“Guangzhou Haven”

Ranked #12 of 3,466 Hotels in Guangzhou
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Guangzhou Haven”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Love this place. Always comfortable and very luxurious. We always upgrade our room for a comfy bed

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrea B
thegardenhotel, Resident Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay at The Garden Hotel, Guangzhou! I am happy to read that you have found our hotel a “Haven in Guangzhou” and that it meets all the comfort and luxury for your stay. Your comments will serve as an encouragement for us to consistently maintain the high standards which you have been experienced during your stays with us.

We greatly appreciate you as our loyal and regular guest, and it is always a pleasure to welcome you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance and we look forward for your next visit.

Email: paulsun@thegardenhotel.com.cn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Malaysia
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Good hotel to stay in Guangzhou. Excellent services at the hotel and its restaurants. Good amenities in its room. We stayed in the Elite rooms. However, as we were travelling with my parents who are in their 70s, we had emailed a month earlier to book the rooms and requested for the rooms to be side by side of each other but was given rooms that was so far apart even though it was on the same floor. And my parents had a lady knocking at their door,. They did not open the door but the lady was speaking in Mandarin which they did not understand. When they did not open the door, the lady walked away. How could this happen?

One more thing is there are no seating place at the lobby for senior citizens when they waited downstairs at the lobby during check in and when we waited for our transportation. We could not find any chairs to seat and my mom was not able to stand for too long.

Also i asked if we could get a good corporate rate when we next visit, the reception told me she would pass my calling card to her sales department. I have been back now for 4 days and no news yet from the sales dept.

Overall, its a good hotel to stay in Guangzhou. Food is good too at their restaurants.

Room Tip: If you are booking for a superior room, Opt for a Elite room. Good amenities and comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sharine T
thegardenhotel, Resident Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, 15 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on tripadvisor during your recent stay with us at The Garden Hotel, Guangzhou. I am happy to read that you and your family had a wonderful stay, and enjoyed our service, food quality and the in-room amenities.

I was concerned to read about the incident which you have mentioned that someone had rang the door bell of your parents room, I have personally investigated this matter and found out thru our CCTV footage on 7th January 2012 at around 18.35 hrs, our room attendant had rang the bell and addressed herself in English and Chinese for the evening turn down service. After inquiring from the room attendant she mentioned that your parents was inside room and since the door was not opened, she left.

I would like to further stress on our commitment with regards to security, safety and privacy of all our guests in the hotel. We have 24 hour security officer on duty at the elevator lobby to monitor the guests movements into the elevators. The elevators can only function to the floors with the room keys and also we carry out security patrols on all the floors with a 24 hour CCTV been monitored. We have received many appreciations by our guests thru comment cards, feedbacks and tripadvisor reviews with regards to the security and safety of The Garden Hotel during their stay.

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the seating arrangements in the lobby and the late responds from our sales team. We do have a seating area adjoining to the reception counter, also we do have the duty manager and guest relation desk at the entrance which can be used. Our sales team had tried to reach you in your room on the 8th January evening and was not successful, I have asked my sales team to follow up on the corporate rate and a email has been sent to you on 13th January, once again my sincere apologize for the delay.

I am happy to know that you will be returning back soon to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me and I would be more than happy to personally take care of your reservation, and any special requests you may have.

Wishing you a truly fulfilling 2012!

Michigan
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I have stayed here twice when in Guangzhou for the Canton Fair and will NEVER do so again. Go elsewhere for less money. The area around this hotel is also tacky, especially for families.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank RickinShelby
thegardenhotel, Resident Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, 29 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your brief review during your stay in April 2011. I am concerned to read about your disappointing elements of your experience and please accept my sincere apologizes for any inconvenience that may have caused to you. Should time permit, I would very much appreciate if you could please email me with details of your stay and the shortcomings. This would help me to address the issues which you have faced and personally provide you with our feedback.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology and I hope that we will be able to regain your confidence, and welcome you back in the future. I look forward to the possibility of hearing from you directly, and I thank you in advance for your time.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I stayed at the Garden for 22 days on a business trip. I had a good stay and plan to return next month. I had very good service from the staff; it's very professional but not in-your-face with service which is what I like. The hotel was decorated very nicely for Christmas. I thought the room was clean but average in decor and could use some updating. I'm not sure if the retro-looking controls on the nightstands were on purpose or just old. The bed was really firm but I think is the norm in Asia. Wi-fi in the room worked without problem. Included in my rate was free breakfast buffet. The selection of western and asian breakfast choices was good but a couple times the scrambled eggs were cold. However, the endless supply of crispy bacon was excellent! To work off the bacon, I used the fitness center a few times. It had a decent number of cardio machines but the space for free weights was cramped if there were more than 2 people. I used the hotel laundry service a couple times with no issues except some items were not washed because they had small holes in them (not hotel's fault--my clothes are just old). Fortunately the hotel is across from a mall where I can buy new clothes. Also within walking distance are many bars, diverse restaurants (Mexican, Spanish, Turkish, sushi, etc) and a Starbucks across the street which I visited frequently. If you need to get around the city, the Taojin Line 5 metro stop is conveniently in front. I feel the value is good and the vibrant location makes it worth coming back.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Huanshi Dong Lu have nicer view of shopping center. Be sure to ask for non-smoking roo...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank GlorifiedPlumber
thegardenhotel, Resident Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very pleased to read your positive review and enjoyed your stay during your recent visit at The Garden Hotel.

