“Little Italian Restaurant by: Ari & Father (Jukka) from Finland”
Review of Little Italian

Little Italian
Ranked #21 of 328 Restaurants in Guilin
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2015

Ari: Good place to visit after walk or just go with friends to have good time, small place, good menu,peaceful and nice people, best of luck and hope to see soon!

Father (Jukka): a cozy place.

BY: Ari & Father (Jukka) form Finland

Reviewed October 13, 2014

Small and cosy place. If you need a break from Chinese food, this is a good choice. We had a pizza however pasta looked also great. WiFi internet available and they played the Beatles :)

Reviewed September 10, 2014

I really don't understand why this place is recommended both here and in the LP guide. My boyfriend and I had breakfast here one morning. There were few other people there too but the waiter/cook couldn't manage it at all. We had to wait 40 minutes just to get some fried eggs, toasts, some badly done bacon and some Chinese spam (we expected Italian style ham both because of the name of the cafe and because of the price). The only good thing was the coffee.

1  Thank Sandra G
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I would much rather be giving a more favourable review of this restaurant; however I felt compelled to share my recent experience I had there.

My friend and I decided to try the breakfast. After a very lengthy wait (we were the only people there at the time) my order of bacon, eggs, tomato, toast, and juice finally came out. It was requested in both English and Chinese that the bacon was to be only lightly cooked, not crispy, what came out was overcooked crisp morsels, the fried eggs looked as they had been dropped on the ground and scraped back onto the plate, the tomato what I expected to be cooked was thin slices of semi green raw tomato, and the “food” that came out was barely warm, oh except for the frothy brown apple juice.

My friend ordered a meal that was meant to feature cooked ham, what he received resembled a cheap artificial version of fried spam. He shared with me that it tasted like sweet cardboard with no resemblance to meat whatsoever; which he felt was inedible. It goes without saying, I won't be returning to this place.

2  Thank Asia_expeditions
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this small cafe. Firstly, the pizza is wonderful. If you enjoy the thin based pizza with tasty toppings made freshly to order, then I think this is the place to go. If you want deep pan greasy pizza go somewhere else. With my friends, both Chinese and European, we ordered several pizzas and pasta dishes, with beers and wine. As a small cafe I thought the wait for the food (20 mins) was very reasonable. We all enjoyed the food so much. The music is soft and great, the decoration is interesting, but the best thing was the manageress Frances and her cute waitress who made our evening so enjoyable. Thanks so much Frances, for the company, conversation and travel recommendations. I look forward to paying a visit next time I am in Guilin.