“Go for it!”
other travellers have booked this property
Living room with heating and cooling unit
sofa in the living room view from the balcony
Check Availability
view from the balcony
dining room
dining room
1st master bedroom king size upstairs
sunny twin bedroom with wool carpet
2nd master bedroom downstairs king size
bunk bed
1st master bathroom upstairs
2nd bigger bathroom  with 2 sinks and steambath with music
3rd bathroom downstairs
spotless kitchen
1st balcony with  washing machine, outdoor smoking area
2nd balcony
view from the north balcony
fields view from the north balcony
glassed in balcony/sun room
garden in the complex
community gate
Long Sheng Terraced Paddy Fields, one of the five China Wonders 2013, 2 hours drive
Reed Flute cave, half hour drive
Gu Dong Waterfall park, 1 hour drive
bamboo rafting on Yulong river
Rong Lake,25 minutes drive
ancient city wall gate, 25 minutes drive
Hui Xian coutry view, 1 hour drive
airport city terminal, soon to be completed, 2 km away
restaurants and coffee shops, in Wan Fu Plaza, 2 km away
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

iPS y
“Go for it!”
Reviewed December 30, 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

I was in Guilin between 23-28 Dec with my family of 6 adults, 2 teenagers, and a 5yr old nephew. This apartment was the ideal choice as all 9 of us could stay under one roof. The apartment was very comfortable and fully equipped with everything we needed, except our own toiletries which we anyway carry with us when we travel.

The hospitality of the owner, Daisy, who was also our golden licensed tour guide, made our stay very comfortable. It was enlightening when she explained the history of the places we visited. The entire trip was memorable with amazing sceneries to take in, and always with loads of laughter during our journeys on the road ;D My son even made a new friend--with Daisy's son of the same age, with common interest in music :)

The only reason why I haven't rated 5 stars is the water heater, which didn't have consistent temperature. All of us experienced the water turning icy cold while in the midst of showering (it's winter time!). We also learned not to flush used toilet papers into the toilet bowl in Guilin. We didn't know at first and conveniently flushed it down like we did in Singapore, That choked 2 of the toilet bowls in the apartment...oops! We waited till the next morning till Daisy came and fortunately she was able to fix it.

Location wise is a little south. Some taxi drivers would negotiate for a fix price without using meter. But from the main town (ZhongShan road), we only paid between CNY 20-40 per trip, depending on which part of the road we were.

Nonetheless, all of us were (still are) very happy to have stayed in the cozy unit. No regrets!!!

If you are planning to be in China, any part of China, I highly recommend that you contact Daisy to help you organize your trip. She has been in the line for more than 10 yrs and you will be in good hands.

Thank you, Daisy.
All the best and stay fit.

30 Dec 2014
Thank you very much, Irene!!! It has been a good time for me and so fun to be with you., and I feel part of the family too. I hope Da Shu be back soon.
I am sorry to hear about some of the inconsistent temperature of the hot water. I guess the water pressure in the community is not always the same.
thank you for your coming!!!
Jamesstua...
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent choice for Self catering”
Reviewed September 28, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Our stay in Guilin was excellent. If you are looking for the opportunity to live almost like a local, in a normal apartment block sharing (family or a group of friends) and self-cater then this is a good option. It's not a 5 star hotel. You will need to be adventurous and a small amount of Chinese language would be useful, but its a great experience. There are small local shops where you can buy food, beer and wine, and the kitchen equipment (pots and pans) was adequate for everything but an oven roast. There are regular buses going to and from the Guilin city centre, which is probably 30 mins away. The hard part is working out where to get on and off. It costs 1 yuan - which is incredibly cheap. Getting taxis to the city is not a problem, but when you want to get back at night you will have to pay 3 times the price and argue the the toss with the Cabbies. Cab drivers are the same all over the world in my experience!
Daisy (The owner) was very helpful. In the end she assisted me with organising major portions of our whole China trip, including internal flights, trains and pickups to and from Guangzhou, chengdu, yichang, Xian and Beijing. She very helpfully loaned me a chinese SIM for contacting her on our journey.
We had a few hiccups. One of them is Yi Chang. This is the end-stop in the down stream Yangze three Gorges cruise. I have done the cruise twice (self organised trips) and both times Yi Chang has been difficult to get out of to anywhere else.
This time our flight out of Yi Chang was cancelled so we were stuck. Daisy was on the phone helping us overcome this difficulty. Be warned - the porters at the dock will insist on being paid 15RMB per item of luggage - even if you wheel it off the boat yourself.
Guilin is a great tourist spot - the trip down the river to Yangshuo through the karst mountains is a must. There are loads of things to do in and out of town.

If you want a real Chinese experience then this is a great option.
If you want a package for all of China then Daisy can arrange one for you.

