The Westin Pazhou
US$106
US$84
US$142
  • Pool
The Garden Hotel Guangzhou(Guangzhou)
US$168
US$51
US$46
Agoda.com
US$128
All reviewscanton fairspanish chefthe executive loungechef davidsky bridgeconvention centertrade showgreat hoteldirect accessfair groundsf bcorner roomchinese restaurantchoose this hotelplatinum memberdinner buffetcomfortable rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stayed for a night for extended family trip and had a twin bed to house my wife, my two young children and myself.

Overall quality of the bed and amenities in the room was satisfactory. Two issues encountered were the air-conditioning unit which sent out warm breeze on a relatively warm night despite we set the designated temperature at 18 degrees Celsius, and water streaming out from the bathtub area when my son used the shower head of the bathtub for his quick shower (and it was my fault for failing to keep an eye on him so some water went to the tiles surrounding the tub and streamed to the floor from the sides of the tub rather than being contained within the tub).

We asked for staff to send in additional floor mats to dry up the bathroom floor and they were promptly delivered. Staff attitude were professional, friendly and responsive.

Had Chinese dinner at one of the function rooms arranged by family acquaintances. The dishes were all delicious and I like their dark sauce shrimp in particular.

There was a great variety of cuisine to choose for the breakfast and those I took were all very tasty. My children were more prone to eating fewer on trips probably because of their sometimes picky attitude towards food (again my bad for unable to make them accept whatever they have in front of them when it comes to dining), but both gobbled up a lot during breakfast time.

Heard from relatives that the indoor pool and gym were of great quality but I did not try them out.

There is also a whiskey bar at the ground floor. Not sure of the quality and prices of the drinks there but perhaps I should pay a visit on the next occasion.

I think the hotel is a little afar from the central district of Guangzhou, yet there are a number of large exhibition complexes around and I suppose it is very desirable for patrons attending exhibitions nearby or otherwise wanting to explore the eastern part of Guangzhou to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I have been to several hotels in the world, and I really think this is maybe the best, or ok, one of the best hotels. Everything:the reception, the room, the breakfast (this was really a nice surprise). It was a nice surprise the Italian gentleman (employee of the hotel) who was around the lobby, and asked us, European travelles, if he can help anything. It maked me feel so comfortable there.
Go and try, if you can!!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Very sleek and totally modern hotel attached via walkway to GZ Convention Center. Rooms are very richly appointed and very modern. Views of GZ skyline are breathtaking. Executive Lounge is large and very spacious. Food choices are very extensive and team at the lounge is BEYOND accommodating. They truly know you by the last and first name. Customer service to its finest . All the ladies were exceptional. I believe managers name is Miss. Martha Ramirez and she is exemplary employee along with her team. Bravo! One surprising thing of the hotel is that room service is beyond delicious - the best club sandwich that I ever had - truly it is a must . It is so great that it should be on the list of things to do when in Guangzhou - have the Club sandwich at the Westin Pazhou. I was very impressed with Linguine carbonara as well which was excellent . Surprisingly I found their famous Chinese restaurant just average and service needs to be better - disconnect with sequence of service. Food temperature was off - not warm enough which was disappointing.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank CDOD1970
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I was in Guangzhou for another business trip this month. For this time, I decided to give Westin a shot instead of Sofitel and the Marriott. I had booked the Premium room this time and I wasn't disappointed. The rooms were quite sizeable with what I consider is the best mattress of all the hotels I have stayed at. I would consider staying at Westin just because of their "heavenly" mattress. The buffet breakfast and dinner were quite good with a great variety. However, for the dinner buffet, they tend to refill quite slowly if at all. They ran out of a few of the seafood selections by by 8:30pm which was quite disappointing. Other than that, all the foods were great! Only knock on the hotel is the location. It basically has nothing around for restaurants or shops. If you are there for conventions, it is the perfect hotel since it is right across the convention centre. If you want to be in the heart of the city, I wouldn't recommend this place unless you want to take a taxi out (10-15mins). Overall, a great hotel but I would prefer staying more in the city centre for easier access.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Ray L
Fiona F, Manager at The Westin Pazhou, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Dear Ray,

Warm greetings from The Westin Pazhou! Thank you for choosing us and taking time to share your experience. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your first stay, especially our signature Heavenly Bed as well as great variety of buffet. At the same time, we do appreciate your valuable suggestions for buffet and surrounding attractions. Rest assured that we will share your feedback with our management team and see how we can improve our service to bring you perfect renewal experience. For your next stay, we sincerely recommend you to try out the Party Pier, which is only 5-minute’s taxi drive from our hotel, and is full of bars and fine restaurants. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Amazing stay with the Westin Pazhou.

It was a amazing stay with the Westin Pazhou. Perfect hotel, greatest service and comfortable bed of Heavenly Bed:-)

I am so amazed that I can meet Alan Gu again When I am checking in at the Lounge, I am so amazed that he is works with the Westin Pazhou, because I met him in Sheraton Shantou before, we are so happy to meet each other again!

Alan Gu still remember my preference, he quickly prepared a cup of orange juice for me and we chatted about this hotel.

And, I am so happy to heard that they have already upgraded to premium suite for this stay. Bigger living room, comfortable bedroom, nicest toilet with amazing skyline.

I really appreciate that I am a platinum member of SPG. I can feel that how this hotel take care of SPG platinum member, it comes with all benefits as well

Happy hour is very wonderful, many staple food, many sweet meats, many fruits, many drinks, I am satisfied with this lounge, i have a wonderful dinner in the lounge, especially Alan gu, he took good care of me. Appreciate!

Lastly, all employees are very friendly, front desk, the executive lounge, HSKP, GYM and so on.

I will be choosing the hotel again if I am planning to come to Guangzhou in the future.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with 单个酒店
1  Thank Louissq