“Nothing to crow about...”
Review of Al Baik Restaurant

Al Baik Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Medina
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I had to opportunity to visit Al Baik with my family while in Madinah. The place was chaotic as expected. Like a previous reviewer who gave this place a 1 rating, the queue number I had (512), was a pointless thing. Its who shout the loudest that mattered, and reminded me of a pit trading on the financial floor.

Here, a paying customer like me felt more like beggars waiting for handouts and that the servers were the masters, choosing who to serve first. Perhaps other customers feel at ease with this sort of treatment, but I am certain if you have this at Popeye's or KFC, they won't survive the social media onslaught.

Food-wise, its not as good as I remembered (I had my first experience in Makkah in early 2000). The 4-piece chicken were a bit too salty. While the chicken pieces were big and juicy, the spices tasted a bit off. My daughter rated is as "OK" only. The Big Baik was a better choice, and my son finished 1 piece, and then another 1/2.

Overall, go to Popeye's or KFC for better tasting chicken and better service.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I have been visiting Al Baik every time i go for umrah.
But this time their quality hasnt been the same it was earlier , and to my surprise they had no broaster chicken either at the airport and the highway between makkah and madina.
That was a disappointment..

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Al Baik food was fresh the chicken was crispy and well cooked. You can dine in or take away easily the best part that they give tasty sauces in good quantity.

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Although I like the choices and taste per se but it was a nightmare. Everyone was fighting over placing and collecting orders as there was no such organisation. Compared to other international chains it still is miles better in taste and quality

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

After listening the goods of al baik today i got lunch from al baik after trying 2-3 times , was busy like it’s free food and service is not upto the mark , ordered food and paid in less then 5 mins then waited for my turn (657) was shown on the screen (619) serving and then waited for my order screen showed (659) i went to the counter and then the main show started they don’t care who’s number shown on the screen everyone was fighting for their order and no one cares after 20-30 mins i got my order after screeming louder my number to every worker working there , and after eating the food i was so mad for waisted my time for al baik