We are delighted to read that your stay offered excellent value and would be returning back soon, we also appreciate your positive feedback on the professionalism and the excellent service demonstrated by our team. We do apologize for the scramble egg been cold and rest assured that corrective measures has been taken to ensure that we maintain the right temperature on the egg station. We have completed the upgrade on the bed mattress in our Elite room category last week and hopefully this will make a difference to the bed mattress, as further option we offer soft mattress on request.

I am happy to read that you will be coming back soon, I would very much appreciate if you could get in touch with me so that I could take care of your reservation and personally welcome you back to The Garden Hotel.

Wishing you a truly fulfilling 2012!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Is good for business visitors. Many Arabic travelers prefer this hotel for location, luxury and service.
Across the street there is very busy Turkish restaurant that was full and we had to wait 10 min to get at table. Called Passfor Turkish rest.
The hotel staff are good and friendly.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank AHMED81
thegardenhotel, Resident Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay at The Garden Hotel, Guangzhou! I am delighted to read your positive feedback and find that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance.

Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I was on a vacation tour of China which ended in Guangzhou. We stayed at this exquisitely beautiful Garden Hotel for 2 nights. This hotel is central to the financial district and has gym/pool/spa, beauty salon, restaurants, lounge, private meeting spaces, stable in room wifi service. Nearby is an upscale shopping area (walking distance), restaurants, grocery stores, subway entrance at the end of their driveway block, and cheap eateries where you can grab a quick meal. We arrived early to the hotel and could not check in right away, but their efficient bell service was able to hold our luggage securely without charge, and one of their duty managers, Anita, was very welcoming in explaining the amenities available to us and further comped us with much appreciated drinks in their lounge and a private meeting room to discuss our next days plans. Our actual hotel room (we only paid for standard room) was ok, but not as splendorous as their common areas. Overall this was a wonderful experience and there is no question that their hospitality team is top notch.

Room Tip: try to get a room that is rated above the most basic, if possible.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank SubwayRider82
thegardenhotel, Resident Manager at The Garden Hotel Guangzhou, responded to this review, 19 December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience you had during your recent stay at The Garden Hotel, Guangzhou.

We are delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel, service and the hospitality. Your feedback inspires us to consistently maintain the high standards at all times for our valued guests.

We do appreciate your recognition of my team member Anita who will be very happy to hear that her efforts in customer service has exceed your expectation. It is with great pleasure that I extend such positive feedback to our colleagues who are dedicated to ensuring each of our guests stay is memorable.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance.

VIRGINIA
Reviewed 8 December 2011

As soon as you walk in the door, you are overwhelmed by the amazing decor and uniqueness of this hotel. You quickly feel like royalty and start thinking you could easily become accustomed to this lifestyle! We stayed here for a week during our recent trip to adopt our second child from China. This hotel was the best one by far. The staff was great, but the check-in line a bit slow. The cleaing staff was very kind and work very quickly. The buffet breakfast was amazing, especially the crispy bacon!!!! Yum!!! The waterfall and park around it was very relaxing and fun to explore. The rooms were modern and very comfortable. A lot of stores and restaurants were within close walking distance. I especially enjoyed the two italian restaurants only a block away. The only thing not impressive with the hotel is the children's playroom. The playroom is small and the toys are mismatched, broken, missing parts, etc. The playroom could use some updating but otherwise, staying at this hotel is a pleasant experience that you'll remember fondly.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank SWINGLINE34
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience during your recent stay at The Garden Hotel, Guangzhou.

We were delighted to read that you have been overwhelmed and felt like royalty at The Garden Hotel, and overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. We do apologize for the inconvenience with regards the playroom toys, we have taken corrective measures and replaced all the toys in our playroom.