All reviews floor to ceiling same building the river confluence museum customers world
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

I had a "family room" with a view on the river. Very large, although colour may be a personal taste. Friendly staff at reception, some English spoken. Restaurant inside was being refurbished but the weather was nice to have a meal on the terrace overlooking the river. Standard Russian breakfast with plenty of calory rich dishes, staff attitude to customers can be improved. Popular for weddings. Close to the city beach (biggest in the world?), although no swimming allowed.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

To those commentators who say that Omsk is barely worth the visit, I disagree, and this is a great hotel to stay of you do.
After 20 hours on a train and about 2 hours sleep I arrived at the Hotel Mayak at 4:00 AM with no reservation.
I asked for half price since half the night was passes but; it was still good value.
This hotel has been extended and refurbished to a very high standard with expensive materials using the theme of 'water' presumably because we're at the junction of two powerful rivers. The decor is better than many 5 star hotels. My room was an astonishing 70 square meters or so with a full width floor to ceiling window, a view over a river, BBC on the TV and everything is new.
However, later that day I had to move to the single room a tour agent booked which was about 25% the size and otherwise the same, but half price.
Along the rail I've visited Vladivostok, Khabarovsk, Irkutsk and Krasnoyarsk and Omsk has been the most interesting city, which is best evidenced because I've taken more photos here than all those other locations combined and this hotel is within easy walking distance to each attraction.
The best food I've found shares the same building with two Irish pubs; to be sure, to be sure. The museum is a nostalgic exhibition in itself and then there are the exhibits. The Cathedral is very impressive architecturally and alive with solumn worshipers.
However, the greatest attraction for foreigners and ladies in particular is, I think, the ecleptic international and Russian high-end shopping experience along the beautiful and superbly maintained classical architecture of Lenina Rd and all those attractions are within a 5 minute walk from the hotel. And, us blokes can wait in one of those Irish pubs!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2016 via mobile

One of the nicer hotels in town, the Mayak is located on the confluence of two rivers, with most rooms having great views. In winter the rivers are frozen over, but still impressive. The hotel itself post-Soviet with a few oddities and quirks. Not up to international standards, but still nice enough.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2016

This is the best hotel in Omsk. We stayed in the family room, and it was huge - around 70sqm. The big floor to ceiling window gave us a wonderful view on the river. We enjoyed watching different cargo ships, boats and yachts. The location of the hotel is great - everything in a walkable distance: a stunning cathedral, arts and history museums, theatres, shops, cafes The service was great, the staff were very friendly, we had a great breakfast and comfortable bed, it was relaxing and peaceful. Simply perfect!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with extra comfort- they are bigger and quieter, have a great view
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2016

I absolutely loved it. L.O.V.E. Loved it. I can't wait until ya'll come along and stay here. it was magical. i highly suggest swimming in the pool and working out in the weight room. the beds were like sleeping on a cloud of pure happiness and comfort. The service was perfect the view was amazing. I really loved watching all the care go by. "If i lay here, if i just lay here would you lie with me and just forget the world." the lyrics i just quoted are from chasing cars by snow patrol and that's exactly how i felt when staying and i highly suggest the song as well.

Room Tip: Don't eat the sushi
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo