“Good and clean”

Holiday Inn Al Khobar
Ranked #26 of 78 Hotels in Al Khobar
Reviewed 13 August 2015

I been here for four night, for a business trip in Dammam area. Very easy to reach, not so far from my targeted customers, I appreciated the cleanless of the room and choice of food for breakfast and dinne.

Room Tip: 3rd floor up to 309, to avoid noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Safa A, Assist. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Al Khobar.
We really appreciate your nice comments about our hotel.

Thank you again and hope you will keep choosing Holiday Inn Al Khobar

Safa Ahmed

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Al Khobar

Reviewed 21 July 2015

Had a two night stay at this overpriced and overrated property, it was a last minute walk-in.

Pros

Good breakfast buffet!

Cons

Corridors smell of smoke hence they had to install air purifiers throughout the property.

The furniture was very dated

If you have a lumbar problem, then the WC will be a challenge for you, as the height level is of the unit seating is very low.

Technology had issues with slow speed internet

Had requested for room change it took three room changes to get to a room that was marginally close to HI standards.

Room Tip: Ask for RECENT renovated room!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2015

Dear Life101,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your past stay. I am glad that you liked our breakfast buffet. On the other hand, I deeply apologize if the unusual smell in our hallways, some of our room amenities, and the internet service provided may have caused you any inconvenience. Rest assured that your comments will be considered for our improvement and to ensure we continuously give our best in everything we do. We do hope that you can give us another chance the next time you visit the area.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 June 2015

Checked in and went to the room only to find it in used condition. The trash bin was full and cloths were laying on the chair as if someone was still staying in the room. Headed back down to the desk and was given a non-executive room as there were none available. Disappointing to say the least but I survived.

The room was clean but in need of a remodel. The tub was a fiberglass remodel tub and it was difficult to stand in with the hump in the center.

The restaurant was decent for breakfast and dinner. A bit pricey for the dinner buffet but it was good.

Overall, if it was not for the convenience to my clients location and their discount, I would try another hotel. This location needs to step it up and update to remain competitive in the market.

Room Tip: Very little noise with a pool side room.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Safa A, Assist. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2015

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Al Khobar and for taking time to share your experience in our property.
We are pleased to know that you liked the hotel cleanliness and restaurant meals. On the other hand, we regret to know that there are some issues prevented you from fully enjoying your stay. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have faced.
I have taken note of your valuable feedback, this will be forwarded to management to discuss in a special meeting.

We hope you give us a chance to host and serve you the next time you are in our hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2015

I have stayed at many Holiday Inns from South Africa to Hong Kong and usually found the ones outside the US to be better. However, Holiday Inn Al Khobar is the worse HI that I've stayed at. The lobby and the rooms are dated-really dated like something in the 70's. Service is hit or miss-sometimes it's good other times not that great. The food is below average of what you would expect from a 4 * Hotel. You have to look for the bellboys. The pool is really small-more like a kids pool you would find at other hotels. The Wi-Fi is free and pretty reliable.
However, the worst aspect of my stay was mold in the bathroom. I notified the front desk and it was cleaned when I got back. The mold was cleaned but the cleaner left a water bottle with the toothbrush he cleaned with. Now I had mold in a water bottle. I notified the duty manager but he heard me but really did not listen. As usual he apologized but I did not hear any update from him. It seems that they don't take any complaints seriously.
There are better hotels in Al Khobar to stay. I would avoid HI Al Khobar like I would avoid mold.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2015

Dear jadmi,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay. We are glad that you found our Internet connection to be reliable. However, we apologize if our facilities and bathroom accommodations failed to live up to your expectations. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to see which aspect of our hotel we need to work on. With that being said, your feedback has been noted and will be communicated to our management for evaluation.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you give us another chance to provide a much better and more memorable experience.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 May 2015

Location is good, however except food I do not like any of the facilities of Hotel. Staff is not so trained and cant handle the situation. Bathrooms as well furniture was not in good condition. Interior is looks like a average Hotel.

Room Tip: Try for other hotel as there is no value of money
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Safa A, Assist. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Holiday Inn Al Khobar and for taking the time to write to us about your recent stay.

Regarding your feedback, we apologies sincerely for not being able to meet your expectations and we would like to inform you that there is an action plan for renovation during this year. until that time, we will make sure everything will be perfect in your next stay at Holiday Inn Al Khobar and we will make sure that you will change the bad image that you have taken from your previous stay.

Once again, please accept our apology for inconvenience that you have faced and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2015

I have stayed 4 nights in this hotel during my business trip to Al Khobar (KSA).
- Friendly and cooperative staff.
- Clean, and quite.
- Meeting rooms: well equipped.
But:
- Old furniture: it needs to be renewed.
- WiFi in rooms: interrupted from time to time.
- Location: you have to use a car / taxi to go malls, restaurants, and Cornish.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Safa A, Assist. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Al Khobar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2015

Dear Mr. Adel,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Al Khobar and for the nice comments about the hotel.
we are proud to know that you liked your stay at our hotel. Regarding the WI-Fi please accept our apology for any inconvenience that you have faced during your previous stay.

Once again, thank you very much and looking forward to welcoming and serving you soon.

Safa Ali

Reviewed 31 March 2015

I rate a hotel based on 3 things, infrastructure, food and hospitality. Infrastructure is good. When it comes to people I have mixed experiences. The Duty manager who was present at around 11 PM, on 21-Feb'15, (forgot his name) was very cooperative. I would like to make special mention of the housekeeping boys Dulal and Enayaat, who really know how to pamper a guest,and were very good in their work. Similarly, I did NOT like the attitude of the pick up man (who had come to the airport), though he was far better than my experinece during my Nov'14, stay. The car drivers have a serious attitude problem, which they need to do away with, the sooner they do it, the better it is for them. But one big disappointment is the food. I am totally disappointed with the taste as well as the menu. I was told, that lot of people from India do stay at Holiday Inn, but the menu was not a reflection of the same. I felt they have no consideration for Indian guests. Even whatever was on the buffet, was very ordinary to meet my culinary expectations. Having said all the above, I appreciate the initiative of the General Manager in replying to me, and I sincerely believ in his intentions in correcting the lapses. I am definitely going to stay here again, most probably end April'15

Room Tip: Go for a room close to the reception area
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business