I came off the taxi and helped my family with the heavy suitcase. While helping, I was looking around at the hotel in front of me, I was super excited because my dad had once told me this hotel-apartment was one of the BEST & EXPENSIVE hotel in Guang Zhou.
As I walked in, the entrance was nicely-decorated with a huge Christmas tree since it was nearly Christmas but due to my disappointment, there was absolutely no-one in the reception nor anyone to greet us with a warm welcome. NO-ONE AT ALL, just a empty table lifelessly standing over there. My family and I were COMPLETELY lost since we had no idea what to do as we wanted to find a staff or the receptionist to check-in. Yet, my dad and I had to find and approach a security outside the entrance to find the main reception. It was somehow very surprising as the security also had no clue where was the main reception although he worked in GuangZhou for many years, and had to find it with my dad; leaving my brother, mum and I alone outside the hotel at freaking 3am in the morning, plus we were all exhausted (seriously exhausted, we didn't have much of energy left) from the 11-12 hours flight. There were no seats or chairs for us to sit or relax, just nothing. Can you imagine this? How disgraceful it was!!! When my dad had finally found it, which located in a completely different place. It took us another 5 mins of walk and had finally arrived to the main reception to check in. We got a card and a room key, finally. The service was POOR too, the people/staff who worked in the hotel made us feel unwelcome (and we all knew it’s extremely important to greet the foreigners or customers with a warm welcome) and we easily get ignored.
So, I got off the elevator and was on my way to the room which I will be staying there for two nights. While walking, I immediately noticed the wall, the wall was extremely dusty and I cringed. Of course I would. My mum later noticed it too. Not too long, I was standing in front of the door, I was actually afraid to go inside the room because I knew it would be bad. And I was correct. I was very upset, so was my parents.
1. Firstly, the bathroom was the worst one of all. It was very stinky. The bathroom doors were broken, or should I say? The bathroom doors were not EVEN a normal bathroom door and I knew it because I’ve stayed in many different hotels before and I had never seen this kind of bathroom doors before!! It was the weirdest and strangest bathroom door I’ve seen! The doors were very hard to close (my hands were sore from trying to close it properly it) and it left with a small gap. (I should have taken a photo of the bathroom doors, so that I can show what it looked like.) Anyway, the bathroom floor was extremely unhygienic and wet. The toilet seat was filthy as well. I swear when I entered the shower, I just wanted to get out as soon as possible. There were two lights in a bathroom, but there was only a light that was able to shine properly. The other one was broken so my mum was struggling to do make-up meanwhile I was struggling to wear contact lenses. Dreadful!
2. All the furnitures in the hotel-apartment were extremely old/cheap, poor and broken!! And you know what I find it so funny and stupid, they have spent all the money on the cheap furnitures which definitely wasn’t worth it. The bed was very cheap and I could tell because there were no bed legs, so in order to make the bed higher they’ve added many random piece of woods to lift it higher.The TV was working but the TV remote was broken, I couldn’t turn up the volumes. The chair was covered in dust and the material was ripped off. The kitchen kettle was broken too, it did not automatically closed when the water was boiling so my mum had to switched it off which it was very DANGEROUS!! They seriously need to buy new, better kitchenware, furniture and equipment for safety & they seriously need to clean the room!!
3. The room was full of dusts. I touched it with my bare hands (I know it’s disgusting to do that but I wanted to see how dusty it was) and of course, on my hands there were heavy dust & it was black. I was a very hygiene and clean person so I wiped all the tables, door knobs and everywhere with my kitchen wipes, the one I had brought with me. When I checked the wipes, it was very filthy with black dusts.
The bed duvet covers was still wet when I sat on it and I couldn’t even think of myself sleeping in this bed. The room was very wet and moisture.
4. Lastly, there was no telephone to contact with someone which I find it extremely strange. I mean, come on, we need to call someone in case of emergency or when we need something such as asking for more towels or shower gels. We didn’t want to go down the elevator and took a 5 mins of walk to the reception just to ask for more towels or something which it was very ridiculous plus we were all exhausted from traveling. The staff were lazy, they should at least check around the room. It was crazy.
NOTES: The first night was a disaster, so my family and I decided to change a different, better room. We immediately told the receptionist to changed the room because we couldn’t stay any longer as we felt uncomfortable, sleeping and surround by unhygienic dirt. And you never guess what? The new room the receptionist had booked for us was even worse than the previous room. The new room was a nightmare with same broken furnitures, filthy floor, broken doors and dirty tables!! Do you know what made us extremely upset? We took a freaking, frozen, cold shower especially during the winter. Come on, even the shower was broken!! My dad was furious about the cold shower so he had to walk down to the reception (because the hotel had no telephone) to ask about the shower, as well as asking a staff to help us, but the receptionist only told him how to do it but DID NOT ask for a staff to fix it for us. How lazy they were!! We had no choice but to take a cold shower, I BLAMED them for it. Stupid service!! It was freaking winter in GuangZhou, plus we all got wet from heavy rains and expected to have a warm shower to keep us from being sick. But in the reality, my poor mum had a extreme fever the very next day. She was VERY sick even though we had a flight on the exact day. I was also felt ill, my throat was sore and had an extreme headache. My brother got bed bites, it was very itchy and red. In addition, everything happened on a freaking Christmas day where we were all got sick because of this USELESS SERVICE!! We had planned to go on shopping but got cancelled because of this. We also nearly cancelled our flight because of this too!! It was truly frustrating, disappointing and a terrible experience ever!!
I was being very honest here and you have to trust me, I swear I wasn’t lying. I had attached many photos below to prove it, so don’t forget to check it out if you want to see the actual conditions in this fake hotel-apartment. It was just HORRENDOUS so I totally don’t recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in a lovely hotel!! This hotel was a liar, they seriously need to upgrade everything by having a BETTER service and hygienic. My family and I were all upset for spending the money (1000YUAN in Chinese dollar for 2 nights, therefore 500YUAN for a night) on this stupid, useless hotel-apartment and it was definitely not worth to spend on it, because they made us all SICK which we all truly cared about and we were VERY disappointed. I’ll never come back to this hotel ever again, it was the worst hotel-apartment I’ve stayed. Dear Travelers, be careful and watch out!! I would rate this star to zero. VERY UPSET.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1、Designed for daily rental, monthly rental demand offers accommodation of the family hardware.2、laundry, cooking and self-service, privacy&freedom.3、In addition to the Room Health, customized services and other services ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com and Ctrip TA so you can book your Private Enjoyed Home Apartment Guangzhou R&F Stanly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.