“Unorganized, no clear place to sit for a meal.”
Review of Al Baik Restaurant

Al Baik Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Medina
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was a mixture of being crowded coupled with disorganization from staff.

You don't exactly know when your order number is due! Have to get into a heavy crowd and get pushed around waving and shouting for a staff to get you your order!

I wanted to sit down and have my meal! Was no place for that, or no signs indicating it. I understand Arabic of course!

However, when I finally managed to get some staff to pay attention to me, he followed through until I got my order. That was fine.

Wouldn't recommend it unless you really have to!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I had to opportunity to visit Al Baik with my family while in Madinah. The place was chaotic as expected. Like a previous reviewer who gave this place a 1 rating, the queue number I had (512), was a pointless thing. Its who shout the loudest that mattered, and reminded me of a pit trading on the financial floor.

Here, a paying customer like me felt more like beggars waiting for handouts and that the servers were the masters, choosing who to serve first. Perhaps other customers feel at ease with this sort of treatment, but I am certain if you have this at Popeye's or KFC, they won't survive the social media onslaught.

Food-wise, its not as good as I remembered (I had my first experience in Makkah in early 2000). The 4-piece chicken were a bit too salty. While the chicken pieces were big and juicy, the spices tasted a bit off. My daughter rated is as "OK" only. The Big Baik was a better choice, and my son finished 1 piece, and then another 1/2.

Overall, go to Popeye's or KFC for better tasting chicken and better service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been visiting Al Baik every time i go for umrah.
But this time their quality hasnt been the same it was earlier , and to my surprise they had no broaster chicken either at the airport and the highway between makkah and madina.
That was a disappointment..

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Al Baik food was fresh the chicken was crispy and well cooked. You can dine in or take away easily the best part that they give tasty sauces in good quantity.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Although I like the choices and taste per se but it was a nightmare. Everyone was fighting over placing and collecting orders as there was no such organisation. Compared to other international chains it still is miles better in taste and quality