Good East Hotel
US$298
US$264
Trip.com
  • Pool
The Garden Hotel Guangzhou(Guangzhou)
US$188
US$143
Jianguo Hotel(Guangzhou)
US$75
US$69
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Our flight to Hong Kong was cancelled and we were sent to this hotel. At 2 am and exhausted you only want a bed, you will most likely say yes to everything and China Southern Airlines will send you there... Forget about clean rooms, forget about service and also forget about hot water.

Good news is that you will only spend a couple of hours there.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jan Christian S
Reviewed 13 December 2011

After missing our China Southern Flight (after they didn't tell us of a timetable change) we were shipped off to the Good East. When we arrived we were a tiny bit concerned and the walk through the stenchy corridors into the hideous rooms confirmed that this was not the place to be for a night. We then packed up, got the bus and stayed at Pullmans - this place I can recommend (unfortunately at our cost though). The staff at the Good East were helpful although I'm pretty sure they were making fun of me at some stage - the pointing and giggling gave it away. I'm just happy still breathing.

Room Tip: No room is a good room
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank gmhollis
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Also I was directed here when a China Southern domestic flight delay caused a missed connection to their flight to Kuala Lumpur. Very sad they send their passengers to such a bad hotel. Even they required me to accept a room mate unless I paid 100 RMB. The room was noisy, dirty carpet and shower and funghi on the wall.

Really bad start of my holiday and the last time a risk a connection with China Southern in Guangzhou.

Room Tip: Not possible.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank JBObackNL
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Baiyun airport Guanzhou, tried booking room at MacDonalds very unfriendly staff refused us wifi til we purchased then when the half hour expired wanted us to leave. Terrible chicken burgers! No option but to book at Baiyun Hotel booking counter. Told us the hotel we tried to book didn't exist had few options left and booked Good East Hotel after being assured they had good beds. The moment I entered hotel I said to friend I can smell the coconut fibre matresses, sure enough rock hard fibre matresses, luke warm water,no toilet paper,ancient tv, and itchy legs from the BED BUGS. The endless traffic noise, horns tooting at all hours assured us a miserable welcome to Guanzhou. Don't be caught!

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brett W
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Passengers of the cancelled outbound flight from Guangzhou were herded onto the hotel shuttle to the Good East Hotel at way past 2am, for standby until further notice from the airline. My first impression of the hotel premises was already bad but to my horror, at the checkin counter, I was told that it is on twin sharing basis. I didn't mind sharing with my other 2 travelling companions, but our request for an additional bed was adamantly turned down on the basis that there is no room with space for 3 beds. Thus it's either I room with a complete stranger or fork out 100yuan if I wanted my own room. Or standaround at the lobby? I don't think they would even send me back to the Airport! Isn't that outright daylight robbery at that unearthly hour and with no other transport available in that remote area? True enough, after I paid the 100yuan and went into the room, I found that the room can definitely house 1 (or even 2) other twin bed comfortably!

If I had the choice, I wouldn't even want to step into this run down hotel. I sincerely would not mind paying more if given the option to be in a more decent place. The carpets in the room are dirty and worn. The room door was old, rattly and it was pretty unsettling without a door chain. I didn't mind the bed being hard and but it sloped towards one side. I was thankful the bedsheets looked decently clean, and the airconditioning still worked, so I just kept to bed and didn't dare venture to explore other parts of the room. My room (which is probably reserved for paying customers) had 2 old sofas, and a small flat screen LCD TV which looked hilarious in the jaded surrounding.

The counter desk staff speak mainly Mandarin, with a only a couple being able to communicate in Cantonese, and none in English. So those who don't speak any Chinese will definitely be exasperated.

Meals were covered by the Airline but that doesn't mean we had to be treated poorly by the Hotel restaurant service staff. Food will only be served at tables with 10 people seated. You get reprimanded impolitely for not filling a table. Hygiene is definitely not in the agenda. The waitresses only give you a dirty look for requesting serving spoons. No extra spoons came, and will you eat food which has been dugged into by 9 strangers?

Don't even believe a third of what you read in the hotel marketing brochures or websites information on it being a 3star hotel, etc. I noticed though that there are a couple of blocks with the same Hotel Name along the road. So, unless the Airline had put us in the block with the worst rooms and service, I rest my case.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family