Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich
US$125
Agoda.com
US$143
  • Pool
The Garden Hotel Guangzhou(Guangzhou)
US$200
Dongfang Hotel(Guangzhou)
US$106
US$85
1,743 results
All reviewsclub millesimebathroom mirrorluxury roomclub floorbeautiful hotelspecial thanksplatinum membercanton fairindoor poollate checkbusiness triprooms are spaciouschinese restaurantexecutive loungetianhe districtbreakfast buffet iscanton tower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I recently stayed at the Sofitel Sunrich for 2 nights on a business trip to the Canton Fair. I was apprehensive about the cost of the Club Level but was completely satisfied. It was by far the best stay I had on a week long visit to China.
The service, the restaurants, and the room were all outstanding! The free shuttle to and from the Canton Fair was very convenient. I would recommend leaving the Fair prior to close at 5:00pm due to the massive amount of people trying to leave at once. Be careful of pirate Taxi Cabs and counterfeit money both of which I encountered. The counterfeit money is smooth like paper and the real money has texture if you run your fingers over it, a lesson I learned after the fact.
I never left the Hotel which is unusual for me but there was no need to because anything that I needed was promptly provided. The Club Level was a nice and relaxing place to work after a long day at the Fair.
Understand my stay was strictly business and the Sofitel was ideal. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bigshinywheels
Reviewed 11 May 2012

OMG how gorgeous is this place? How nice are the people?
let me start from the reception area- clean tasteful, inviting an the most beautiful chandelier you have ever seen (trust a woman to notice!).
The room we were given contained a single king bed and we were provided with a baby bed (not a porta-cot, an actual bed with mattress and linens) for the bub. it also contained a mini-business centre with desk, all essential office supplies, internet connection and a multi-plug hub to connect all our gadgets without need for an adapter. Bathroom was just lovely, with a tv screen built into the mirror, so you can watch while you soak.
Breakfast is a bit pricey and wasnt included, but there was such a huge range to choose from. A bakery, asian breakfast, american breakfast and continental breakfast sections all to choose from.
Room service was super yummy and such a convenience (what with the baby and all), i especially enjoyed the pizza!
We went to Guangzhou for the canton fair (and shopping) and the staff were so helpful and organised.
I think if we had brought our kids with us it wouldnt have been as comfy, even if they have a room with two queen beds, but for a couple, for business, or even traveling with a baby it was a great experience.
Thank you sofitel!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Beautiful new hotel in the TianHe District (but consider the Sheraton and Marriott (though the Four Seasons and Mandarin Oriental will also be joining the ranks soon), both of which are newer and more centrally located for shopping and metro access). If you are non-Asian, you will find possibly more English speaking staffs here to cater to you, and if you are Asian, you may find yourself slighted due to the staffs’ willingness to cater to the Westerners/Arabs (at least that was the experience I had both at check-in and check-out). Accor is dreadful at rewarding its loyal guests, I got two non-alcoholic drink passes for the lobby bar and a one category room upgrade as an A-Club Platinum member. The lobby lounge evening entertainment was enjoyable, mostly soft rock, and the servers were accommodating. Perhaps because I stay primarily at Starwood, Shangri-La, and Intercontinental properties, I found a lot of interesting details/differences in how the room at this hotel is furnished and fitted-out. The velvet lounge chairs are red, there is writing weaved into the carpet, the AV cables/chords are put in an interesting table-top box, a hand towel holder is used, and the seals to the shower door enclosure is designed well to avoid water leakage. Unfortunately the housekeeper did not seem to clean the toilet properly, urine stains everywhere around the toilet bowl and seat. The quality of the hotel construction is good, but it would seem that this hotel also controls how low the temperatures can reach in the rooms, so to keep cool on a sunny day you may need to shut your curtains tight.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

Very well located, excellent for business travel. The restaurant was very good, and the fit out modern.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I just completed my first stay during the May 2012 Canton Fair. The room was great, internet speed was superb, and the staff were all excellent. I got a nasty cold during my stay. The main Chef, Remco Vaatstra, took the time to make a special cold remedy for me; boiled coke and ginger. I know it sounds weird but it really worked. I also have to recommend Marie who was a superb host in the lobby and helped me out on several occasions in exchanging money, and making reservations. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business