.

P.S. Thanks for the idea with a post card! :)

Reviewed 13 November 2017

A great location and a clean and tidy hotel for a stay in St P. Not all rooms have opening windows so room could get a little stuffy - but we were given the option to move rooms. Breakfast had a huge choice, but was pricey. But close to Nevsy Prospekt and alot of coffee shops ( Newmans was good just on the corner by the hotel) and eateries.
Concierge service was really good, and airport transport all on time and effiicient.

Room Tip: Choose a room with windows.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank P W
Novotel_Centre, Front Office Manager at Novotel St. Petersburg Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear PW!

Thanks for choosing Novotel St. Petersburg Centre! It's a big pleasure to know that you loved your stay with us! We're happy that you found our hotel comfortable. Our location is indeed one of our biggest advantages but not the only. We'll be happy to see you back in Novotel!

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We arrived into Vosstania metro station and spent quite a long time walking round in circles trying to find the hotel. On our last day we found that if you use Mayakovskogo station instead, you come out much closer to the hotel.

The hotel is in 2 buildings so can be a long walk if you need to visit reception and you’re in the second building. The rooms are very nice with good facilities including a kettle etc. The room layout is interesting with the toilet separate to the bathroom, so you have to go between the rooms to wash your hands after! There was also a separate shower cubicle which i didn’t even noticed until after I had already had a shower using the overhead shower attachment in the bath!

Check in and check out was smooth and Polina was really sweet and helpful.

Location is good and you can walk to the main sights or alternatively get the metro.
There are plenty of shops and places to eat and drink in the local area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in a decent hotel on a budget.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhiannon L
Novotel_Centre, Front Office Manager at Novotel St. Petersburg Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Rhiannon,

Thank you so much for your review. We're really happy that you loved your stay with Novotel St. Petersburg Centre. It's always a pleasure to get positive feedback from our guests. Special thanks from my colleague Polina. Good to know that we managed to make your stay a little more than just a regular hotel visit.