I could give you lots more advice and gotchas for the independant Chinese traveller, but this is not the place.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Excellent Chinese experience (not touristy)
Liked least: The weather (unseasonably hot)
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
4 Oct 2014
Thanks Jamie and the whole family!! He came to China twice in a short time with his family. He is almost a China deputy. He supports me for everything I advised and did, perfectness and imperfectness. I gained all the opportunities to draw the dreamed picture for his big family.
rthouin
Calgary, Canada
“Safe, convenient and luxurious vacation rental. Everything you need in one stop”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We spent the last week of July 2014 at Daisy's penthouse in Guilin, China. What an unforgettable, amazing experience. This vacation rental has everything you'll need for a relaxing and rejuvenating holiday. Daisy has been in the tourism sector for 15 years in Guilin and knows the ropes. Not only does she rent this wonderful holiday home, she also offers informative, safe and value added tours of the surrounding area. Daisy will give you an honest price and work hard to make sure your trip is everything you want it to be.

Her rental is located on the top floor of an apartment/condo building and its two stories. There is plenty of room for large groups or big families which is HARD to find anywhere in China. The price is unbeatable since you aren't forced to rent 2 hotel rooms to fit your family.

The rough and jagged mountains that make Guilin famous are visible from all the balconies of Daisy's place. She makes a great breakfast - which even my picky little eaters were happy with.

We hired her for 4 days of touring and it was wonderful to be able to custom pick the places we wanted to go and things we wanted to do rather than join a large group. I was very impressed with the van driver Daisy choose for us. He was such a safe driver and I felt confident that he could manage the long drives on sometimes a little scary roads.

She gave us great restaurant advice and made sure we were able to get where we wanted to go. A taxi ride to downtown from Daisy's place is a little far but just a couple bucks.

I would highly highly recommend Daisy's rental to anyone going to Guilin. Also - if her place is already rented - contact her for tours. She's probably the most honest tour guide out there.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I liked the views, the space and the amount of rooms for my large family
Liked least: At little far from the downtown hub of activity but everything you need is within walking distance.
Travelling group: Young Children
UK/Shanghai
Reviewed February 17, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
17 Feb 2014
To offer guests a nice house and take to my picked restaurants usually make them good boys and girls. But the three teenagers got so exciting after the chicken village and tribe that they rocked the van on the winding way. What should I do? The stored stories and puzzles on my mind work well on them. Finally I was drawn to join their tricks and sneak on their dad. Rod seems rejoicing being a joke butt but spurred to study Chinese hard to fight back one day… Laughter, fun, chill-out, gain knowledge, nice food and bed etc. that is we call a holiday. Thank Rod, Wendy, Bethany, Connie and Bailey to be my guests on Chinese New Year.
BlessedMo...
Waco, Texas
“Best Guilin Vacation Choice”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

Choosing to stay at this apartment for our stay in Guilin was the best decision we made during our five week trip in China. Daisy and her family made our trip in Guilin comfortable, enjoyable and very memorable. Our family of 7 ( 2 adults and kids aged 18, 15, 11, 11 and 9), really enjoyed the space in this apartment. We loved the breakfast Daisy's husband Song cooked for us every morning too.
Most importantly, we appreciated Daisy's travel help all along the way. Daisy arranged our travel to and from Guilin (train to Guilin and flight from Guilin). We also used her as our travel guide while we were there. Comparing her prices to other trips, I realized that she saved us a lot of money because of her experience and the discounts she was able to get us by being registered as a special travel agent. We especially loved the Dragon Rice Terraces and White Water rafting trip which was the highlight of our whole China vacation. By the way, I found that the advice in the travel books about what we would enjoy in Guilin did not match Daisy's advice. We really didn't enjoy the places the travel books highlighted as much as the ones she suggested. Moreover, nothing could replace the fact that Daisy, her son and husband became our friends during the trip. They spent time showing us around the town and talking to us about China's history and culture. Daisy's son is quite an expert at Chinese history and Daisy's husband is a professor of Chinese Traditional medicine.
On top of everything else, Daisy is a fine businesswoman who handled all of our financial transactions professionally and honestly. It was very helpful to be able to use PayPal for many of our transactions. As a professional reviewer for HubPages, I can honestly say that I have never rated any review as highly as I do this property. If you are traveling to Guilin, you will be very glad you chose to stay at this property.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Comfortable apartment with kitchen and breakfast. Travel guidance. Relationships with owner.
Liked least: Nothing.
Travelling group: Teenagers
SATWINDER...
CANADA
“Beautiful”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Very nice and very big place. Our kids loved the music in one of the showers. Very good breakfast cooked by dr. Song and junior Song. Daisy Chan is a proffesional tourist guide too and know the area and history very well. Thank you for making our stay in Gulin pleasurable:-)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Lots of room and very friendly people.
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Washington DC
Reviewed July 14, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing